Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

So how long do you wait?

Regretably, my cousin just informed me that after 15+ years of marriage, she and her husband are calling it quits. I wasn't aware that they had seperated for a few months several years back, but reconciled. She says that despite her best efforts, the marriage isn't viable.

As it happens, I have a friend who would be a good match for her personality. If nothing else, he'd be a good set of training wheels for her if she get's back into dating.

Let me see if I read your post correctly. Your cousin just informed you that she and her husband are calling it quits and you want to introduce her to a friend of yours? :surprise: I would suggest that you let them get the divorce over with first. If it was me I would keep my mouth shut. Things like this can come back to bite you in the butt in about 100 different ways.

Just my $0.02,

Pat

Let me see if I read your post correctly. Your cousin just informed you that she and her husband are calling it quits and you want to introduce her to a friend of yours? :surprise: I would suggest that you let them get the divorce over with first. If it was me I would keep my mouth shut. Things like this can come back to bite you in the butt in about 100 different ways.

Just my $0.02,

Pat

Yup, back off. You mean well but after 15+ years she just may want to take a breather. Let her ask you!

Forget your cousin for a minute.

You'd set a friend up to be the rebound-dude? That first guy ain't going anywhere good.

Damn....

I don't want to get into too many personal details, but for multiple reasons it's a no-lose situation.

Forget your cousin for a minute.

You'd set a friend up to be the rebound-dude? That first guy ain't going anywhere good.

Damn....

I don't want to get into too many personal details, but for multiple reasons it's a no-lose situation.

If there is so much more to know then without that info noone can possibly give you the answer you already want.

As was said above, regardless of personality compatibility the timing and possiblity of anything other than a short term rebound relationship is a long shot at best. Be prepared to have either a cousin or friend pissed at you and most likely both, unless you know for a fact that neither of them are after anything more than recreational activity.

Wait...you're in Canada. Y'all breed 'em for warmth not speed up in them parts, right? Maybe not....

I should say something like, 'this is a family oriented forum and that's not acceptable!' or something, but it's too funny. I may have to borrow that one...

Divorced chicks are almost my entire dating pool so I'll offer this, If you do try and be match maker just set it up as you think they would have some fun hanging out. Chicks understand the whole, 'hanging out and having fun' stuff way more than we do. As long as your buddy is good with that I'd say proceed...

<_< ya know If he was from the ......South I would say he wanted to ask her himself :goof:

The old trick is to have a dinner party with more than 6 people

This works to get them in the same room with little hassle or pressure. that way you can say, "Hey, I just introduced you two. It's not like I really set you two up!" when either one gets pissed.

Make sure it is a friend you can live without.

Yeah, unless she's hot and looking to have some fun. Then your friend will probably thank you. I hooked a friend up witha girl like that, and while she was minor drama for about a month, they remember it fondly to this day. Though, they talk to me and not eachother.

Wait...you're in Canada. Y'all breed 'em for warmth not speed up in them parts, right? Maybe not....

I should say something like, 'this is a family oriented forum and that's not acceptable!' or something, but it's too funny. I may have to borrow that one...

Divorced chicks are almost my entire dating pool so I'll offer this, If you do try and be match maker just set it up as you think they would have some fun hanging out. Chicks understand the whole, 'hanging out and having fun' stuff way more than we do. As long as your buddy is good with that I'd say proceed...

:roflol::roflol: I dated a girl from Lethbridge, Alberta once. She broke my heart. :huh:

I was separated but not divorced when friends started running women by me. For me it was great. Two out of the three women ended up in great relationships/friendships. BUT

Here is what I have learned: Men are dumb, I am a man, therefore I am dumb.

Anytime you asked about man about how to determine what a woman wants, needs, etc. , you need to go back to my rule. Do not try and second guess what is the best thing to do, you will always be wrong. Over the last 20 years I have worked mostly with women. Whenever I probe/ask/inquire them about anything, I am always amazed at how they go about answering.

You can 1) give the guy her number or 2) tell her about him, then walk away. Do not get in the middle, do not play match maker, just give them the option and walk away. They will appreciate the effort but will not hold you libel for the consequences. The latter being most important.

They will appreciate the effort but will not hold you libel for the consequences.

One of the first things I learned on the Internet is that it's rude to make fun of another person's misspellings. So please take my word for it, that's not what I'm doing here. However that just seemed SO appropriate I couldn't let it pass unremarked. :lol: