Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2010 Ozark 3 Gun Championships and 3 Gun Nation affiliation

• Replies 589
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

jtischauser, Good video, bad deal with the rifle breakage, but good shooting none the less. Anyone with any pics or other videos?

You can see photos I took at www.nrablog.com, click on the "3-gun" tag to the left to see the feed of stories and pics.

I expected you to be a little more tech savy. Something like this, maybe???? :devil:

http://nrablog.com/?tag=/3-gun

You got me Bryan... I'm still waiting to see if I can find a bar with a drink menu like the one at the shooter's dinner :goof:

There are a few bars you can get those drinks, but I don't think you would want to go in the door! (or be seen there!)

jtischauser, Good video, bad deal with the rifle breakage, but good shooting none the less. Anyone with any pics or other videos?

You can see photos I took at www.nrablog.com, click on the "3-gun" tag to the left to see the feed of stories and pics.

I expected you to be a little more tech savy. Something like this, maybe???? :devil:

http://nrablog.com/?tag=/3-gun

You got me Bryan... I'm still waiting to see if I can find a bar with a drink menu like the one at the shooter's dinner :goof:

There are a few bars you can get those drinks, but I don't think you would want to go in the door! (or be seen there!)

Oh hell, what did I miss........

Just want to say thanks to all the Chad, Kirk, Damon, Sandra, Adams Arms, range officers and everyone else who made this happen. This was my first time at the Ozarks match and I really had a great time both on and off the range. All the stages were a lot of fun to shoot and all the RO's did a great job of keeping things running smoothly and fairly for everyone. The prize table was well stocked and thanks to Vortex for the awesome Razor HD scope I was able to pick up.

Does anyone have any video of the shoot off where I slipped and fell on my butt in front of everyone? :lol:

Just want to say thanks to all the Chad, Kirk, Damon, Sandra, Adams Arms, range officers and everyone else who made this happen. This was my first time at the Ozarks match and I really had a great time both on and off the range. All the stages were a lot of fun to shoot and all the RO's did a great job of keeping things running smoothly and fairly for everyone. The prize table was well stocked and thanks to Vortex for the awesome Razor HD scope I was able to pick up.

Does anyone have any video of the shoot off where I slipped and fell on my butt in front of everyone? :lol:

Im sure we will all see it on 3GN soon enough!!!

Cool video man, thanks for posting that. Definitely a crazy fun and challenging match, should be on a must shoot match list for next year. Sorry to hear about your malf, looks like you were shooting well too.

Kirk, Chad, Damon, Adams Arms, Samson Mfg and 3 Gun Nation, a big Thank You for your hard work - you folks put on a great match. Every stage was well thought out and very challenging. The RO's were all terrific guys who were helpful and friendly. The 3GN addition brought great coverage to the event and to the area and was a blast to watch. See you next year!

+1 :cheers:

I really enjoyed the stages that I shot well. ;) The other stages were cool too.

For those of you that weren't there here is what it looked like.

2010 Ozark 3 Gun Champiosnhip

I apologize for the length of the video. :angry2:

I heard you did very well man... I'm not a bit surprised smile.gif Congratulations!

No but I have one of those of my wife at the match hotel. Speaking of falling, does anyone have a video of Taran's swim?

You almost caught Daniel even with the fall. You should have knocked the rifle rack over to get a reshoot;)

Edited by jtischauser

I have video of it, but I wasn't going to bring that up.... :)

Jesse, I think it was him and Rob Romero on that run.

Big thanks to Kirk, Chad, Damon and all the RO's! Ozark 3-Gun Championship is a first class match! This was my first 3-Gun match and I feel everything else after will have a hard time measuring up. Everything including schedule, stages, location, prize table and staff were amazing.

I had the pleasure of shooting with some great people on squad 8. A great squad always helps keeping things moving along and fun, thanks guys :cheers:

Same here Josh!

I've never seen such dedication to resetting steel and such!

The next match I shoot will probably seem like child's play!

Started out good on the slug targets then I couldn't hit em to save my butt!

Those slug targets definitely kicked my butt and then there were the 5x5 plates some waayyy out there!

I would've like to seen more consistency in the way the ROs were scoring the plates and giving range commands but it seems I can't get away from it hurting me at least once every match.

It was a great experience though and I hope I can remember all that this match has taught.

Many thanks to those who made it happen and all the great sponsors who support what we do.

I'm happy to have won stage 6 in Open!

Nick

What an awesome, well balanced match! Rod and I had a great time..the RO's were great, the stages were challenging and fun, The BBQ was awesome, the camraderie was excellent as always!! Thank you to all involved in executing the match. Special thanks to the generous sponsors for their contributions. Squad 4 rocked :wub: what a bunch of tireless workers, I am asking to be squadded with all of you again :) 3 Gun Nation shootoff is always great to watch...AND..Mud stinks :wacko:

Thank you again ..Congrats to all the winners..You guys are an inspiration!

Cheryl :)

You are more than welcome Chris. I was glad to see you pick it up. Hopefully you will like it and it works well for you. If you ever have any questions or comments on it or any of our products be sure to get a hold of me. We are always open to suggestions.

Best Regards

Scott

A big thank you to Chad, Kirk, Damon, Sandra, all the match staff and RO's, and all the sponsors for a great match. It was our first time to Ozark 3-Gun and we had a great time. Our new 3-Gunner we brought along can't stop talking 3-Gun now. We will definitely be back next year and we'll bring along a few more guys.

This is the first 3-Gun match I've attended that ran smoothly ahead of time. All the stages were great and the professionalism of the RO's were outstanding. I wished things worked out better for Stage 9 as it was one of my better stages. The natural terrain setting and the design of the stages were awesome.

Special congratulations to Bryan Ray for taking 1st Place in Heavy Metal Division and for representing the Division well in the 3-Gun Nation Shoot-Off. I'm looking forward to our next meeting. :sight:

I am still curious about how well the 1x optic shooters faired against the iron sights shooters in Tactical Iron. I know 1st Place Kurt Miller and 2nd Place Jay Schmitt and some of the others are iron sights shooters, but I don't know who used 1x optics in the division.

Officer Jomar Villamor

Minneapolis Police Department

Shooting Team Coordinator

Big thanks to Team Adams Arms for putting on a great event. Also thanks to Kerrin (of the NRA) and Sandra (stats princess) for the great work.

Here is The NST video from the Ozark 3 Gun 2010, cannot wait until 2011!

Iron optics, here as well I placed 16th , but I can't shoot irons either ;) . Alot of how the "iron-optic" guys did(seemed at least to me)depended on the time the stage was shot. I had trouble on stage 1 & 6, on 1 I couldn't see the round flasher targets just the frame and flasher part. 0/4 & 2/2 on the mini's

On 6 I could only see the white bottom under the plates not the individual plates , got 3/6.

Got all the steel down the alley ,big one was easy, I could see the posts and the chains clearly on the others ,shot just under where the ended :surprise: ,I watched the shooters in front of me to determine the size,I could see it good as it swung.

I could only see the front steel on the car,got 3/4 never did figure exactally where the rear 1 was, I was running short on time so I moved on.

6-RV , was my favorite stage, then 5?-door breech,there were none I didn't like :DSomeMany I sucked at :blush:

BTW ,Anybody know what happened to the guys rifle/mag that "blew up" (for lack of better word) on stage 6??

Looked like it split just under picatinny rail from the front about 3" back and the mag was bulged pretty badly in 2 places,with ALOT of smoke comming out of the mag.

Seemed to me maybe a cartridge may have exploded in the mag, how is that possible?

To the Ozark / Adam Arms crew, RO's, Support Staff and Sponsors.

Thanks for putting on an awesome match. The location was great. I don't know how you killed all the bugs in the area but thanks.

The stage's were set up well and there was nothing tricky or hidden.

I love shooting steel, and enjoyed the MGM spinner on 7. I had been looking forward to one of those after seeing them on Iron Man videos. Stage 9 was my favorite. Can't beat long range steel.

Thanks for a great match. Well done.

Jay

Kirk, Chad, Damon, Adams Arms, Samson Mfg and 3 Gun Nation, a big Thank You for your hard work - you folks put on a great match. Every stage was well thought out and very challenging. The RO's were all terrific guys who were helpful and friendly. The 3GN addition brought great coverage to the event and to the area and was a blast to watch. See you next year!

+1 :cheers:

I really enjoyed the stages that I shot well. ;) The other stages were cool too.

For those of you that weren't there here is what it looked like.

2010 Ozark 3 Gun Champiosnhip

I apologize for the length of the video. :angry2:

great video Jesse, showed the guys at work. May have more shooters next year after seeing it.

Matt

Thanks! You guys definaeyl setup stages that required the RO's to do a lot of chasing. I like it!

This ROs feet are still recovering! :)

BTW ,Anybody know what happened to the guys rifle/mag that "blew up" (for lack of better word) on stage 6??

Looked like it split just under picatinny rail from the front about 3" back and the mag was bulged pretty badly in 2 places,with ALOT of smoke comming out of the mag.

Seemed to me maybe a cartridge may have exploded in the mag, how is that possible?

Could have been an over pressured round, the brass was still stuck in the chamber after it was all said and done. The top of the receiver just under the rail was split all the way back to the charging handle on one side and about an inch or so peeled up in the front, but looks like it was stopped by the scope ring. The bottom of the bolt carrier also split and peeled down about an inch. The magazine was bulged out where it comes out from the magwell and above the extension (Tripp Super 42) and a few of the top rounds in the magazine were damaged from the bolt carrier.