Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2010 Ozark 3 Gun Championships and 3 Gun Nation affiliation

BTW ,Anybody know what happened to the guys rifle/mag that "blew up" (for lack of better word) on stage 6??

Looked like it split just under picatinny rail from the front about 3" back and the mag was bulged pretty badly in 2 places,with ALOT of smoke comming out of the mag.

Seemed to me maybe a cartridge may have exploded in the mag, how is that possible?

Could have been an over pressured round, the brass was still stuck in the chamber after it was all said and done. The top of the receiver just under the rail was split all the way back to the charging handle on one side and about an inch or so peeled up in the front, but looks like it was stopped by the scope ring. The bottom of the bolt carrier also split and peeled down about an inch. The magazine was bulged out where it comes out from the magwell and above the extension (Tripp Super 42) and a few of the top rounds in the magazine were damaged from the bolt carrier.

it was a round in the mag that went. the round that was being fed into the chamber was creased pretty bad. Steve is still scratching his head trying to figger it out.

:cheers:

• Replies 589
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This sounds like it was a great match. The score sheet looks like there were about 180 shooters. I'll have to try to make it to this one next year. Maybe I'll give Heavy Optics a try just to do something different. I guess I better learn how to pump a shotgun.

Just a reminder that in HO you can shoot a pump or auto! I would like to switch divisions, just hadn't had much time to shoot that .308.

Finally got my internet up and working at the new house.

Here's Kyle O shooting Tac Irons with his Eotech.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rI6zFqlLI_I

Here's my match. Probably the worst shooting I've ever done at a 3 gun match, but I had a blast. Shotgun decided to start choking on me. Glasses fogging up. Mental mistakes, etc. I'll definitely be back next year.

And yes, we were the idiots in the gold colored Mercury Grand Marquis sliding around in the mud.

Finally got my internet up and working at the new house.

Here's Kyle O shooting Tac Irons with his Eotech.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rI6zFqlLI_I

Here's my match. Probably the worst shooting I've ever done at a 3 gun match, but I had a blast. Shotgun decided to start choking on me. Glasses fogging up. Mental mistakes, etc. I'll definitely be back next year.

And yes, we were the idiots in the gold colored Mercury Grand Marquis sliding around in the mud.

seeing your car out there was a pleasure

seeing your car out there was a pleasure

Rental car. That thing was a warrior. It only took around $10 at the car wash to get it clean.

you know, the difference between a rental and a 4x4 is that you can take a rental anywhere........

Any chance we are gonna get to see the raw times not just the match point %'s?

Yes, as soon as I get Ms Kitty's data base to play nice with my computer I will post them on my website and link here.

Zip the file, send it to me & I will send back Stages in pdf format in less than 20 minutes.

Linda Chico (L-2035)

Columbia SC

Edited by LChico

Any chance we are gonna get to see the raw times not just the match point %'s?

Yes, as soon as I get Ms Kitty's data base to play nice with my computer I will post them on my website and link here.

Zip the file, send it to me & I will send back Stages in pdf format in less than 20 minutes.

Linda Chico (L-2035)

Columbia SC

And by 20 minutes she means 15

could somebody describe to me how things were scored, please?

I thought...or rather HAD thought that all the outlaw 3 gun matches were time plus scoring, like IDPA, so it threw me for a loop when I saw Horner's name up top with like a gazillion points. then everyone below him had fewer or lesser points....totally opposite of IDPA.

Thanks!

could somebody describe to me how things were scored, please?

I thought...or rather HAD thought that all the outlaw 3 gun matches were time plus scoring, like IDPA, so it threw me for a loop when I saw Horner's name up top with like a gazillion points. then everyone below him had fewer or lesser points....totally opposite of IDPA.

Thanks!

Each stage was worth 100 points.

It is not cumulative time but best time per stage. Everyone is given a percentage of the total

points of the stage relative to how their time compares to the stage winner. If you used cumulative time like IDPA then smaller say pistol stage win would not have the same value as all gun stage where the variation between shooters could be larger than the total time of a small stage

This was one of the best matches of the year. The 4 M.O.A. targets were great and I never heard any complaints about size. The targets were painted between squads, and the presentation was outstanding. The stages were fun and challenging without being overly hard phsically. Stage design was supperb!The only area I saw that needed a little tweeking was stage admin as a couple of them backed up a bit, but the problems were addressed by the match staff quickly and things got to flowing better. he other was the plates for pistol had horizobntal basses that could and did send bullet frags back. I know that that problem has been addressed and wopn't be happening again. I would have to say that this one is outstanding and I won't miss it in the futur if at all possible. KurtM

This was one of the best matches of the year. The 4 M.O.A. targets were great and I never heard any complaints about size. The targets were painted between squads, and the presentation was outstanding. The stages were fun and challenging without being overly hard phsically. Stage design was supperb!The only area I saw that needed a little tweeking was stage admin as a couple of them backed up a bit, but the problems were addressed by the match staff quickly and things got to flowing better. he other was the plates for pistol had horizobntal basses that could and did send bullet frags back. I know that that problem has been addressed and wopn't be happening again. I would have to say that this one is outstanding and I won't miss it in the futur if at all possible. KurtM

Thanks for the compliments & feed back. I think the admin/back up issue is on me for putting a little too much action on stage 6 & 9. I know now what I would have done different to alieveate that (isnt hind sight great?).

Kurt, what can be done different w/ the 5x5 targets to keep them from shooting back?

Cheryl- good thing Michael can shoot a rifle better than a camera!!!! :)

I was about to PM the same thing Bryan. Ours are like everybody elses as far as I know & they were new. I'm thinking slope at abou 15 degrees is all a guy could do different. I think a couple things came into play, we let ppl get pretty close due to no fault lines & spectators were allowed close to the action too. I'd say in the end nobody would choose to change that as it was a matter of "free will" & I'm all about that.

Ruf

Kurt, what can be done different w/ the 5x5 targets to keep them from shooting back?

I was about to PM the same thing Bryan. Ours are like everybody elses as far as I know & they were new. I'm thinking slope at abou 15 degrees is all a guy could do different. I think a couple things came into play, we let ppl get pretty close due to no fault lines & spectators were allowed close to the action too. I'd say in the end nobody would choose to change that as it was a matter of "free will" & I'm all about that.

Ruf

weld a lip on the base that covers the horizontal base thus presenting another vertical plane for the bullets to impact and divert from. this also prevents them from turning sideways.

Ruf

weld a lip on the base that covers the horizontal base thus presenting another vertical plane for the bullets to impact and divert from. this also prevents them from turning sideways.

ROGER, good copy on that.

Ruf

I had a plate spin again this year. That's 4 in two years. I would love to see something welded somewhere to stop it from happening. This year I was smart enough to not shoot at it again thanks to my camera man Chris screaming at me to STOP.

I had a plate spin again this year. That's 4 in two years. I would love to see something welded somewhere to stop it from happening. This year I was smart enough to not shoot at it again thanks to my camera man Chris screaming at me to STOP.

Aim at the center instead of the edge.

:)

Did you get a reshoot for range equip malfunction? I didn't have any spinning plates. I either hit them hard enough to clear the base or missed completely!

Aim at the center instead of the edge.

:)

Did you get a reshoot for range equip malfunction? I didn't have any spinning plates. I either hit them hard enough to clear the base or missed completely!

+1 I had the same results at Bryan. If I hit them square, they went off the base. If I didn't, they didn't. But then, like Bryan, I was shooting He-manly ammo. ;)

Craig