Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Texas State Carbine Championship

• Replies 216
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great match guys, thanks! I thought the stage designers did a lot with some fairly small bays. It was more of a short range kinda match but that did not mean that it was not challenging. Thanks to all the ROs and staff.

And we had to shoot the rifle sideways on 2 stages! We did so once at Benning, 2X here and will be doing so at Larue. I sense a trend!

I will have video of myself, Jerry Miculek and Kurt Miller up in a couple of days on my blog.

I just got home to 20 degree weather and I'm missing CC already.

Thanks to all the match staff for putting on a great match. While this match doesnt have the prestige of some major multi gun events, it was money well spent for this northern boy to come down and get some warm weather trigger time. A trip to Texas is always a great experience (Except for the predictable precipitation I bring with me).

A big thanks to all the sponsors as well, especially LaRue. The gift certificate for an upper that I won is helping me stay warm :cheers:

My rifle ran 100% but my shooter "possumed up".

Thanks all of you guys that worked the match, it was a good one, and lots of fun. It was twice as big as two years ago and only took me about 1 1/2 hours longer to finish.

I have to say that the stage with the 4 movers that sequenced was something I have not seen before and it was very neat. It looked scary on paper but it had enough time even for an old guy with a Real Carbine to shoot it.

Looking forward to next year.

It really is a great thing for a small club to put on a match and have so many nice people (and Really Good shooters) honor us by coming here... Speaking for me - It was a very full day and just about all the fun I could stand without having a nap. biggrin.gif

We may consider going to a two day format and add a couple or three stages for next year. It might make for a slightly more relaxed pace and enable the out of town shooters to get headed home a little earlier.

Sure enjoyed seeing everyone. smile.gif

Thanks again staff and SOs for an excellent match and great hospitality-mucho kudos. PoPo was a pooped pup, didnt get back to capital city til midnight. We had a good time in spite of rifle possum on 1 stage and PoPo possum on another! Again, thanks :cheers:

I really had fun down there shooting with you guys. Thanks to all the RO's and match staff for putting it on. I know you guys had your hands full all weekend long. :cheers:

Thanks to Benny for the hospitality and advice, and I enjoyed meeting all of the great shooters in our squad.

like I said before, was an excellent match, great stage design, had lots of fun.

I would vote for a small step stool for a few of the ports that are just a bit too high for the people under 5'6". :ph34r:

I liked alot of the barricades and props used, gave us a few ideas for our own club as well. with the different courses of fire, it really helped me fine out some of my weak points and what to work on for future matches.. thanks again for a great match and a great time with everyone that when down to CC.

Great match in all respects. Really enjoyed the pre-match dinner that Mark Otto pulled together at the last minute after our original plans fell through. Excellent ROs who really understood we weren't shooting a pistol match (not always the case in some places)! Fantastic hospitality by the host club; great props, interesting stages, and first-class competition (Kelly N, Jerry M, Kurt M, Ty G, Daniel E, Sheldon B, Benny H, Trapr S, etc). Nice lunch - good food and plenty of it. Near perfect weather (after the morning drizzle) and a decent prize table (thanks to all our Sponsors)!! And some of the best people in the sport. A huge thanks to everyone who made the match happen.

If there was an award for "toughest SOB in the Match", it would go to James Gill who finished 9th Tactical even after running out of his prosthetic leg on his first stage of the day. As it was described to me, he had to reattach it to his injured and bleeding stump before continuing the match. He fought his way through severe pain (no stranger to my friend James) the rest of the match and still finished in the top 10% among some of the best shooters our sport has to offer. From an old Soldier to a young Marine - "Semper Fi" James, nothing but respect for you my Brother!! :cheers:

Doug

Glad everyone enjoyed the match. Our club did a lot of hard work to make sure we put on a good match. A big THANKS goes out to all the RO's. Also to the sponsors for donating items for the prize table. Everyone needs to make sure and drop a line to the sponsors and tell them thank you. Saw a lot of familar faces and meet a few new shooters.

TSC10.JPG

TSC11.JPG

TSC12.JPG

TSC13.JPG

TSC14.JPG

The match is in the books. We had a break with the weather. we had a flooded range just a few days before the match and today its low 40s with the wind chill in the low 30s, rain, fog, and a cold north wind. Possible snow late afternoon, ain't this global warming grand. Thanks for comeing. Again next year.----------Larry

Hello: Just got back about 5 hours ago from the drive back from Corpus. Bad snow around Roswell(must be the little green men) :roflol: Mike and the crew did a great job on the match considering the bad weather earlier in the week. I had fun with the Mech-Tech/Glock 9mm even on the long range flashers. It takes some time for the 9mm bullets to go that 122 yards with a 12" hold :surprise: I also got to meet some of the best shooters out there :cheers: I will be back next year to defend my win :devil: Thanks, Eric

Thanks to everyone that helped with this match. I had so much fun shooting and chatting with everyone. I'm ready to come back next year.

PS. Thanks to everyone that helped me put that rifle together the day before the match, and let me use mags.