Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Retirement

outerlimits

CONGRATULATIONS!! :cheers: You are about to start waking up every morning with a great big $hit eating grin on your face! If your like me every once in a while you'll wake up in the afternoon with that grin.

I used to tell folks that every day was Friday. Now I piss them off and tell them every day is Monday. :surprise:

Again Congrats,

Pat

Congratulations. I flipped that switch seven years ago Dec 3rd. Its a really good gig. It took me about 20 minutes to adjust. After 33 yrs I woke up one morning and it was over. No reason not to keep on, but not any reason too keep on either. There is a down side, no days off, no paid holidays, no sick leave and no vactions. In the morning I'm going to decide what to do tommorrow. Its tough, but I can handle it. So can you.---------------Larry

I started working when I was 15 married at 18,,,still married to same lady --we both retired 2 years ago and LIFE IS GOOD--I LOVE IT--SO WILL YOU CONGRATS :roflol:

break open a nice bottle of wine and sit back and enjoy.. :cheers:

Congratulations. I flipped that switch seven years ago Dec 3rd. Its a really good gig. It took me about 20 minutes to adjust. After 33 yrs I woke up one morning and it was over. No reason not to keep on, but not any reason too keep on either. There is a down side, no days off, no paid holidays, no sick leave and no vactions. In the morning I'm going to decide what to do tommorrow. Its tough, but I can handle it. So can you.---------------Larry

I'm a pretty good ways away from retirement, but I've been saying this is my goal for a while. When I wake up in the morning I want to decide what I do that day. Right now somebody else gets to choose for me. Congratulations to all on extended leave.

Way to go! Enjoy it. I retired from the Army in 2000. Young enough to start another career that has a great pension as well. I can't wait to make the same post you did about retiring for good.