Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Which mag couplers will work with PMAGS

The Firebird is the best on the market. Replaces the basepads and locks the body into the one piece base.

Yes sir! The Firebirds are solid. I have used them for training for duty and they have held up under all scenarios so far.

I have only used a CAA with Alum mags.

What Couplers work with the Magpul pmags

Metal Couplers

Plastic Couplers

Mag-Cinch

THX

Before you use the Magpuls in a match, I suggest you practice reloading / seating them in your rifle several times. I've had a couple P-Mags that didn't "seat" nearly as easily as a USGI aluminum mag - found this out during a match when the freshly inserted P-Mag dropped from the rifle. I've seen several others experience the same issue too - saw it happen to a couple guys at the TX Carbine Championship earlier this year.

The Firebird is the best on the market. Replaces the basepads and locks the body into the one piece base.

Yes sir! The Firebirds are solid. I have used them for training for duty and they have held up under all scenarios so far.

+ 1 Flat, stable base, no slipping.

I have a Mag-Cinch on 2 of my P-Mags and it works great. Very soild and not alot of money. :cheers:

Both the firebird and the arrendondo work well. Both work with the arrendondo mag well. If you are running a mag well many other couplers will not work since they fail to space the mags far enough apart.

I made my own coupler for my Pmags. I used two pieces of target stick wrapped in velcro, put adhesive velcro on the sides of the mags, stuck them together and wrapped the whole assembly with panzer tape. It is a ridgid setup, you can space them far enough for a magwell, and keep them at the same height for monopoding.It just ain't as pretty as some of the store bought stuff.

Hurley

Another vote for the Firebird. I have two- one set up with 2-30 rd mags and one with a 30 and a Nordic extended 48.

Sometimes the extra height helps since I have limited neck flexibility when prone. Plus the 30 doesn't interfere with

the port.

Craig

• 2 weeks later...

Agree 100% Firebird couplers are 100 times better than the other products out there. This is the only coupler system I have seen that works well where the mags don't slip. You also get a nice wide base to use as a mono pod.

I trust them enough to use them on my work gun. I also talked the chief into ordering them for all the department guns.

ColtLeftside.jpg

They also work well for play.

sideview.jpg

30203030.jpg

483020.jpg

I like the 20 30 coupler as well because it allows you to shoot through the low ports with a good mono pod and you can swap to the 30 for higher ports off the ground.

Pat

Edited by Alaskapopo

Will the firebird work with USGI mags?

No, it's specifically made to fit the PMAGS as it's machined to tight tolerances for a snug fit. Essentially it's like two metal basepads for a PMAG that are connected....very cool and extremely well made! I need to get one or two more now that I think about it.

If/when the P-Mag coupler starts selling in larger numbers, the design for the GI style mags is already done and will be introduced at that time, of if we get enough requests to make a small run of them.

Edited by Loves2Shoot

If/when the P-Mag coupler starts selling in larger numbers, the design for the GI style mags is already done and will be introduced at that time, of if we get enough requests to make a small run of them.

I'd buy the Firebird GI version today if available. I don't like the couplers I am currently using for GI mags.

Craig

The only thing about the Firebird coupler that could use a little improvement is that I need a little more height when resting on the magazines. I like using 2 coupled Pmags with ranger floorplates. That raises it up about an inch or so. I see that Arredondo has a new base pad for Pmags that add 2 or 3 inches in height, which might be a good thing for coupled mags. Maybe gluing a couple of those on the bottom of the Firebird would be the ticket.

I'd buy the Firebird GI version today if available. I don't like the couplers I am currently using for GI mags.

Craig

What Craig said.... :cheers:

I am currently using the Arrendondo coupler on my Pmags and it works great. Yes it is a little hard to fit but not a problem. This said, if I was looking for another coupler I would get the Firebird. I don't think you could go wrong with either of these.