Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Revo Nats

cliffwalsh

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well not that CLIFF has won a NATIONAL match--- does this mean HE,has to start acting with---- RESPECT-----and forget the thong,,just think aloud

any way CONGRATS great win :cheers:

No way! If he's not sponsored then he can do anything he wants!

Well not that CLIFF has won a NATIONAL match--- does this mean HE,has to start acting with---- RESPECT-----and forget the thong,,just think aloud

the sponsor's should be on the way// PEOPLE always remember who wins

Huh, I thought he was sponsored by Victorias Secret? :sick:...........................:roflol:

Well, it's interesting to be on the other side of the "offended" fence. As I'm sure most of you know, that was purely meant in good humour. I apologize to the offended as it wasn't my intention.

Offended? How do you offend a revolver shooter? We are so used to abuse that nothing offends us. Only those wimps in the bottem-feeder divisions might be offended. :lol:

Wow CW.

I haven't even met you, but I am definitely in awe. How many national champions of anything have such a good sense of humor, and the drive to win at such a level. That is not a real common combination I would argue. I one day hope to meet you in person. You are a great representative of our sport. Congratulations!

Everytime I see you post now, and see the tag line, I just giggle. :roflol: I think me wife thinks I'm a little crazy.

:cheers::cheers: To Mr. Walsh, here here!

JZ

Less we forget the Super Sandbagger Matt Griffin. Way to go Houngan.

I've got fifth locked up, apparently. Very frustrating shooting better and better each stage, by the last day I was feeling like I could do no wrong, but the grave had already been dug.

As for Cliff, let's keep one big thing in mind:

I have the luxury of shooting on a normal squad, Cliff went into his last stage knowing full well that he had to burn it down for the win. I finished a bit early and watched him throw down a great run against a hard-ass star with everything on the line; he earned the big shiny glass this year. And I thought his speech was spot-on, I couldn't think of how he could acknowledge what he did, Jerry, and the game all at once, but he did. Kudos.

Granted, I'm going to treat him like a diaper at Ohio, but he gets two weeks of glory.

H.

Cliff went into his last stage knowing full well that he had to burn it down for the win.

That's actually not true. Cliff did not know where he stood--there was plenty of misinformation and misconception being spread (all unintentional, I'm sure) regarding the standings by that time. Cliff ignored all that, and was smart enough not to try to burn anything down. He simply shot his game the same way he did throughout the entire three days of the match. His run was solid, but not any kind of burner.

At the beginning of day three, there were six of us within 60 match points of each other, and 645 points left to go. Literally any of us could have pulled it off. I was at the bottom end of that group, due to penalties I had suffered during my first few stages when I was still transitioning back to the revolver after shooting the production nats. So I knew I had to burn down some stages, and I went for it. I did well on Stage 2, putting myself nicely ahead of the others on the super squad....and then I crashed and burned from that point on. As Cliff acknowledged later on, I wasn't trying to preserve a spot at the prize table, on day three I was still trying to keep myself in contention to win the match. Oh well, there's always next year, right?

Nice to see there are so many good wheelgunners out there. It's going to be very interesting from this point forward.