Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

I shoot 3 gun because....

Because I can't find any 5 gun matches.

The Ironman is a 6 gun match...........Wait if you count the surprise stage this year it was a 8 gun match.

You can bring 4 and they supply the rest.

Just be careful with weapons system you are not familar with. ;)

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

+35 to every post above.

I've got nothing original.

Wait a second........I like it because it makes me feel like a kid again and I want to get my kids and other children in the shooting sports and I think this is a great venue to support and exercise our second amendment.

Three gun IS the most FUN...no way around it :cheers:

I may be strange...I dont really shoot to win :wacko:

I shoot for the plain enjoyment of the match

But the real key that keeps me shooting any venue....ITS the PEOPLE!!! :cheers:

I have made many friends ...REAL Friends!...People that i Love to be around.

Where else can one the best of both

Jim

I shoot it for the Iron sight prize tables. :roflol:

Now that is funny!

I shoot 3 gun because I think it requires the largest skill set of any shooting sport. Sporting clays, long range pistol or rifle, goofy field positions, slugs, fast paced hoser skills, shotgun loading, gun handling, decision making on your feet, stage strategy, etc etc etc. are all thoroughly tested.

Plus if you are lucky you can catch a glimpse of Kurt's brother.

because shooting pistol for 25 years got boring. besides, where else can you spend exorbitant amounts of money, for things you don't use often, traveling long miles and spending many days shooting for a couple minutes trigger time, humping enormous amounts of gear and ammo, then complain for the next few months only to do the same thing over and over. gotta love it!

Edited by outerlimits

Three gun IS the most FUN...no way around it :cheers:

I may be strange...I dont really shoot to win :wacko:

I shoot for the plain enjoyment of the match

But the real key that keeps me shooting any venue....ITS the PEOPLE!!! :cheers:

I have made many friends ...REAL Friends!...People that i Love to be around.

Where else can one the best of both

Jim

Amen, Brother Jim!

For me it's because it "Dont taste like chicken". If it tasted like chicken it would be a pistol only match.

And the people are great, and i will forever cherish the friendships I have made, but thats not why I shoot 3-gun.

If there are any of you that hunt maybee you will relate to this, Its for me the thrill of the hunt, so to speak. Each stage is like a trophy hunt that by the end has the senses tingling and adrenaline rushing. When I finish some of the best stages, my hands start shaking. Its addictive. I am glad its legal.

I shoot 3 Gun because of the following:

1) diversity of challenges that we are faced with, and the fact it is rarely the same. You have to be good at a lot of different things to be good at 3 Gun.

2) The continual challenge has forced me to improve my skills over the years in ways that I would not have by merely taking classes or practicing on my own.

3) It has exposed me to new shooting concepts and ideas that I would not have otherwise encountered.

4) Product testing and evaluation. More industry people need to be involved in the action shooting sports; then maybe there wouldn't be so much junk on the market.

5) Objective testing of shooter skill and equipment on the clock sorts out a lot of the hypothetical debate BS we commonly find in the firearms community.

I shoot 3 Gun because of the following:

1) diversity of challenges that we are faced with, and the fact it is rarely the same. You have to be good at a lot of different things to be good at 3 Gun.

2) The continual challenge has forced me to improve my skills over the years in ways that I would not have by merely taking classes or practicing on my own.

3) It has exposed me to new shooting concepts and ideas that I would not have otherwise encountered.

4) Product testing and evaluation. More industry people need to be involved in the action shooting sports; then maybe there wouldn't be so much junk on the market.

5) Objective testing of shooter skill and equipment on the clock sorts out a lot of the hypothetical debate BS we commonly find in the firearms community.

Wow.... Nice! :cheers:

Because I can't find any 5 gun matches.

The Ironman is a 6 gun match...........Wait if you count the surprise stage this year it was a 8 gun match.

You can bring 4 and they supply the rest.

Just be careful with weapons system you are not familar with. ;)

All right Kurtz. I'm in. I'll have to make the 2010 Iron man.

Shouldn't the "Iron Man" be shot with iron sights?