Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Do You Name Your Guns?

jmaass

I started naming my handguns when I received my first custom-built gun. I would note the name when recording chrono data for new loads, and when keeping maintenance records. I kept up the habit until I went inactive several years ago, but at one time or another had the following:

• "Bullwinkle" Clark Heavy Recoil-Master .45ACP, with big "nostril-like" compensator.
  • "Rocky" Old Russ Carniak built switch-top .45ACP, with compensated and non-compensated barrels.
  • "Dudley Do-Rite" First Matt McLearn built 9x21 Open Caspian. (Don't tell Matt!)
  • "Sweet Nell" Second Matt McLearn built 9x21 Open Caspian.
  • "Boris" Para P16 Limited .40 S&W gun, lightly customized by Shawn Herman.
  • "Natasha" S&W 625 .45ACP Bowling Pin Gun, tricked-out by Cylinder & Slide Shop.

Of these, only Dudley and Nell remain in my posession. I wish I still had Boris and Natasha, which were great guns.

I may start to re-cycle names for my new .40 EMP ("Bullwinkle II") and 9mm EMP ("Rocky II") carry guns.

Will anyone else admit that they have assigned pet names to their guns?

I've called some of my guns names, but I do not name them.... :surprise:

:roflol: I have had the pleasure of owning a few guns that I lovingly named "piece of ****", "hunk of ####", "f****ng piece of ****", etc. :roflol:

Edited by SIG shooter

My current competition guns don't have names.

During my first 2 years in the game, I shot a bare bones, mil-spec 1911 .45, 18 or 20# recoil spring, that was assembled by an ex-Army gunsmith (who happened to be a foot taller and 100# heavier than me). One of those "if you can shoot this, you can shoot anything" ideas (pain is weakness leaving the body, insert Tim Taylor grunt).

"Bertha" has since gone back to her original maker. The current un-named Caspian is a mouse gun by comparison.

Being born without an imagination, my guns are named and treated as prisoners. Name: LB14165 Treatment: Play nice with the other kids, and ALWAYS run for the Boss, or it's weeks, months, or years in the Hole (my safe).

I've called some of my guns names, but I do not name them.... :surprise:

That is some funny stuff there BOZ you are usually a perfect gentleman to your pistolas! :rolleyes:

You don't see the ones I call names... :roflol: