Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2009 Rio Salado Desert Classic / Area 2

I hope that the pictured stages match the real thing to some extent. I remember last years stage descriptions not looking anything like they did in person. I have some hope though as the stage description pictures this year look more refined to start off with. We will see when we get there. Either way, they will get shot with a smile :cheers:

One of the worst things I ever did, for a while, was care too much about a stage design until I looked at the stage on the range. I learned to use match booklets for things like odd start positions to practice.

be

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I hope that the pictured stages match the real thing to some extent. I remember last years stage descriptions not looking anything like they did in person. I have some hope though as the stage description pictures this year look more refined to start off with. We will see when we get there. Either way, they will get shot with a smile :cheers:

One of the worst things I ever did, for a while, was care too much about a stage design until I looked at the stage on the range. I learned to use match booklets for things like odd start positions to practice.

be

Oh I have learned that lesson the hard way before. Last years paper stage descriptions were really bad. I remember one stage that when you held the paper decription up to the real COF you couldnt even tell that they were the same stage.

I'm with BE on this one. I don't put any faith in the published stage diagrams. They're only useful for finding odd start positions, whether there's a Texas Star, seating vs. standing, WHO/SHO requirements, etc.

I wish I could make this one, It looks like a lot of fun.

Seiichi,

For some odd reason we always choose to hold Area 2 on the same weekend that Nascar is in Phoenix. The extra 75,000 people who come into town tend to swallow up all of the rental cars and a fair amount of the hotel rooms. They are on the other side of town though!

Seiichi,

For some odd reason we always choose to hold Area 2 on the same weekend that Nascar is in Phoenix. The extra 75,000 people who come into town tend to swallow up all of the rental cars and a fair amount of the hotel rooms. They are on the other side of town though!

Barb once told me that the second weekend in November is statistically the best weather of the fall. I guess the secret is out :rolleyes:

169 shooters at Tuesday Night Steel!

Tuesday Night Steel Overall Results Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Name (Shooter#) Class Division Stg 1 Stg 2 Stg 3 Stg 4 Total

1 Higdon, Glenn (126) GM Open 10.53 6.21 10.25 8.03 35.02

2 Jonasson, Nils (52) GM Limited 10.08 5.51 11.22 8.53 35.34

3 Leatham, Rob (16) GM Limited 9.55 5.27 13.82 8.64 37.28

4 Williamson, Brian (88) GM Open 10.74 5.79 11.38 10.54 38.45

5 Garcia, Eddie (159) GM Open 11.36 5.73 13.22 8.15 38.46

I'm thinking that Higdon has been practicing...

169 shooters at Tuesday Night Steel!

Tuesday Night Steel Overall Results Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Name (Shooter#) Class Division Stg 1 Stg 2 Stg 3 Stg 4 Total

1 Higdon, Glenn (126) GM Open 10.53 6.21 10.25 8.03 35.02

2 Jonasson, Nils (52) GM Limited 10.08 5.51 11.22 8.53 35.34

3 Leatham, Rob (16) GM Limited 9.55 5.27 13.82 8.64 37.28

4 Williamson, Brian (88) GM Open 10.74 5.79 11.38 10.54 38.45

5 Garcia, Eddie (159) GM Open 11.36 5.73 13.22 8.15 38.46

I'm thinking that Higdon has been practicing...

Glen is lean and mean these days but watch out for my homey Eddie Garcia!

I shot the RO match today. It is of the usual high standard, with lots of fun stages, and not too much thinking required... pretty much "shoot them as you see them". Most targets are full-size IPSC, with the longest shot being probably inside 25yds. Its the kind of match that begs to be hosed, then spanks you for pushing it just a tad too fast :roflol: .

Well, the weather here has be atrocious. It, it, it was...... cloudy today! :surprise: :surprise: I haven't shot in anything except bright sun since I moved here 2 years ago!.

This has really been a fun match. The stages I have shot have been pretty straightforward high round count other than one speed shoot on Stage 11. A couple of my buddies have had gun issues. One with a terminal jam and my friend from Germany who started the match shooting limited but had a mag that didn't fit the box at the chrono so is now enjoying his first time shooting Open at A2.

Not sure how the big dogs are doing at this point as I haven't checked the scoresheet. Part of my plan to just shoot my own match one bullet at a time.

Edited by Neomet