Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

what is it with women?

can't figure it out, but there is this certain word that makes women go ballistic. you know the word. i've asked my wife why, and still have no clue, other than not to ask again. i even tried to figure out an equitable word that offends men, but i couldn't come up with one.

I would guess the closest for a man would be advising him that he had genitalia that appear to belong on a flea. Still the C-bomb has, for whatever reason, been officially designated as the thermonuclear 1,000,000 kiloton deathray of all words. In some states I believe it is valid defense for assault and battery charges. :rolleyes:

Ah, yes. The "C" word. Learned that one about 20 years ago when a petite little woman I knew decked a guy for using it.

This may also be an age related word as I don't believe it has the same effect on Gen X women. All I know is that I'm never going to ask!

Joe Rogan has a skit around Magic words. There are three magic words left in existence in the English language. This is one of them. The other two are love... and the n-word. And if you think about it - the reactions those words can provoke - he's not wrong :surprise:

Keep in mind that this very same word isn't considered all that offensive by anybody in the UK (at least in my few trips there) :blink:

In polite circles we just say "See you next Tuesday"

SYNT doesn't have the same ring to it somehow... ;)

I would have to agree with Gentleman Jim. I was and I am sure many of my fellow BE'rs were raised to be gentlemen.

Yes, I use coarse language, far too often and I have to watch myself. Comes from years of being around construction and th like. Also today we seem to have lost some of the inhibitions we once possessed. What would have and did wind Lenny Bruce in jail is not on TV at 8pm and earlier.

I find it amusing when I slip and a female shooter is present. I apologize and they tell me no prob, I hear worse all the time. My reaction is Yes, but it shouldn't be from me, Mom and Pop Norman did a better job and Pop would have tanned my hide had he heard me cut loose like that around a lady.

I still chuckle about the story; lady walks up to door, fellow opens it, she dresses him down, 'You don't have to open the door for me because I' a lady, I can do it myself', to which he replies, 'I didn't open it because you're a lady, I did because I'm a gentleman.'

Jim