Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Guns you'd like to have...

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

my list would include nothing too exotic

just a M-1 thompson subgun, a devel converted smith & wesson model 39 and an original 44 automag.

alway wanted a thompson after watch Combat as a kid, and reading Sgt. Rock comic books.

and my desire for the devel and the automag came from reading gun mags in the early 80's

I would like to have a small NFA collection

Colt Monitor (BAR civilian version) and a 1918A2

Thompson 1928A1 and an M1A1

M3 Guide Lamp

MP5 10mm

more realistic

Browning B-2000 20 gauge

Browning B-2000 12 gauge trap

Browning Superposed 20 gauge

a 6XC upper for my LR-308 systems

a CZ 75 clone in 10mm with a six inch barrel and slide, good iron sights

What I am waiting for:

Two 1911s in 10 mm,

one on a stainless Caspian frame and

one on an Essex frame,

one is 6" and the other 5",

both are stainless and carbon steel.

I can not remember which is SS slide on carbon steel and which is carbon steel slide on SS frame.

It has been several months since I got the parts and my gunsmith was swamped with deer season work since I can back from Camp Perry in August.

Limiting it just to guns that aren't made or imported/available in the U.S.:

1. A CZ-75TS with a squared trigger guard (like a Springfield P9 World Cup), decent 30lpi checkering instead of the current crap, and a better extended beavertail (like that on a EAA Witness Gold Team).

2. A CZ-75 SP-01 Phantom with the same shape frame (squared trigger guard, extended beavertail) in steel, with ambi thumb safety.

3. EAA Witness Hunter in .40s&w (with the old style extended ambi safety) . . . but from an importer who offers better customer service than EAA ever has in the past 15 years.

4. A small frame EAA Witness Gold Team in 9x19 . . . with the same qualifications listed above.

5. A 1911 like STI USPSA Single-stack but with normal serrations front and rear, a fully supported chamber, blued, and in 9x19 and for under $1,000. While everyone seems to have a semi-tricked out 1911 for under $1000, they're all in .45acp only. It's really hard (impossible?) to find a single stack from the factory with 30lpi checkering, a Brown style beavertail, fully supported chamber, and decent sights for under $1,000.

6. A Para-Ordnance widebody with a long wide dustcover like the STI Edge, cut for a Brown style beavertail, along with the frame inserts that someone (Guncraft?) used to make.

7. A cheaper Bianchi Cup Shroud. Either the one EAA used to sell for $69 or one for a 1911 for no more than double that price.

8. A 5" single-stack 1911 with an alloy frame, fully supported chamber, 30lpi checkering, Brown style beavertail, Bomar-style adjustable rear sight, fiber optic front, in 9x19 for under $1,000. (Kimber Custom Aegis II is close, but no cigar).

9. HK 416 with a 16" barrel available to civilians for under $1200.

Edited by ciscoip

• 1 month later...

Thought I might bring this one back, very interesting question.

1892 Winchester in 44-40 (to hang on the fire place

Sv open gun in either 38 super, or 9mm major

AR-15 in 204 Ruger with a 24" stainless barrel

Ar- in 308, something like a JP or something semi custom

Benelli lightweight 20 gauge either a m2, or montefeltro

Mini 14 , not sure why, just always liked the look.

338 lapua, maybe a accuracy international, or equivelent

one of those pocket 380's like a kel tech, or Ruger

a C&R full auto subgun, like a thompson, or a s&w 76

CZ stock II in 9mm, why cant we have these in this country?

(1) AMT Automag in .44AMP. I have a soft spot for LARGE autopistols with decent ergonomics and this one is king. These do pop up for sale locally every now and then but usually for 2K+. Just cant justify the cost.

(2) S&W 945 custom. Just cause they look so cool and I cant order in this state. :)

(3) Remington XP100 in .22-250.

AIAW with 20" barrel in 260 rem. or 6.5 creedmore with an S&B on top

Benelli set up for 3 gun by Benny

Suppressed M-4 (Surefire suppressor)

Working on all three. The AIAW will take the longest to get. I'm not much for stuff I can't (shouldn't?) shoot, historical, etc.

Wishlist? hmmm

Shiloh Sharps 45-70

HK MP-5 SD3

S&W M&P15-22 (when they come out)

a pair of 1st gen Colt SAA with consecutive serial numbers

Thompson sub machine gun

BAR

M-60.... cause we're wishing right? ;)

Edited by MtBob

Wishlist? hmmm

Shiloh Sharps 45-70

HK MP-5 SD3

S&W MP-15 .22

a pair of 1st gen Colt SAA with consecutive serial numbers

Thompson sub machine gun

BAR

M-60.... cause we're wishing right? ;)

Nice choices....I get to shoot our Thompsons pretty regularly, so I should have added one of those to my list since they're a blast. I've got the MP-5/10 (10mm) in the trunk so I didn't think of those either, but they'd be a nice addition as well.

For some strange reason I've started wanting a Sharps in 45-70 too....why, I have no idea! Maybe because the first really powerful rifle I ever shot was a 45-70. R,

Ruger Blackhawk 44 mag

Ruger single six 22

Ruger 22 Auto stainless bull bbl

Ruger 22 Auto standard

Colt Python 6"

S&W 686 6"

Colt AR-15

SA GI 45 ACP

Beretta 92 SB

Beretta 92F

Beretta 682 Trap Combo

S&W model 1000(first year produced)

Remington 11-87 Skeet grade

Winchester model 12 from 1959(my dads gun)

H&R Huntsman .45 muzzle loader

Remington 870 20 guage(my first gun)

Remington 870 12 guage

Walther pp 32

S&W M&P9c

Why these guns? These are all the guns I have owned and sold. I should post this under what I hate!

I’d like to have the semi 30-06 my grandfather had. I’m guessing it was a 742 or 7400 Remington. He had the barrel cut short, probably 18”. I was young when he had it and wasn’t into guns so I’m a little sketchy on the details. It doesn’t matter what it was though, he was pretty proud of it. My uncle had it for a while but it has since disappeared. I’d pay well in excess of what it’s worth to get it.

Gotta say that I've always wanted an MP-5/10. That would be very cool. But since this is a wishlist, I'd take anything belt fed. How about something that starts with the letters GAU (gun automatic unit). GAU/2C, think Dillon, GAU/8, think A-10 "Warthog". Plus a never ending ammo supply!

Johnson M1941 - just to collect

A custom Open Gun- maker to be determined

A custom Limited Gun

JP CTR-02

Saiga 12

Thompson Sub

Thump Gun

BAR

M1A1

MP5

Steyr AUG

Custom Commander length 1911 in .45 to carry concealed

...That should do for now. I'll add more later.

-Chris

Edited by Erucolindon

M1C and M1D Sniper Rifles, the real thing, not made ups

Agree 100% on the old classics - especially accurate ones. I'd like to someday own a Brit L-42 sniper bolt gun in 7.62 NATO. I understand the Brits recycled their old WWII Lee Enfields by rebarreling them to 7.62 and kept them in service right up to the Falklands. The action and scope though, were all pre-WWII.

I think SARCO sold them all off in the US for $400 a pop in the 1980s. :surprise:

There is even an old war story about a Brit soldier using an L-42 in 1982 to disable an Argentine jet aircraft that was on the ground and preparing to take off.