Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Interesting Blurb about Max Michel

Tokarev

I do know Ernest Langdon works for S&W now though.

Not any more.....

I see u filled in the blanks on the first page. They lost a good guy in Ernie. Thanks for he info.

Edited by Zerwas

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Travis should stay in the AMU for a while. With a National and International Championships he should get his meritorious promotion. A few other AMU members are probably leaving soon.

There are sponsored shooters using their sponsor's slide with another company's lower-in Limited.

Les Baer is using Caspians for his high cap guns.

Bar-Sto uses STI.

The X-5 series guns have been out for several years now. They retailed for over $2400 new when they debuted (though Gunbroker price was usually much lower). Single action-only X-5 guns had AMAZING triggers - as good as any STI. They even came with a factory dual spring set up - sort of like a STI Recoil Master - and a mag well.

IIRC, magazine capacity for Limited was an issue and no one made 140mm base pads at first. Dunno about current status.

Sig 1911 GSR is as good as any other 1911 SS IMHO (though lets not go there).

I am sure Max could win with one of the Sig production guns - his skills are certainly up to the task and I doubt the gun would hold him back.

Only drawback I see for Max is: no Sig product for revolver division?

Man, if they could make the x-5 have a useful capacity I'd be all over it. I think the x5 in .40 only holds 14 rounds?

Not going to happen unless Sig Sauer does a complete redesign on the frame and magazine. If you compare an S_I magazine to a P226 magazine, the S_I magazine is a bit wider. This allows the bullets to truly be double stack, while the bullets in a P226 magazine are only slightly overlapping by comparison.

If they have to they will make a gun for him though. Springfield redesigned the XD because they didn't truly double stack in .40, and among other things. Now the M holds what 16 .40 and 19 9mm? I would say if Max is shooting for SIG, SIG has a plan to get him some good equipment.