Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Interesting Blurb about Max Michel

Tokarev

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The article mentions that Max will be the captain of the Sig Sauer team. I wonder who else is going to be on the team?

I don't know anything.... :ph34r:

Why post something that further fuels the internet rumor mill? :rolleyes:

You have to feed the internet monster!!! :goof:

All I can say is that Allgator, Me, and IronEqualizer (Alan) had the good fortune to watch Max film the footage used at the Shot Show for the announcement that he was going to Sig.

The man was amazing with a production gun that he had not touched before that morning.

He told Alan that he would love stay here, 10 minutes from our range, and access to Ft. Benning, but his wife want to go back to Louisiana where their familieslive.

MarkK

Hopefully Michels Open SIG will be better than the one which belonged to a shooter here in Norway. ;)

He worked for Sauers distributor in Norway and got a Open SIG which he intended to use, but the thing never worked properly.

it spent most of its time traveling back and forth to SIG.... After a while he gave up and went back to his old STI.

Hopefully Michels Open SIG will be better than the one which belonged to a shooter here in Norway. ;)

He worked for Sauers distributor in Norway and got a Open SIG which he intended to use, but the thing never worked properly.

it spent most of its time traveling back and forth to SIG.... After a while he gave up and went back to his old STI.

That is what my experiance was when I tried the X5 for USPSA competition. If the same thing happens to max he may not be with them for long.

That is what my experiance was when I tried the X5 for USPSA competition. If the same thing happens to max he may not be with them for long.

Can either of you give specifics as to the problems you/other shooter were having, type of ammo used, factory gun or tweaked, etc? Would like to know. My All Around was fussy at first, especially with 115 gr WW Box. After a steady diet of stout 124 gr reloads for the breakin period, it has run 100% with any load I run in it. I know no gun brand is 100% perfect out of the box but would like to know the

details of the observed problems with the X5.

Thanks

Craig

Mine was a box stock X5 L1 in 9mm. Failure to extract problems that started pretty early on with any ammo. Not every magazine full, but it would happen every couple of hundred rounds, and of course right in the middle of a stage. Still did it after 2,000 rounds, and was happening more frequently. It went back to SIG several times and it happened to them also. They refused to replace it and they never fixed it. Each time they would throw parts at it, send it back and a couple hundred rounds later----AAAArrrrgggg. I am pretty sure I know what the defect is, but SIG did not want to listen, who am I after all. So ended my ownership of SiG's...Maybee Max can square them away.

Mine was a box stock X5 L1 in 9mm. Failure to extract problems that started pretty early on with any ammo. Not every magazine full, but it would happen every couple of hundred rounds, and of course right in the middle of a stage. Still did it after 2,000 rounds, and was happening more frequently. It went back to SIG several times and it happened to them also. They refused to replace it and they never fixed it. Each time they would throw parts at it, send it back and a couple hundred rounds later----AAAArrrrgggg. I am pretty sure I know what the defect is, but SIG did not want to listen, who am I after all. So ended my ownership of SiG's...Maybee Max can square them away.

I can understand some problems when new. These guns are very tight. When I had problems, SIG said run hot ammo and a lot of lube. After 5-600 rounds, the problems went away and haven't returned. But to still be acting up after factory service and 2K rounds ...........something is way wrong. Shame on SIG for not making it right or at least changing out to a new gun.

I have had SIGs since 1989 and carried a P226 9mm and a P220 45 on duty. The very first SIG I had in '89 I bought used and it was shot a lot. It had the scalloped frame rails of the very early guns.

I noticed cracks on the inside of the frame behind the rails when cleaning it. The gun ran fine and was extremely accurate but I called SIG. They said send it in. I did and about 3 weeks later had a brand new SIG sent to me.

Other than that, The only issues I had with either was eventual spring failure on the 226. I guess you are supposed to change out springs before 20K rounds. My bad.

Out of curiosity, what do you thing the defect was?

On the Norway gun, it wouldn't surprise me if they are going to find the Open guns need the slides lightened to work right. Those slides are very heavy and when the gun is comped, there may not be enough power to function properly with Major 9.

Craig

Out of curiosity, what do you thing the defect was?

Craig

My appologies if this is a thread drift at all, I certainly wish max the best shooting for SIG, and am sure they will give him the best support.

It was obvious to me just looking at the extractor relationship to the cartridge. I believe the extractor sits a few thousandths too low in the slide. Only a small corner of it was making contact while in battery (you could see the brass colored area quite clearly after a few rounds). It allowed the rim to slip off the hook before the slide moved back far enough to cam the shell better into the extractor as the barrel drops out of battery.

I compared it to other 9mm auto's I had as well as dozens at our local range and dealer. All makes and models i could find. This guns extractor was noticebly and significantly lower than any of the others. This fell on def ears though.

It was a real dissapointment as I absolutely loved that gun. It fit me so well and was soooo acurate.

Rodney was and then they had a change in direction. He shot for them about 6 or 7 months and they got new leadership who didn't think a shooting team was necessary. I'm sure Rodney will seek out Max. As I know he still shoots his X5 and other Sigs. And yes.....he is an awesome shooter and a great person with an awesome attitude to boot.