Tokarev

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

According to Max @ SHOT:

X5 L1 40 cal for L10 and LTD

X5 All Around 9mm for Production

X5 9mm (loaded major) for Open- naturally comped, red dot, extended mag etc. (One was on display at SHOT)

Craig

Can you even find the X5 All Around anymore? I haven't seen those in a while, just curious.

According to Max @ SHOT:

X5 L1 40 cal for L10 and LTD

X5 All Around 9mm for Production

X5 9mm (loaded major) for Open- naturally comped, red dot, extended mag etc. (One was on display at SHOT)

Craig

Can you even find the X5 All Around anymore? I haven't seen those in a while, just curious.

Word from SIG is they were always available. SIG just didn't keep them in the catalog. Sounds goofy to me

but they are in listed in the latest brochure and were at SHOT. Makes me glad I got one before they

didn't really get discontinued :wacko:

Seriously, I love mine and it is extremely soft with my 147 gr reloads. Accurate too. I need to send it to Bruce Gray

for his short reset trigger and action job though. Well, I don't need to do anything to it, but I want to.

Craig

According to the folks at Sig this year the All Around is available again. Makes sense with Max shooting one. The one I tried at the show was OK as far as the DA. There were several other guns with very nice DA's though so this one may have been a bit of a fluke. The SA was awesome though. Short crisp and no reset. I think once that DA gets shot a bit it would probably smooth up a bit, or just switching the mainspring (does Sig have a mainspring?)

According to the folks at Sig this year the All Around is available again. Makes sense with Max shooting one. The one I tried at the show was OK as far as the DA. There were several other guns with very nice DA's though so this one may have been a bit of a fluke. The SA was awesome though. Short crisp and no reset. I think once that DA gets shot a bit it would probably smooth up a bit, or just switching the mainspring (does Sig have a mainspring?)

Mine was typical 226 type DA pull but the SA was better. I did change out the hammer spring to a lighter one and it dropped DA down probably 2-3 lbs less. SA

was also better after the change. I could run mine just fine as is but who ever really does that anymore? It has also improved just from shooting and

wearing in.

Craig

IF you want to try a GREAT SIG DA/SA trigger you need to try Rodney Mays' triggers on his SIGs'. Oh and he made GM in production with his SIGs (and made top 10 the last 2 years at USPSA nationals with a SIG). ;)

Hoaplong

• 4 weeks later...
There ain't no Open SIGs, either. ;)

Wrongo.... http://www.sigsauer.com/Products/ShowCatal...p;productid=221

In fact, Max told me Sig was pushing to keep him in Open division.... Not sure what that means in an immediate sense (ie, if they're going to do some sort of product development program, or what)... And not sure what that implies for this year's Nationals, either, but.... Apparently, Sig is serious about entering the Open market place.

I bet he junks the 25 round mags.

I don't see 25 rd mags being a problem for someone with the ability of Max. I would bet

he at least starts with an X5 similar to the picture with maybe some comp work

and trigger tuning to get it the way he wants it.

If after a season he feels he wasn't competitive with that setup, then there may be

some changes in the foundation of the gun he uses. It also gives him time to give

SIG feedback if they are serious about going after the competition.

He told me the weight of the X5 (or any pistol) has never been an issue for him.

Craig

There ain't no Open SIGs, either. ;)

Wrongo.... http://www.sigsauer.com/Products/ShowCatal...p;productid=221

In fact, Max told me Sig was pushing to keep him in Open division.... Not sure what that means in an immediate sense (ie, if they're going to do some sort of product development program, or what)... And not sure what that implies for this year's Nationals, either, but.... Apparently, Sig is serious about entering the Open market place.

Well, dang a bear sideways! That's about as ugly as a revolver with a light on it. What are the chances it'd stand up to a steady diet of Major 9?

Personally, I'd like to see him in Production and SS in USPSA, and SSP and CDP in IDPA. It'd be nice to have another factory shooter (team?) in these sports.

Edited by revchuck

A sig is built like a tank, it'd stand up to major 9 quite well. I'm ready to see him out bumping elbows................with anything. :cheers:

Hop

What Sam says.......... My All Around has more beef than anything else I can think of

off hand. It's not just a P226 with a longer barrel.

Now if the new team needs any lowly "B" shooters, I could probably be persuaded..... ;)

Craig

Edited by spd522

The article mentions that Max will be the captain of the Sig Sauer team. I wonder who else is going to be on the team?

I don't know anything.... :ph34r:

Me either! ;)

So Matt, if YOU were to shoot a Sig, which one would it be and in what division?