Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2009 Indiana State Section Championship

I had a great time as always. I wanted to give a shout out to my squad, I had a great time with you guys. Thanks to the staff and the supporters. I hope to see most of you at the Area 5. :cheers:

• Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I had a great time as always. I wanted to give a shout out to my squad, I had a great time with you guys. Thanks to the staff and the supporters. I hope to see most of you at the Area 5. :cheers:

Thanks Dan! I had a great time yesterday. It was nice to meet you, Micah and Gary.

Thanks Dan for stepping up to the plate and keeping things organized for the squad yesterday. It was greatly appreciated!

Congrats to all the winners

Thanks to Jake and ALL the range staff. Fun stages, great RO's, nice weather, and a great squad to shoot with.

Micah, Chris, Scott, Bill, Joel, Thomas and lovely wife, Andy, Jason thanks for a fun time shooting.

We had an awesome squad with the Production Champ Tony Hawkins, Joel, Micah, Chris, Jason, Andy, Bill, Thomas and his wife who helped keep us organized. I was most impressed by the down to earth personalities of our squad. I appreciate someone like Tony Hawkins who was willing to talk about stages and teach a plinker like me. I had looked forward to shooting with these guys for two weeks and they didn't let me down.

Indiana State Section match fee: $85.00

Wife shopping while I shoot: $170.00

Hangn' out and learning from the best: Priceless!

Great job to Jake and the range staff who put on a great match ..... it was a thrill.

Scott Hurt

Evansville Indiana

Congrats to all the winners

Thanks to Jake and ALL the range staff. Fun stages, great RO's, nice weather, and a great squad to shoot with.

Micah, Chris, Scott, Bill, Joel, Thomas and lovely wife, Andy, Jason thanks for a fun time shooting.

We had an awesome squad with the Production Champ Tony Hawkins, Joel, Micah, Chris, Jason, Andy, Bill, Thomas and his wife who helped keep us organized. I was most impressed by the down to earth personalities of our squad. I appreciate someone like Tony Hawkins who was willing to talk about stages and teach a plinker like me. I had looked forward to shooting with these guys for two weeks and they didn't let me down.

Indiana State Section match fee: $85.00

Wife shopping while I shoot: $170.00

Hangn' out and learning from the best: Priceless!

Great job to Jake and the range staff who put on a great match ..... it was a thrill.

Scott Hurt

Evansville Indiana

I want to echo Scott's comments here. Great match, Great squad. I just wished i would have shot better but i am sure we all can say that. I was very impressed with both Tony and Micah[since i shoot Production] and both are excellent competitors and first class people. I was also very impressed with our Limited and open shooters in this squad...WOW these guys can lite it.

Thomas be sure to tell your wife THANK YOU from me for all of her help in keeping us organized.

Andy Wood

Thanks for all the kind words.

Scott I hope you're ok after the slide for life......Pete Rose would'a been proud.

Andy, a pleasure to shoot with a southern gentleman such as yourself.

Micah, keep after it you're getting there.

Joel and I rode down together, so we talked about the match for 4 hours on the way home. Good thing I didn't know I won the AR before we left. I probably would'a needed another ride home.

I'll be back next year.

:D Thanks for the comments (and advice) guys :D It is amazing how a positive, fun, and genuine squad can impact an entire match...and the 9 other gentlemen on my squad were top notch.

I'd like to add my compliments and thanks to the entire crew at the Indiana Sectional. From registering to RO'ing to chrono to the lunch, it was a first class operation.

The stages (from the point of view of a B-class wheelgunner) were a fair mix of shooting challenges. Lots of steel, very few no-shoots (I still managed to hit one :wacko: ) and a good mix of near and far targets. Most stages gave you multiple choices on where to engage targets. I do not believe that anyone can claim they did not get enough trigger time in, with 268 rounds in ten stages. If my squad was any indication, most shooters fired more then that.

Diana and I had an excellent day at the range (even if my results may not have been that good) She'd like to thank the RO's who provided her with neosporin, bactine, and offers of bandages after her slip, slide and fall on "Can't Stand Still"

Really, Diana can walk and even chew gum, she just had a little problem with making that corner at speed. Her "range rash" is starting to heal, and it does make for a neat story about the match.

I'd also like to thank Nashville Bill, for loaning me a replacement revolver, after mine had a major breakdown on "Have a Drink on Me" Using Nashville Bill's spare revolver I was able to finish the match. My ammo in Bill's wheelgun even provided a higher Power Factor then it does in my own revolver :surprise:

Squad 9 was a great bunch to spend a day at the range with. Everybody taped, painted, reset steel and even tried not to get in each other's way during the walk-thru's. That was nice. The two juniors were a pleasure to shoot with, even if one was "much older" then the other.

We will be back again. :cheers:

post-2563-1244516621_thumb.jpg

Sam Keen

post-2563-1244516636_thumb.jpg

Really this wasn't me

post-2563-1244516652_thumb.jpg

Bob Vogel

post-2563-1244516664_thumb.jpg

Bob and Adrian (this kid is going to be good)

post-2563-1244516676_thumb.jpg

post-2563-1244516700_thumb.jpg

How lucky can one person be on reshoots!!!

post-2563-1244516713_thumb.jpg

Rhino

post-2563-1244516766_thumb.jpg

And his new range rash

post-2563-1244516737_thumb.jpg

Chris Land working the 180 on Can't Stand Still

It was great seeing old friends as you came through chrono . . .

So who were the minor/major lowest squeak-byes and who had highest PF?

Most of the above covers it. The two squeak-byes were actually 165.6. Jawor did not have the most "manly" load, despite his desire that it be so, but he was close. We had a total of four shooters not make major and one not make minor. Naming names would be inappropriate, except for Jawor, because as he will most gladly tell you he is "a man with a gun, a badge, and an attitude."

I don't change my press or load and I think the chrono was very generous. About 5 PF over the norm.

Great match too.

Joel and I rode down together, so we talked about the match for 4 hours on the way home. Good thing I didn't know I won the AR before we left. I probably would'a needed another ride home.

I still think there was a mistake there. I know the names Tony Hawkins and Joel Ripper are real easy to mix up :closedeyes:

No, Tony, you still would have got a ride home, The location of your seat might have changed, however.

I do want to say that I had a great time. One of the best squads of people I've shot with in a long time. I would happily squad with any of you guys again, if you would have another old B shooter on your squad.

Everyone on the squad worked hard, was having fun, and were just plain old nice guys.

The match was fun, but it helps considerably when you have good folks to shoot with.

Scott, hope you hand is healing up well.

Joel

Congrats to Matt on the Revolver win! He is pretty good on a clip board as well.

Thanks, when I start shooting I always think "Just don't DQ." Saturday and Sunday, it was "Just don't cause a reshoot." We got through it, and couldn't have asked for better weather. The wall sneaked up on a lot of folks on Stage 8.

H.

Just saw this thread. I was never so glad to get a match over in my life. Never wanted to shoot another major match. Till I saw the scores, now I can't wait for another one..... :cheers:

• 2 weeks later...