Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Best Smith to Tune STI Mags?

Fullauto_Shooter

Thanks for all the support everyone has shown!!

Lead times will be reasonable again very soon....

Thank You Howard!! The time you took to provide all the info you gave me was way above and beyond what I expected.

I'll contact you after the new year to arrange some "tuning".

I do have a question, does the polishing of the mag have any relation to function or is it purely cosmetic? Your polished mags are works of art within themselves.

Thanks again,

Doug

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Howard,

From one who is on your "drooling like a kid before Christmas" wait list that is very cool to hear!

:D

edited to add a +1 to Fullauto's comments about answering lots and lots of questions.

Edited by Neomet

Thanks for all the support everyone has shown!!

Lead times will be reasonable again very soon....

Keep up the good work!! :cheers:

It wouldn't kill you to take the time to actually get some sleep! :surprise:

A buddy of mine just got his big sticks back from Howard. He was a little apprehensive at first(didnt know anything about mag tuning), but when he got them back he couldn't stop talking about them, and the fact that he now has 30rds in his gun to start. Howard got them done on time and went the extra mile.

Another happy customer!

Thanks Howard,

DougC

• 2 weeks later...

It is apparent that Howard is a great mag tuner if you have not realized that already hahaha - There is a wait due to his popularity.

If you want mags that are tuned and ready for delivery today - Brazos Custom has great tuned mags and I have never had an issue with them. They always work.

Dawson is now selling 140 tuned mags on his site and he can really tuned them up.

It is just a matter of time preference.

Anyone used the Dawson Thingy majiger?

Yep. Not a bad kit for tuning feed lip dimension/shape. But as far as modifying the rib, send it off to Howard.

Oh I will. I had a set of howards and was amazed. I am going to send the mags i have now to him as well soon.

• 3 months later...

I got "the last set" of HSMITH tunned mags from shooters connection (or at least mike said I did). They are absolutely beautiful, and have worked flawlessly after I put the first round of ammo through them.

Pretty funny story actually - I didnt realize the basepads were different (ie polished) then when you purchase them yourself. I bought four silver DP+1 basepads that were the same ones as the HSMITH mags I got, however, they weren't polished up nice and puuurty like the HSMITH ones. The HSMITH ones are a work of art. I feel aweful when my mags hit the ground - so aweful in fact, that I like to gently place them on the ground instead of dropping them out of my gun!!! (it's worth the extra second!) :)

• 5 years later...