Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Shooting cold

sherpa

When starting a match at the beginning of the day, it's common to start off cold and not fully warmed up. Some say they prefer to avoid shooting a short course immediately so as to minimize lost points, while most suggest to shoot a medium course first. Which would you prefer to shoot first, and why?

Edited by sherpa

shooting is shooting. long medium short its the same. dont be afraid if you practice well it does not matter.

When i was a beginner i always shoot paper targets cof's but now i shoot where less people shoot so i can be next.

Good luck

Since any larger match usually has a squad schedule and you have no choice in the matter, I would suggest that when you do have a choice, identify the stage that you least want to start on and choose it. Get used to anything!

Later,

Chuck

At local matches I get there early enough to warm up but it doesn't seem to help much. I think I'll try the going first next year so I don't have time to over think the stage. With a revo there are a bunch of standing reloads anyway. Next year will be more dryfire time with lots of reload practice.

I am finding I like to get the stages that have weakhand in them first. That way I'm not thinking about the weakhand stage while I'm shooting the rest of the match. I do practice alot of weakhand, but it is far from good right now. <_<

Most of the time though you can't pick, and I'm not good enough for it to matter at this point. :rolleyes:

Jimmy(needs to work on weakhand even mre)Zip

On every stage, I am always the first shooter on the first stage (in my mind anyway) and everyone came to watch me Kick A$$.

Start thinking like this and you may be amazed how well you can shoot.

Besides, I am one of those guys doing some dry firing at the safe gun handeling area to get warmed up.