Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

$2.75

G-ManBart

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Way back in 1986 when I was in Monterey, CA. There was a Shell station near Seaside. It had the new pumps with LED message that scrolled across the screen while you pumped gas. The message read:

We collect Federal, State, County, and local excise taxes. As a sideline, we also sell gasoline.

Seems like the price of gas there way back then was close to $2.00 a gallon. Sometimes we do it to ourselves, don't we?

Yesterday on the way back from a local match prices here in the Temple, Belton, Killeen area ranged from $2.13 to $1.97. The $1.97 was at a Valero station on the interstate. Yes there was a car at every pump at the Valero, but there were only two or three of us waiting for a car to finish. Oddly enough, the $2.13 was also at a Valero on the interstate, while the Valero, Exxon and Chevron near where I live were all at $2.09. :wacko:

We finally broke the $2.00 mark.....$1.99 here in NE AR, at least until the election poles close tomorrow and the price jumps up a dollar/gallon !!!!!!!

Most likely true.

$2.59 here at the moment, but if you look hard enough, you can find it for $2.79 :roflol:

Heck, I'm not that old and I can remember gas for under a buck.

I wonder what this will do to new products like the Chevy Volt?

I'm a bit older and I remember when it was 30 cents a gallon. I certainly wish those days were back.

• 1 month later...

1.88 a gallon on average in the tax soaked locale of Rochester NY.

Sometimes you benefit from the weekend price wars where gas drops to approx. 1.69 a gallon.

State budget calls for a lift on the State gas tax cap so...we'll enjoy the savings while we can...

Summer and fall of 2000 I remember gas being below 80 cents for a while. At one point two stations got into a price war and it hit 67 cents a gallon. No joke, plenty of people should remember that eight years ago. The next year Nasdaq fell from 5000 to near nothing and all hell broke loose.

$2.25 at the local arco. oh yeah. can't wait til $1.50

Man how things have changed in the last few years. :angry:

I remember having to pull the boat out of the water and driving it to the gas station downtown because the 1.48 at the marina was just too expensive vs the 1.19 at the station. I still want those prices back :(