Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

MODIFIED guns

ViktorCistic

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am going to make myself a nice X-Mas present.... will get the left one from the picture. The one with the real comp... looking forward to compete in the even darker side.... :surprise:

Actually I want to rebuild my Limited blaster into that kind of little beast....... I already have a good running Open gun in 9x19 Major from this guy, and, of course, my Limited one which is a nice shooting gun too.

Benny (80km south from the gunsmith)

OpenBlaster (with not installed Sidewinder):

post-14531-1222777919_thumb.jpg

I would consider playing in Modified if we had it as a regular division in the US... something cool about the innovation and all... But, basically, you're shooting the worst of both worlds in terms of recoil, capacity, etc... :D

That's a good point. Maybe we could replace L-10 with Modified 10. It would really be the worst of all worlds.. Low mag capacity, comps, shorts guns. It would be kinda like spec racing. Sure as hell isn't stock but it's not F1 insane either.... Hell I'd be in!! :cheers:

I would consider playing in Modified if we had it as a regular division in the US... something cool about the innovation and all... But, basically, you're shooting the worst of both worlds in terms of recoil, capacity, etc... :D

That's a good point. Maybe we could replace L-10 with Modified 10. It would really be the worst of all worlds.. Low mag capacity, comps, shorts guns. It would be kinda like spec racing. Sure as hell isn't stock but it's not F1 insane either.... Hell I'd be in!! :cheers:

Well, how about single stack modified? 8 rounds of major or 10 of minor. Now that's the worst of everything. But, I'd love it if we had it.

I agree, If I had my way it would be open,limited, modified and production.

For me it would be Modified, Limited, Production

You want comps and dots ? Put it in a box :-)

If I had a bunch of spare money I would do a Tanfoglio in this setup and shoot it in Open, just for fun.

They are cool looking little suckers. Everytime I go to a match with a bunch of 'em, I come home really wanting one. Eventually somebody beats some sanity into me until the next time :D

Unfortunately they aren't very popular in the Columbus Cup regions, so no chance to play there either.

I like the idea of Modified Division. I think Open has probably developed as far as it can go, and it has gone pretty far. While I'm not an IDPA cheerleader, I think the rules in Open Division have gone beyond any reasonable interpretation of the word "practical." Modified Division provides a new avenue for development by encouraging shooters, gunsmiths, and manufacturers to incorporate all the bells and whistles available in open into a compact package.

While it's not IPSC or USPSA's stated purpose, personally, I find it neat that technological advances developed in IPSC/USPSA shooting have been further developed and adopted by some law enforcement and military forces. Modified Division encourages that sort of "practical" development.

Where'd you guys get the idea the modified guns are low capacity? JV Dynamics claims full capacity 140mm mags (21+1). Sure, it's not a big stick, but it's a far cry from a 10-rounder...

Anyway, I love the look of the Modified guns. If we had Modified in the US, I'd be building one now instead of the longer version that I'm currently working on.