Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

'08 USPSA MultiGun Nationals.....

Looks like the attendance is gonna be way down this year....I know the economy is bad, ammo is high, gas is high, and Obama is still in the race......

But, for those who usually attend...what is your reason for not making it this year ????

I don't even see Michael Voight on the squad list.

I wonder why he's not going! :mellow:

He's going. Shot with him yesterday. I expect there will be quite a few walk ons. Jojo is also going as of yesterday.

The reason why most of the westcoast guys are out this year is location.

All these same arguments can be applied to the other big 3-Gun matches this year, and yet they filled right up. The reason I am not going is because Bruce pointed out that it is a shooting match instead of a "reloading match". Once I realized that I can't shoot and can only reload I decided to withdraw so as not to embarrass myself more than usual........ok...ok...ok I will stop gigging Bruce, but if you give me a straight line like that what do you expect :D

I am not going because of a horse. Man designed and developed the internal combustion engine so we wouldn't have to deal with the proclivities of the horse, ESPECIALLY one bought at an "Auction Barn". My business partner's fiancé was stomped and now is in surgery to repair the damage, so I am stuck at work. KurtM

By area, I'm not talking about USPSA areas.. everyone has their limits of how far they'll drive. If that's 200 miles, 500 miles, 1000 miles and some that will do more and some will fly. There's always a group of shooters that seem to go to every 3 Gun match.. who we all envy :)

My limit is about 750 miles. The closer it is to people 'normal' range, the more likely they'll go.

I think Louisiana takes out most of the more high mileage resistant people from the Western states.

Mileage = costs.. I bet it's the primary reason they are having issues getting people to go.