Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Western States Single Stack Championship...7th Annual

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Thanks Z, I know- I didn't pay too much attention to the equipment and it showed! I will work more on adjusting the camera better.... Wish you could have made it to the match. :(

I thought about you guys and girls all weekend, but I was somewhere much more important, my daughter won her first USTA Jr. Super Series tournament.

I was there in spirit, but I was where I was supposed to be.

Glad you all had so much fun :cheers:

As always, this is the best single stack match in the country. Those stages are a real test of our skills. It would not be Rio Salado (A2) without kick ass swingers.

Nick, you shot very well for an Dot-guy. Ok, you shot very well for a iron sight guy too!

I got to say a big thanks to Brian and Annette, when my gun turned into a 'rice burner', Brian went home and got me his used gun--I was forced to shot his SVI. Oh Woe is me!-- Stage 8--26 As and 1 C. Stage 11-- 14 As and 2 Cs. Stage 7 -- 24 As, 1 B, 1 C, 1 D. I offerred to take it home and clean it for him but he declined what I thought was a most generous offer. I can not understand why?? I am really interested in those wide grips. I seemed to have much better recoil control with Brian's wide grips than I do with my slim ones... I guess its time to break out the Brownells catalog.

A thanks to Don at Kodiak Precision who fixed my gun at midnight on Saturday and coined the name 'rice burner'. BTW: I chrono'd both guns.

A thanks to Taran with helping strategize a couple of stages with me. This guy always finds the most efficient way to shoot a stage. As a side note, 3 years ago I made a comment to him about his weak and strong hand shooting. He made a point of telling me that weak and strong hand shooting is an important part of this game and you need to train for it in every practice session. Well I took his advice and it paid off--I think I was 14th in the standards.

Rich did a herculean job of setting the match up. Thanks. Polle is the best!!! Dave as RM only told me I was getting close on my mag placement. He said they could not be below my belly button. Hmmm.

Edited by pjb45

Greatest Match Ever... proclaimed match directors Steve H and Kyle S. WSSS is the best Single Stack match around according to many who would know. I have to agree although I didn't make the most of it. Here's a few pictures from Stage 9 & 10.

post-6848-1233629508_thumb.jpg

post-6848-1233629517_thumb.jpg

post-6848-1233629525_thumb.jpg

post-6848-1233629536_thumb.jpg

post-6848-1233629546_thumb.jpg

post-6848-1233629557_thumb.jpg

post-6848-1233629567_thumb.jpg

post-6848-1233629575_thumb.jpg

post-6848-1233629582_thumb.jpg

post-6848-1233629590_thumb.jpg

post-6848-1233629597_thumb.jpg

post-6848-1233629604_thumb.jpg

post-6848-1233629612_thumb.jpg

post-6848-1233629618_thumb.jpg

The 3 swingers on stage 12 were pretty fast but I got 8 hits in 8 shots so it's doable.

Our very own Intel6 did fairly well on that stage!

Well done, Neal! :cheers:

Later,

Chuck

Thanks Chuck, at least I did good on one stage.

I almost fell over when I saw the finals and I had won that stage.

The stages that I didn't have gun problems on I did good but the others were baaaaad, very baaaad.

Even with the problems I still felt good about the match. I only had one Mike and that was a dropped shot into hard cover on one of those long targets on stage 6.

As Taran Butler said when he got his plaque, "Best Single Stack Match in the Country"

Neal in AZ

Wonderful video. Makes me feel like I was there.

Looks like the stages were done very well. I wouldn't expect less from the great people at Rio.

One of these days I'll have to get a single stack. Looks like almost as much fun as a revolver. :cheers:

I must say I had the best time at this match! By far my favorite of all that I attended. Stages were all very well planned out. I will definitely return next year. Steve H. and crew did an outstanding job. The range staff were all friendly and courtious. :cheers: I didn't get every stage on camera due to technical difficulties, but got 10 of the stages. Download it about 1/3 of the way in High Quality for best viewing results. ;)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Gr_SKOMtH0

Thanks for the excellent video, Jay!

Next year! :cheers:

I would like to say special thank yous to Steve H and all the support people that work on this match...you guys are truely amazing!! The stages are first class, the RO's are fair and fun :), and the scores are out in record time!! The only thing that makes it better is being squadded with all my friends!! I had the best time and want to say THANK YOU to Squad 6.....a real supper/super squad!!

Cheryl :)

To all who put this match on (don't want to forget anyone):

GREAT MATCH

And to the supper squad, it was great shooting with you all. Nice to put faces to the names here in enoverse. Great video, Jay, fun to relive the stages.

Looking forward to next year and next time I not try to shoot my ss like an open gun :wacko:

I'd like to thank Steve and all the workers that I wasn't able to thank when finishing a stage, and rethank all the R.O's. for the time and effort that went into this great match.

It was great to see some old friends that I've not seen in over 10 years. Rod, Cheryl and Frank Glenn to be specific. Finally meeting people that I've communicated with here was terrific.

The shooters on squad 6 were great, it was a pleasure and honor to meet them.

Anyone that shoots would be missing a fantastic match by passing this one up, just because they don't want to shoot a Single Stack!

Again, Thank You to all that put this match on!!!! :cheers: