Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

While reloading I...

safenate

I listen to the radio (talk usually) or TV (Fox news), visualize (not world peace), and dream up wildcats. Sometimes i even play with the dog, leaving the press in the up position so as not to double charge.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

While reloading I pay attention to reloading. :rolleyes: I look in each case for powder. I listen to the case feeder, the bullet feeder and press for weird sounds. I may have some music in the background sometimes but it is usally very low.

JMHO,

Chuck

While I agree 100% that reloading is not to be taken lightly ......... it is also the most boring thing I can think of, something best suited for slave labor, a punishment I would not wish on my worst enemies. :angry2:

However, it is a necessary evil (especially with rising metal prices) that even though I enjoy the substantial cost savings, and satisfaction of creating a premium custom load ...... wish I could afford to do without, instead buying custom ammo from one of the many top suppliers such as Atlanta Arms.

But until I win the lottery ...................... :rolleyes:

[we now return you to your regularly scheduled programing]

Edited by CHRIS KEEN

While reloading I pay attention to reloading. :rolleyes:

Um +4 I think. I do not do anything else while I reload. Loading 9 Major isn't hard but I sure don't want any distractions while I'm doing it.

While reloading I pay attention to reloading. :rolleyes:

Um +4 I think. I do not do anything else while I reload. Loading 9 Major isn't hard but I sure don't want any distractions while I'm doing it.

+5, I guess........never a bullet dropped until I SEE the powder charge!!

Watch charges & primers, listen to the machine? Some of you guys take the fun out of this bullet-making thing.

Just kidding. With Amer Sel, a double is impossible (same with any 9Major load). But i don't always use it. I think some mental stimulation (talk radio or FN in the background) keeps me from making a mistake. I've fallen asleep while running & swimming before, but not while reloading (yet).

I am also considering introducing a bit of core training by standing on one of those weeble-wobles or something. Thanks for sharing.

Listen to Howard Stern.

Anyone who can't reload AND listen to the radio should probably not own guns.* No offense guys, but this task is not something that takes all your mental capacity. There are only a few things going on, and you merely need to be attentive to the process.

Driving a car is more complicated, and the stakes are much higher. I'll bet you all have listened to the radio AND eaten AND talked to someone while driving a car.

I'm not saying you single-taskers are doing anything wrong, do what works for you. For me, it's the Howard Stern show. When he makes me laugh too hard, I'll slow down a little.

* I'm kidding. Lighten up! :)

Edited by Anon

I focus on the task at hand, making sure there is the right amount of powder in there just before I place the bullet and pull the handle. There may be some music going in the background but mostly I just listen to the machine with each pull of the handle.

Joe W.

Reloading is just plain work that must be done to be able to play, I don't enjoy it and don't want to do it. I have the radio going, usually late at night so I am listening to the Indie rock show, it is plenty loud so I can hear it over the PITA casefeeders. Often I am walking back and forth between the case-pro and the Dillon, the Dillon will eat brass at the same rate the case-pro will make it doing it this way. I will have a Miller Lite there on the bench for primer tube and powder breaks, and a BIG fan blowing on me since I tend to leak water pretty heavily when reloading at the pace I maintain. I have TWO powder checks that I use, slimy multi-colored orbs in the upper front part of my head. Lately I have been doing 1000 rounds per session so I don't have to do it as often, takes a little over an hour on a 650 with running the case-pro at the same time. If I manage to get ahead on the case-pro while talking on the phone or something I can do 1000 rounds in about 50 minutes.

Some of you guys are pretty uptight about reloading, I just don't get that uptight about anything for any reason. It isn't in my nature I guess.