Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2008 Nationals squad matrixes are up...

XRe

Hi everyone,

I do have a question and am not sure if this is the right place to ask it? Most big area matches I have shot have larger squads and longer stage times (ie 15 people on a squad and 1 1/2 hours to shoot a stage in) Now how well do relativly small and quicks stages run (Are you always running behind) Not trying to start a fight just want to know what to expect.

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

(like the steel 2 years ago)

NI-AG-ARA FALLS! Slowly I turned, step by step... Sorry I had a bad flashback. :blink:

The match should run quite smoothly as usual though. No worries mate.

Edited by Turtle

Squad 32 OL10, will definitely ROCK! I am delighted to get to shoot with such high quality folks. Some may not be thrilled to see me again...as I get somewhat..eh..vocal... when folks forget that we have the steel settingest, target tapingest squad on the whole damned range!

Other than that I am a pretty laid back kind of guy.

Looking forward to seeing you guys again.

David C :rolleyes:

Edit to add: The line: "the steel settingest, target tapingest squad on the whole damned range" shamelessly stolen from Jerry Miculek who also had the best line from the 2007 nationals: "If you ain't wreckin', you ain't racin'."

Edited by geezer-lock

Historically speaking, Al, if you show up w/ checkbook in hand, you'll be OK... You might want to contact HQ or hit Troy (mactiger) w/ a PM and see what the likelihood is of getting in. Inevitably, there are a few no-shows for registration, so...

Al,

We talked to Troy about this at Steel Challenge. BJ is going to have to do the same thing for Prod Nationals. Troy said they base the match on 12 shooters/squad so they can in theory take up to 36 walk-ons and there will always be no shows. Troy said he can't remember turning anyone down. However, you probably want to be there early and be in the first of the line for registration, just in case.

Tim

Squad 10 for Open Division. Looking forward too the match

Flyin

Squad 10 Open - looking forward to meeting you, Flyin40! I would apologize for my running buddies up front, but I hear you've met Dave (SgtSVI) already so you won't be too shocked. :surprise: I guess we'll have to try to console XRe somehow since he got stuck with us against his will... I can't wait, it's going to be a blast. :cheers:

I guess we'll have to try to console XRe somehow since he got stuck with us against his will...

You know I hate you guys, Rhonda... :lol: :lol: :lol:

I'm actually thankful that I got squadded w/ folks that I know will be light hearted and will work the match ;) And besides, someone's going to have to remind Derrick not to reload the gun every two steps... :lol:

I'm in squad 11 for Rev/Lim/Prod nationals.

I'm in squad 29 for Open/L10 nationals.

Will be a good mix of sleeping in and having to get up early, fscing the sun in the am vs not having to worry 2 much about it.

Any other BE"ers on either of those squads?

Any other BE'ers on squad 31 for the LPR or 4 for the L10 Open?

Adios,

TG

TG,

I'm a BE'er "light" but will be on 4 for the L10 Open.

Dark side for me, what about you.

See ya there

Jeff M

Right on!! I am going to break out the old P-14 .40 and shoot L10. My stinkin SV wont run reliably enough!! Looking forward to it!

Adios,

TG

Squad 10 for Open Division. Looking forward too the match

Flyin

Squad 10 Open - looking forward to meeting you, Flyin40! I would apologize for my running buddies up front, but I hear you've met Dave (SgtSVI) already so you won't be too shocked. :surprise: I guess we'll have to try to console XRe somehow since he got stuck with us against his will... I can't wait, it's going to be a blast. :cheers:

Well our squad has 6 so far from the forums. The Balls, XRE, SgtSVI, Me and you. How about the others??? Are they on the forums too??

Flyin

Squad 17 for LPR! Looks like the first days shooting will be a good mix of starts and assorted movers. Looking forward to this, Ive been training hard and feel good about this match. Hope to see most of you out there! H!

Al,

We talked to Troy about this at Steel Challenge. BJ is going to have to do the same thing for Prod Nationals. Troy said they base the match on 12 shooters/squad so they can in theory take up to 36 walk-ons and there will always be no shows. Troy said he can't remember turning anyone down. However, you probably want to be there early and be in the first of the line for registration, just in case.

Tim

Actually, I said we squad for 11 in each, which still gives us a little wiggle room above the posted cutoff.

Troy