Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2008 Nationals squad matrixes are up...

XRe

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Even if you use an online booker, ALWAYS, ALWAYS confirm at the property directly.

Jim

Just to be perfectly clear on several points:

1) We were booked at the Holiday Inn in Owasso, not the match hotel. FIVE rooms. In JANUARY.

2) We booked live with the property, not with an online reservation service.

3) We stayed at same property in July.

4) We verified at that time with said property, live and onsite.

5) Their booking agency cancelled our reservations, and informed us after the fact of that action, without verification.

6) We complained. Thursday night for 2 hours, and Friday morning for 2 hours. They told us, "tough."

7) They called me today to inform us that we'd been reinstated. See number 6.

8) I used bad words in describing where I'd rather stay, what I thought of their "customer service," and what they could do with their 5 rooms.

I have only shared this information in an effort to prevent anyone else from sharing the same heartache, consternation, frustration, and anger that we have endured.

Your mileage will likely vary, and I hope nobody else is inconvenienced as we were, without hope of compensation or even consideration for our difficulties. I'm certain that many others will enjoy a fabulous, hospitable experience, as will we - at another vendor's property. I am projecting nothing on your experience, merely offering the benefit of our experience.

Thus endeth the parable.

jr

Well after seeing the thread about the Holiday Inn Express Owasso, I was a little nervous so I called last night and was told my reservation was still in effect and would be no problem. I told them I might be in a bit late and they said no problem as long is it was before midnight. If it was after midnight I would just have to call.

I showed up tonight to find out that they were overbooked and gave our rooms away. Apparently they decided first come first served tonight and the last room went about the time we were registering for the match at the match hotel.

After some heated words they came up with a King smoking and a king non smoking for me and my buddy to split. Now we're paying twice as much as before, with one of us in a room that smells like an ashtray. When I got to my room there was someone elses stuff. They came up and moved all the stuff out saying the reservation wasn't in the computer. So now I have a nice comfy room with constant thought that at some point someone is going ot come back to the their room and a heck of an argument is going to ensue. Oh joy.

I never fill out the squadding part of the form... I've never been disappointed with the squad that I end up on, of course their opinions of me may vary :unsure:

I see they put Shane Coley on the Super Squad... he's earned it in my opinion. :cheers:

Thanks Paul, hope to see you at Nationals. Thought you might be interested in Shane's new website

http://www.shanecoley.com/

Shane's Mom :D

Even if you use an online booker, ALWAYS, ALWAYS confirm at the property directly.

Jim

Just to be perfectly clear on several points:

1) We were booked at the Holiday Inn in Owasso, not the match hotel. FIVE rooms. In JANUARY.

2) We booked live with the property, not with an online reservation service.

3) We stayed at same property in July.

4) We verified at that time with said property, live and onsite.

5) Their booking agency cancelled our reservations, and informed us after the fact of that action, without verification.

6) We complained. Thursday night for 2 hours, and Friday morning for 2 hours. They told us, "tough."

7) They called me today to inform us that we'd been reinstated. See number 6.

8) I used bad words in describing where I'd rather stay, what I thought of their "customer service," and what they could do with their 5 rooms.

I have only shared this information in an effort to prevent anyone else from sharing the same heartache, consternation, frustration, and anger that we have endured.

Your mileage will likely vary, and I hope nobody else is inconvenienced as we were, without hope of compensation or even consideration for our difficulties. I'm certain that many others will enjoy a fabulous, hospitable experience, as will we - at another vendor's property. I am projecting nothing on your experience, merely offering the benefit of our experience.

Thus endeth the parable.

jr

We, my friend and I had much the same situation. we booked our trip thru Orbitz. We called several times prior to arriving and were told "no problem we have you covered". When we arrived at the Holiday Inn we were greeted with "We's gots no ruums fer u"..after some heated discussion we made the comment that fine..we'd sleep in the lobby.Miss Semi Literate said fine..go ahead. The attitude she gave was that she could care less. We finally did get a room at the match motel. I had to put the room on my credit card and we'll see how Holiday Inn and Orbitz handle this. As the saying goes..Buyer Beware.