Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Just call me "baby's daddy"

Carlos

Some of you know that the Teutonic Princess (a.k.a., my wife Claudia) has had a bun in the oven for the last several months (about nine months if I recall).

Yesterday, at 9:29 PM, we were blessed with the delivery of our first child, Victoria Annasophia Johnson, weighing in at a healthy 8 lbs, 11 oz. and measuring 53 cm! We are still in the hospital & all are doing well; we hope to head home tomorrow and between diaper duty (and all the other small jobs they tell us will be required) I hope to post a pic or two of the new little lady in my life. We are so happy!

Douglas

Awesome!!!!! I had my second about 7 months ago and somehow I already knocked up the wife with the third. The first two months suck cuz the little boogers eat so damn often and they never stop crapping. The first time they look up at you and smile makes it all worth it.

LOL@ missing jr high health class.....

Carlos, man that is AWESOME!!! Too cool to explain to someone that doesn't know, and now you know what I mean. Congrats to Baby's Daddy and Baby's Momma!!!! The next ten years are absolutely amazing.

PS, you will want to kill her occasionally in 15.5 years, give or take 6 months and trust me on this, but I am pretty sure it will still be illegal then. Eventually they grow out of it (I hope!!!). I have 3 kids and they really are the highlight of my life.

Major congrats to you and your wife!

We have 3 and I would not trade any of them but like HSMITH says, my 14 yo daughter pushes the limit :)

But dude, you're 40, what took you so long :D

Edited by warpspeed

Congrats to Douglas from Douglas! :cheers: Babies are a blessing and just when you think you can't love them anymore, you do! Sleep when you can and I highly reccomend "Boudreaux's Butt Paste" or "Booty Goo". Now, just have 4 more and you'll catch up with me and my tribe!

Congratulations.

Enjoy the time because it goes fast. My sons are already 27, 25, 19 yrs. old.

My oldest of three sons helped me put up hay for the horses today, and my youngest son shot with me at a match on Tues. night.

Congrats! It was 11-1/2 years ago that I brought my wife and daughter home from the hospital (in a blizzard)

A few pointers:

Babies can crap more than they eat!

Baby crap starts to stink only after a few weeks. initially it does not, this is so that you have time to grow attached to them.

Babies do not think that you need to sleep. You do. Get a schedule, you will need it.

Babies do not care whether they are fed breast or bottle. they will take either. It make your life easier in that you can help with the feedings.

Babies grow up and you will miss the days wehn you could hold their head in your hand and cradle the little bundle along your forearm.

Do not let people think you strange that you became a father for the first time at 40, I was 44. You will have more time and more patience for your own child, however, you may find yourself stretched a bit in dealing with her friends when their parents are 15 years younger and have a different world view.

Enjoy every moment and take a lot of pictures and videos. Especially include the grandparents (hoping they are still around) No mater how many pics you have, you will wish you had more later. We do. aAnd we don't have anywhere near enough of the Nana or Grampa.

Babies are a lot tougher than we think they are. Remember babies have been around a lot longer than the CPSC. But do keep an eye open, babies are also very curious. It is how they learn.

Enjoy. There will be a day when you are ouching along and your daughter will come up to you and say to you, Daddy, you can lean on my shoulder so it won't hurt so much. Mine did last year at the age of 10. She was serious and I damn near cried.

Kids are great!

Jim

Congrats! Hope all continues well for baby and mom!
...somehow I already knocked up the wife with the third....

Um... Miss Jr. High health class? :roflol:

Funny! I do remember the part about protection not being 100% effective and I guess after the thrird time I should learn that.

Here is a quilt my Wife made a little late for our son to use. My daughter uses it though. And number three will also.

IPSC%20Quilt.jpg