Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Double Tap CHAMPIONSHIP 2009

Thanks for the Great Comments Jim. at least we had good weather to set the match in.

I was going to give the guy a choice of getting his gun back and staying in the Match by Dropping it in the muck and letting him retrive it. but he decide to "crap" out of the Match instead :lol:

Not really.

As long as the gun had Slide Glide he could have pulled it out of the hole, wiped it off and went back to shooting. I wonder how bad it would have smoked after that! :lol:

Can you imagine the peanut speckles on that first target? :roflol::roflol:

Chris

• Replies 684
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Thanks for the Great Comments Jim. at least we had good weather to set the match in.

I was going to give the guy a choice of getting his gun back and staying in the Match by Dropping it in the muck and letting him retrive it. but he decide to "crap" out of the Match instead :lol:

Not really.

As long as the gun had Slide Glide he could have pulled it out of the hole, wiped it off and went back to shooting. I wonder how bad it would have smoked after that! :lol:

Can you imagine the peanut speckles on that first target? :roflol::roflol:

Chris

Yeah...And the RO would not follow TOO close :roflol:

Jim :surprise:

Hello: It was not that bad Sunday afternoon :roflol: I even brought out the urban tactical shorts. I would like to thank all the RO's and staff for there fine work and dedication. I would also like to thank all the guys of squad 23 and the one lady. It was a real pleasure shooting with all of you. Sorry, I can't remember all your real names or your Enos family names. I also want to thank the single stack guys for the great competition and now I know what I need to work on :cheers: It was a fun match with some different stages. Thanks, Eric

I don't know what was worse, those shorts or Craig's kilt.

Definitely those shorts, they are nowhere near as "shooter friendly" as my kilt :P

If you have to take off your belt in "the facility", you better hit the safe area and bag up the gun first. If you don't have to take off the belt, at the very least, make sure the lid is closed as your first "inbound" action :rolleyes::lol:

And thus the most "Shooter Friendly" feature of the kilt. I must admit when I bought it a couple years ago I never imagined how easy it would make portapotty trips with a full gunbelt :cheers:

Squad 23,

Thanks for a great time. It is always nice to have a hard working squad that continually displays a great attitude, especially when the environmental conditions are conspiring against you. For me personally, it is always a great booster to have squadmates smiling and working hard to serve as a pick me up once in a while. Seriously good senses of humor are also always welcome. You guys had it in spades.

Now to Porter, Steve and all the other DTC Staff...

Thank you very much for what has to be one of the best organized, managed, and fun matches of the year. It is plainly evident every year (four now for me) that everyone involved with this match strives to do their very best. The RO's work hard, stage design and setup is top notch and the ability to run through a metric shit ton (yes it is a technical term) of shooters with a minimum of fuss is always appreciated. Cheers to you....

Yabba Dabba Doooo!

Edited by smokshwn

Craig did look high speed in the kilt and it sure didn't hamper him shooting.

I am glad it was a lost brass match because no one wanted to see him bending over and picking up brass in that thing. :lol:

Neal in AZ

Awesome match,

Thanks to all of the fine folks that made this match take place,

I didn't get to enjoy it like I wanted, shooting all 13 stages in about 2.5 hours, but they were

awesome stages, I got a quick story that will be sure to get some laughs from you all!!!

on the way back to the airport, I stop at the corner convenience store, and casually drop my rental car keys into

lets just say into a place that is wet and you DO not want to stick your hands, and then on top of that I had left my lights on my car on so my battery was dead on my car!!! let alone the flight cancellation and 11 hour delay getting

there in the first place. and the most awesome part is this all took place from wednesday morning until Thursday afternoon time frame!!

Thanks for a great time and congrats to the stud man Travis on his victory.

Manny

To mimic what everyone else has said already, I really enjoyed myself @ the DTC. Thanks to all the fine folks who put on this event and worked very hard despite the weather we had. This was my first Doubletap experience and surely not my last. I look forward to being there next year to see what Robert has up his sleeve with the Flintstones theme. It ought to be great!

I also want to thank everyone on Squad 24 for an awesome time. Everyone did their part to make this match go smoothly for our squad. :cheers:

Jimmy Callender

Vicksburg, MS

Awesome match,

I didn't get to enjoy it like I wanted, shooting all 13 stages in about 2.5 hours, but they were

awesome stages, I got a quick story that will be sure to get some laughs from you all!!!

on the way back to the airport, I stop at the corner convenience store, and casually drop my rental car keys into

lets just say into a place that is wet and you DO not want to stick your hands, and then on top of that I had left my lights on my car on so my battery was dead on my car!!! let alone the flight cancellation and 11 hour delay getting

there in the first place. and the most awesome part is this all took place from wednesday morning until Thursday afternoon time frame!!

Manny

Nice! I waited to shoot longer than it took you to shoot the whole match?! Something is wrong here... :roflol: Maybe it was the weather?! :unsure:

Awesome match,

Manny

Nice! I waited to shoot longer than it took you to shoot the whole match?! Something is wrong here... :roflol: Maybe it was the weather?! :unsure:

Manny's got skillz!!!

:cheers: I am glad Manny was able to make it. didn't sound like he was going to be able to at first. As for the rest of you, thanks for shooting the match and it will be great next year as well. I do have one thing to say........I had alot of fun meeting everyone and being RM. I have placed the order for good weather for next year, but we all know how that works.

Hello: I think I will have my shorts made into a kilt :roflol: Then I would be asked what clan I belong to. My reply would be the Enos Shooting clan :cheers: Then all of you guys would have to get a kilt so we could match. Oh, maybe not all you guys :surprise: It is nice to see that squad 23 had a sense of humor and we all taped at the speed of light. I hope to shoot with all of you guys soon. The shorts will be out this weekend at the Coastal Bend Challenge. Thanks, Eric

AND Manny helped Set out targets that morning also, HE IS THE MAN! Thanks Manny! I guess you got your Keys back did it involve a coat hanger or Nitrille gloves :lol: ?

On Another Note We gave out the Wooden Single Stack Throphies to Someone to give to Roger Sherman and he Has not been contacted PLEASE give him a call and let him know you got it for him.

Edited by scorch

:cheers: Something has been brought to my attention and i think it needs to be addressed. I understand that Jim and Nancy lambert of firebird precision firearms didn't and haven't quite got the appreciation that they diserve. Let me first say that they were the first sponsor to step up and give up one really nice rifle. I contacted them from a add in a magazine and they stepped up right away. Robert and I really appriciate all the sponsors and I won't say some more that others but when you are a small opperation like firebird and you come online right away as a match sponsor that requires us as to stand up and take notice. all of us a competitors need to appreciate what these sponsors do, most of them are competitors as well and have all lokked at some prize tables and said gee what happened here. Thank you Jim and nancy and all the sponsors, you will be hearing from me again it was a real plesure working with all of you. :roflol:

I just figured out the best way for me to shoot it with only 8 rd mags and had fun with it.

I guess I should learn the rules better so I can whine more. :rolleyes:

I also didn't know Firebird Precision was giving a rifle away. I just thought they were showing

their products at the table. They were very slick rifles. My apology for not paying

better attention and major thanks to them for their sponsorship. Especially at a pistol match.

Craig

Edited by spd522

THANK YOU FIREBIRD! They also stayed and Presented their Product in the COLD WINDY weather.

Sage 10 Discussion is Mute: John approved this Stage, we discussed it prior to the Match, It was set up exactly like the diagram and JOHN SAID: SINCE SHOOTER HAS CONTROL OF THE PORT THEY ARE DISAPPEARING. Don't want a Mike, Shoot More or Be sure before YOU close the port.

THANK YOU FIREBIRD! They also stayed and Presented their Product in the COLD WINDY weather.

Sage 10 Discussion is Mute: John approved this Stage, we discussed it prior to the Match, It was set up exactly like the diagram and JOHN SAID: SINCE SHOOTER HAS CONTROL OF THE PORT THEY ARE DISAPPEARING. Don't want a Mike, Shoot More or Be sure before YOU close the port.

Robert, I think you omitted (typo) a "NOT".

was set up exactly like the diagram and JOHN SAID: SINCE SHOOTER HAS CONTROL OF THE PORT THEY ARE DISAPPEARING.

The issue isn't about the targets being "non-disappearing" (FYI, disappearing targets are DEFINED by the rulebook as activated and moving targets which after they complete their movement are not available for engagement. The targets behind the ports weren't activated...and they didn't move)....the issue is rule 4.2.5 and App. B3. Once those ports shut (and assuming the shooter couldn't reopen those ports or go to an alternate port) the A-zone of non-engaged targets is gone....and that violates 4.2.5 and App B3.

Not according to John. You could shoot all you want before the Ports closed and YOU closed them.... YOU being the Optimal word here.

Rule 4.2.5 "completely hide the highest scoring zone on a partially hidden paper target." The Target Was not partially hidden, it was wide open and Again YOU had Controll over the Hard Cover So when do you have control over how much hard Cover there is on any other hard cover target? never.

Steve J.... NOT?

Edited by scorch

Not according to John. You could shoot all you want before the Ports closed and YOU closed them.... YOU being the Optimal word here.

Rule 4.2.5 "completely hide the highest scoring zone on a partially hidden paper target." The Target Was not partially hidden, it was wide open and Again YOU had Controll over the Hard Cover So when do you have control over how much hard Cover there is on any other hard cover target? never.

Steve J.... NOT?

Robert,

Not trying to "bust your chops" on this, as I'm sure that this was a fun stage to shoot, but I must disagree with John's interpretation on this one. These are not disappearing targets according to the rules, and if Rule 4.2.5 does not apply because the targets were not partially hidden, how did John address Appendix B3? "At least 25% of the lower A-zone, or the entire upper A-zone, must remain visible around hardcover or overlapping no-shoots."

It seems very clear to me that regardless of any decision the shooter makes, the A-zone on these targets DOES NOT remain visible around hardcover or overlapping no-shoots. These targets are not legal (they're not disappearing either, but they're not legal).

Edited by joseywales

You guys are talk apples and Oranges.

The Hard Cover is Not Fixed as would be the "normal" Case Where 25% of the A zone need to be visable to give you something to shoot at and YOU HAVE NO CONTROL OVER THE HARD COVER. in this Stage there is NO hard cover on the target and the hard that appears over the Target YOU... YOU... YOU... have control over it and does not have to End up with 25% visable, Because you had the CHOICE of when to shoot a 100% target and CONTROL over when the Hard cover Kept you from shooting the Target. another way to look at it is The Target did not go behind Hard Cover YOU did, by shooting the popper. so you better have moved behind that hard cover after you where satisfied you got your hits.

I know I don't always agree with John, But he is like the supreme court he makes the Decision on how these things are interpreted and that is what we go on. Had he told me that these target were disappearing then that the way we would have scored them, and we did talk about this Specifically so i am just passing on what was told to me.

It was a fun stage and every one played by the Written stage description approved by John A. This might be something that needs to be brought up in the next rule revisions.... Kinda Like rule 10.2.1 was this time :rolleyes:

and Really the stage was designed to give you two avenues to shoot it the Safe way of Shooting the targets first and being a little slower OR shoot one target, the popper and get the other target before the window closed and be a little faster, but taking a big risk of a mike.

Edited by scorch

It was hard to judge if it was best to shoot it the safe way or the risky way simply because of slight inconsistancies in resetting the stage. If you put the pin holding the sliding door in just a little then the door fell rather quickly. However, if the guys setting it pushed the pin a little more then you had about another half second or so to engage the other paper in that array. Through the course of watching my whole squad shoot it it was obvious that the doors fell at different rates depending on how they were reset.

Maybe if this is done again then have RO's only resetting this type of prop...? To keep it consistant.

No matter to me, it was an interesting stage to shoot. My hats off to who thought it up.