Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Why the Switch?

drivingit

If that were the reason, you'd only see old guys shooting Open....

Asking this is the same as asking "Why drive a Top Fuel rail when you can drive a stock class car?". Its HIGH SPEED, BABY!!!! :lol:

So polling all you Open shooters that used to shoot Limited, what made you make the switch? Is failing eye sight the main reason?

For me that was the main reason, My arms quit growing (couldn't see the front sight) so I made the switch. That and being able to use the B I G S T I C K!

Edited by TruStreet

I started out shooting Open years ago, stopped shooting for a long time and came back shooting Limited since Open guns had changed so much I wanted to be sure of what I was looking for in an Open gun. Now I'm shooting mostly Open, but will shoot one local match per month with the Limited gun and selected other events as well.

I just really like driving an Open gun :cheers:

If that were the reason, you'd only see old guys shooting Open....

Asking this is the same as asking "Why drive a Top Fuel rail when you can drive a stock class car?". Its HIGH SPEED, BABY!!!! :lol:

thanks mr. re for pointing this out. i've had this discussion with some who have asked the "why open" question and in my case eyes are an issue but once i tried it i found there is no going back! speed, speed and more speed!!! of course that's the gun, not me... :blush:

It's my favorite division because you are penalized the most for mistakes out of any of the divisions. If you want to win Open you need to have a totally complete game. You can usually get away with a mike or a few D's in Limited - not so much in Open.

+ whatever we are up to on the speed issue. But also to help make me a better limited shooter. I had stalled in limited and after shooting open for 07 I have shot 2 A class classifiers and one master class classifier in limited just playing some the last two months. If you have stalled and find the game is not quite as fun as it was make the change.

because I wanted a F.E.W Dirty 6 explosive space modulator that looked like something Marvin the Martian from looney tunes carried..... :rolleyes:

Speed, wow factor, and an excuse to blow 5k on a really cool lookin blaster. I actually mostly shoot limited, but I shoot 3 divisions at the Steel Challenge. just ordered a new aftic for my open gun so I might shoot the next local match w it. otherwise it will sit until the next challenge.

It's my favorite division because you are penalized the most for mistakes out of any of the divisions. If you want to win Open you need to have a totally complete game. You can usually get away with a mike or a few D's in Limited - not so much in Open.

+1

I wanted to become a better Limited shooter, so I built an Open gun and shot it for almost a year. I am a better Limited shooter for it, and Open is a blast. That said, Open is WTFO all the time, it feels to me like you can't lift the pedal at all and I just shoot balls out all the time. That isn't true of course, but the gun is vastly more capable than any of us are and trying to run it as fast as it can be run in any given situation can feel like your hair is on fire every stage of every match. I am shooting Limited now and it is a really nice change. Still fast, still using a race gun, but it doesn't feel like Open. It is more fun for me right now. 6 or 8 months ago I would have told you Open was more fun. Shoot what you like and if you want to change it up go for it, we have 6 divisions and there is nothing wrong with shooting any of them!!! I have 4 classifications now and will get two more by the end of the year, just because.

I have wanted to shoot open for a long time but couldn't afford a good race gun. I finally got a Bedell this winter and plan on a lot of fun this summer with it. It just looked like a lot of fun shooting a top fuel race gun .

Because the promised me cookies.

Actually I made the jump when I realized that all the drills I did made little difference in matches because I still couldn't see the flippin front sight. Actually that and the fact that I could get a really good Open gun (Tanfo) for less than what a lot of my buds were paying for Limited blasters.

For the JOY of it .

Its fun to watch the bullets.

Its fun to see over 15 things happen in one second

Its fun to get mad over going 0.25 of second slower that you know you can go.

I don't agree with Jake D about the misses and points. I only placed 28th at the last match and every open shooter ahead of me had fewer points.

I could actually place higher in limited class as my natural body speed / timing matches limited better. The last time I shot my limited gun I was faster than my open gun. I'm OK with a revolver too.

But Still I like Open better.

Edited by AlamoShooter

I wanted to shoot open, because the guns look cool, they shoot loud and have a blast upwards through the comp, you can shoot a big stick and you can shoot faster!!!

Shoot a lot of bullets real fast and it looks and feels cool!!!!!!