Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

What Does Your Limited Or Limited 10 Look Like?

DBake

• Replies 939
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks to Sig Lady I got my pic posted. Pretty much standard fare I guess. Capisan lower with an STI upper. All internals are STI - Built by K2-Sports in Richardson TX. Shoots a way better than I do.. :D

And (trumpet fanfare)...Here's MerlinD's blaster....!!!

SS%2045%20L%2010.jpg

• 10 months later...

Here's mine. my1911sm.jpg

Got a extra long slide lock, big fat ambi safety, nice big mag release button, bomar in back, EGW FO up front, tungsten guide rod, STI trigger, C&S hammer/sear/disconnect, STI TI sear spring, S&A mag well, high ride beavertail of some sort, and brand new grips (thanks Eric)! 45 ACP. Started life as the basic Springfield 1911-A1.

I really like it, but I am now having the urge to get a Limited or Open gun. Haven't decided.

Joel

Thanks Eric. I did the trigger job myself, and I love it! About a 1 1/2 pound pull with just a touch of smoooooooooth movement before break. My first foray into 1911 gunsmithing. It works just fine so far, but I only have a few hundred rounds (and about 1000 DF snaps) through it. We'll see how it goes at this weekends Steel match.

BTW, I love that grip!

Joel

Joel- Sorry buddy, it looks like the extended slide release will be outlawed when the new rules take effect. :(:angry:

Limited 10 Division (Pg. 97)

Special conditions:

18. External modifications such as weights, or devices to control or reduce

recoil are specifically not allowed, such as but not limited to, thumb rest,

extended slide stops, etc.

Cullen- When I read the article in front sight, they mentioned that the "etc." was thrown in to cover any unlisted means of possibly controlling recoil. I agree with you, I used to use the same sort of extended slide release. I never rode it to control recoil, the extension is in the wrong place. However, it is extended. Some sort of clarification would be nice.

That's what your left hand is for, dude!

Well stated. If you can't reach the slide release on a single stack, imagine the problems the average guy has on a double stack. :lol: Seriously, train the left thumb to do something other than just sit there. You may want to email the USPSA for some clarification before you go to any trouble.

I'm shooting an STI .40 now, but here's some pics of My favorite .45

Kimber CustomClassic. Bo-Mar Lo-mounted sight. KART NM Barrel, Brazos front sight, Edbrown ambi safety, S&A magwell, Wilson trigger CMC extreme grip safety, hand checkered by Me 20lpi. Industrial hard chromed by METALIFE.

KimberGoodpic.jpg

My checkering...

checker1911.jpg

(Edited to update pics)

Edited by Derek45

Image Shack! I've been using this site for sometime now with good results and NO popups. Its easier to use than hunt101 and some of the other free sites that are around. Uploading the pic is pretty simple but may require some editing before you go crazy, ie., setting the height and width so your pics are not toooooo large or small. This function can be performed with photo editting software or a presentation package like powerpoint prior to the upload.

Now for the fun part....once you are at the website: image shack and have signed in, next hit the bowse button and perform the upload. Once the pic is uploaded to image shack you will be given the opportunity to view a set of codes.

Whats a code: Simply put - Codes are basic ways for a person to communicate. You can run a google search for html code tutorials but thats not needed for this forum because the code options are listed above. Copy your pic url address, hit the IMG or http:// button (located in the post window), past the link, preview - edit if its not working correctly, then post it for the BE world to see.

sw

Industrial hard chromed by METALIFE.
Good thing! I cringed when I looked at your backdrop.

here's a pretty picture.

USPSA_TRP_8x6.jpg

big version 328k

here's a more practical picture.

USPSA_TRP_l_8x6.jpg

SA trp operator with an ed brown extended mag release, ergo grips with hex head screws, and an S&A arched mainspring housing w/ magwell as well as some skateboard tape because the slide serrations aren't agressive enough to make up for sweat + armorykote when it gets hot out. Oh yeah an a 15lb recoil spring and 19lb mainspring.

• 3 weeks later...