Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

What holster to use for Single Stack

sniperdog

I have decided to put the Limited race gun in the safe for a while and shoot single stack. My problem is what holster can I use that gives me the same "feel" as my Limited holster. I have tried a Blade-Tech but it seems to feel like I am having some drag on my draw. I looked at a Serpa but have not tried one, if anyone has some ideas I am open for suggestions.

Try a Safariland 568....very smooth release and fast. They also make it without the paddle, but I can't recall the number. I think they offer a slight offset piece you can put in to move it slightly away from the body, but still be legal for SS. R,

are you thinking leather or kydex?

i started with a leather Dillon. tried a el-cheapo Uncle Mike's kydex ( i also have a blade-tech) and love it. it's secure and very fast, especially compared to leather, and a real deal for the money.

:D:D

I just broke out a couple of old holsters that I used to use. One is an old Davis that I bought in the early 80s when Davis was attending matches in the Seattle area. The other is a Wilson Practical P1. Don't remember when or where it came from. But both work well for me.

I think that as some of us old guys get back into shooting Single Stack that you'll see a lot of the old leather. What worked once before should work now.

Hello: If you have a pretty pistol then the Safariland 560 is the way to go. If you have a work horse then the Comp-Tac belt holster is the way to go. Hope this helps. Thanks, Eric

Eric,

Safariland stopped making the 560. They replaced it with the 567/568, but the holster body is the same. The 567 has the belt loop attachment and the 568 has a paddle. The paddle is now a plastic rather than the softer laminate. Also, the way the belt loop on the 567 is, I don't think it holds the front strap above the beltline which would prevent it from being legal for SSD. R,

Edit to add: The 568 definitely puts the front strap above the beltline and is SSD legal. Safariland told me that if i found the current paddle to be less comfortable than that of the 560 I could send it back and they'd swap paddles for me.

Edited by G-ManBart

Hello: If you have a pretty pistol then the Safariland 560 is the way to go. If you have a work horse then the Comp-Tac belt holster is the way to go. Hope this helps. Thanks, Eric

Eric,

Safariland stopped making the 560. They replaced it with the 567/568, but the holster body is the same. The 567 has the belt loop attachment and the 568 has a paddle. The paddle is now a plastic rather than the softer laminate. Also, the way the belt loop on the 567 is, I don't think it holds the front strap above the beltline which would prevent it from being legal for SSD. R,

Safariland also makes the 5187. It is a suede lined kydex belt holster that does keep the fronstrap above the belt. I just got one recently and it's pretty nice so far. It's much easier on the finish than plain kydex.

The drag on the draw is from all the rust on the gun :P

While I use KyTac. Just about any of the Kydex holsters will do well. And they are avaliable :surprise:

Whichever holster you decide on.......just get your butt over to the SSC match this year.

Hope to see ya at the IN state match.

Edited by Caspian_45