Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

The new gun itch

North

I have a perfectly good STI Edge, I really like this gun. But I want a super cool limited gun. I know I should just spend the money on mags, upgrade to a dillon, get some upgrade/spare parts and a poop load of bullets. But dang, I want a super cool gun.

All of these ubercool limited guns being posted for sale is not helping the matter at all.

This just may make me quit the forum. Can I somehow exclude the classied section when I "view new post"? :D

Edited by North

North, I understand and feel your pain. I have a cheaper solution to your horrible situation. Buy a long slide and barrel and have it fitted to your Edge. That gives you a cheap new gun.

I am waiting for my new 6" slide to arrive from STI. I have a 6" Nowlin Barrel w/bushing, Bo-Mar type sights and a few small items that are ready to go. Just waiting, just waiting, just waiting...

Buddy

I understand your dilemma. My main problem is that there is that rare occasion when my wife walks by my safe and it is open.

Sometimes it's just hard to explain :mellow:

dj

DJ I fell ya man. I don't believe in keeping secrets from my wife (hipocrisy ON) but there are some purchases that must remain on the DL (hipocrisy OFF). Fortunately I control the funds and bills so it is easy to hide money. :)

My Brazos Limited and my new Jim Anglin 6" are two such purchases.

I understand your dilemma. My main problem is that there is that rare occasion when my wife walks by my safe and it is open.

dj

My wife always tries to count guns when my safe is open, then she gives up and walks away shaking her head.

Funny, my wife asked me one day if she would be surprised at the number of guns she found if something were to ever happen to me. With a straight face I said no, you will not be surprised.....shocked as hell maybe, but not surprised.

dj

My wife always tries to count guns when my safe is open, then she gives up and walks away shaking her head.

You let your wife look in your safe?!?!?!?!?! :surprise:

My problems, when I was married, started when I bought a safe that held 27 rifles. Prior to that the guns were stacked in corners here and there and everything was good. When I got a safe all was okay for awhile. But then the rifles started being stacked into corners again. The wife noticed that and asked why they weren't in the safe. What could I say except that there wasn't room in the safe. :surprise:

But she couldn't say much--she had a room full of sewing machines, patterns, material, and macrema (sp) stuff.

upgrade to a dillon,

upgrade to a dillon? What are you reloading on now?

You really don't want to know. I have a lee turret that I bought in 2004 when I started IPSC/USPSA. It has been extremly reliable and given me everything I ask for, except more than 150 rounds an hour. I usually just load for 30 minutes a night, then dryfire. then I shoot all the rounds I made that week on the weekend.

I'm scared that if I can reload easier that I may have to lobby the Mrs. for a larger Ammo budget. :D

Edited by North

I don't see what the problem you all have with your wives is. <_< I'm the one who has to figure out how to sneak new guns into the house around here...

I am also far too often afflicted with the new gun itch (at least according to my other half).

You let your wife look in your safe?!?!?!?!?! :surprise:
Edited by LdyGunner

The new gun itch is a terrible affliction. While I know I would be better served by buying more reloading supplies and getting more training, for some reason I cannot deny the urge for more toys. :( If anyone finds a good and inexpensive cure for the new gun itch, please let me know!!!

~Mitch

A bottle of Jonnie Walker is a good compromise and works for me.

A few snorts a night allows me to read the forums and finish off by slurring my undying devotion to my ugly old ST/SV hybrid, a pic of which i will post one of these days, just to make you all happy with your choices!

P.D.

upgrade to a dillon,

upgrade to a dillon? What are you reloading on now?

You really don't want to know. I have a lee turret that I bought in 2004 when I started IPSC/USPSA. It has been extremly reliable and given me everything I ask for, except more than 150 rounds an hour. I usually just load for 30 minutes a night, then dryfire. then I shoot all the rounds I made that week on the weekend.

I'm scared that if I can reload easier that I may have to lobby the Mrs. for a larger Ammo budget. :D

Well the reason I asked is because up until a month ago, I was in the same exact situation. I loaded on a RCBS Rockchucker for 7 years. This year I asked myself if I wanted a new gun or a dillon. It was a hard decision because I'm pretty sure I own the smallest amount of guns of anyone on this forum. I always want a new gun. I fought the bug though and got a dillon....and it was the best decision I could have made.

What a world of difference from the reloading world you and I have known.....I didnt know it could be this easy.

I understand your problem well because it just happened to me on Saturday. I walked into the sporting goods store to look at some Under Armor cold gear and a 45 XD Tactical grabbed my arm as I was walking by the case. I tried to tell it that I already had 2 XD 45's but it wouldn't listen. It told me that since there was no waiting period and a NICS check was not required it was going home with me. Being the gentleman that I am I brought it home then took it out for dinner and fed it a couple hundred Blaser Brass, then brought it home and cleaned it and put it to bed. I think it will be awhile before I go in that store again.

North, I've felt that itch.

I'm almost convinced I can justify an Open 9mm gun, just because 9mm bullets are all that's left, if you want a quality FMJ/JHP bullet without needing a co-signer....

True, I'd have to shoot 20k a year for 5 years, but after that the gun would be like...free!

But I can't imagine not loading on a Dillon. 150 rounds/hr?? <shudder>