Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Terminator Spinnerbait Chart/White, Double-willow w/ Zoom Creepy Crawler trailer. When my arm gets tired of casting go to the trusty Zoom brush hog, usually green pumpkin.

I miss fishing... :(

N,

Drag yourself over to this coast and I'll take you and the boys on a 3 mile hike to some old phosphate mining pits that are full of keepers. And no, they don't glow too much anymore. :P

WM has a lovely near snagproof rubber frog that I have been using with great success for the last 10 years...costs less than $2...chug it over the duckweed and hang on....it's followed by a sudden explosion of water if there are any fish within 10 feet. Amazing adrenaline rush.

I would be perfectly happy with two lures, a clear full size chug bug,, ( a similar lure to a POP R but longer.) and a unweighted texas rigged pink Sluggo. I quit bass fishing and started shooting because it was less stressful and way better people shooting than fishing.

Just got off the phone with my sister who lives in Anderson, SC. I'm no fisherman, oops, I meant angler, and she had a question that I couldn't answer. What is the reason for them wearing helmets? :unsure:

only wear them when they are moving fast...don't wanna fall out of a bass rig at 65mph. and the face shields work well as the temps are low 30's and freezing rain. but, they're ketchin' em.

Terminator Spinnerbait Chart/White, Double-willow w/ Zoom Creepy Crawler trailer. When my arm gets tired of casting go to the trusty Zoom brush hog, usually green pumpkin.

I miss fishing... :(

N,

Drag yourself over to this coast and I'll take you and the boys on a 3 mile hike to some old phosphate mining pits that are full of keepers. And no, they don't glow too much anymore. :P

WM has a lovely near snagproof rubber frog that I have been using with great success for the last 10 years...costs less than $2...chug it over the duckweed and hang on....it's followed by a sudden explosion of water if there are any fish within 10 feet. Amazing adrenaline rush.

I'll take you up on that invitation sooner than later, Chris! :D I'm going to PR for spring break and will bring back some of my gear.

It may be cheating because it's a natural bait, but a 1 pound shiner free swimming about 4 feet under a big cork in Tiger lake, (off of Lake Kissimme) south of Orlando will sometimes bring that big ole bucket mouth up. The water explodes. The friend that took me said the largest he ever caught was about 12 pounds. :surprise: We only caught 5-8 pounders. <_<

Ahhh, those were the days :cheers:

dj

Wacky Worm or a Trick worm for a fast limit then I would throw top waters and jigs for bigger fish. A large bladed spinner-bait, in black, if they are staging in grass.

In the event of a front...big black jig with big fat pork attacked. Flip that to outside structure and work slowly.

Buddy

Back when I lived in CA, I was a Bass fishing machine. Number one lure was a shad Rapala Shad-Rap. I was always pretty fond of motoroil colred senkos with red and green flake as well.

One evening I came home skunked. After I backed the boat into the garage, The Mrs opened up the live well and noted that the empty beer cans were REALLY biting that day and that I was a few over limit :surprise::cheers:

Go to for me is a silver flake bass assassin with a chartreuse tail, needle weighted. Play with the depth, sometimes take the needle out. I have one lake I used to throw carolina rigs with 13in. junebug worms, made for a slow day, but really big fish.

Go to for me is a silver flake bass assassin with a chartreuse tail, needle weighted. Play with the depth, sometimes take the needle out. I have one lake I used to throw carolina rigs with 13in. junebug worms, made for a slow day, but really big fish.

Any plastic worm,4 to 12 inches long, texas rigged, any color long as its got purple on it somewhere.----------Larry

I'd say my "Go To" bait is a Jig. Usually 3/8-1/2oz with a plastic frog. I like Black and Red and Black and Chartruese. When the fishing is tough I can always get at least one or two good money fish to bring to the scales. When its tough and the bite is slow.....I head up river and get into shallow water less than 4 feet. The bite is not often but usually big. I also love flipping docks and blowdowns.

My favorite lures are small crankbaits. Namely the Bandit 200's color dependant on condition.

And who can't love a spinnerbait when the bite is good.

I've never been that much of a worm fisherman. Too slow and deliberate for my taste. My old man on the other hand will drag one behind the boat all day long.

The bad thing is.....since I've found IPSC about 2 years ago.....I've forgot all about bass fishing. Lost all interest. Anybody want to buy a Bullet? Boat that is.

I use black/burnt orange or olive wolly buggers on the fly rod. For baitcasting, I have this baby bass small crank bait. I don't know who make it (japanese name), but it never fails me with the small mouth in my local lakes.