Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

• 3 years later...

I am SICK hooked on the sport of bass fishing these days. We can't wait to get on the water.

I use this 1/2 oz football jig...

post-1015-014505500 1305347218_thumb.jpg

...with a green pumpkin chigger craw trailer. Going to keep using it till it works too. tongue.gif

Jim

I am SICK hooked on the sport of bass fishing these days. We can't wait to get on the water.

I use this 1/2 oz football jig...

post-1015-014505500 1305347218_thumb.jpg

...with a green pumpkin chigger craw trailer. Going to keep using it till it works too. tongue.gif

Jim

I prefer this brand

http://dirtyjigstackle.com/

Good colors, hooks, and design

Trailer depends, Yamamoto twin tail, BPS speed-o-craw (similar to chigger), paca chunks, etc.....

BTW being on the water started in January and lasts to December :D

post-2881-076984100 1305384632_thumb.jpg

Edited by Powder Finger

Haven't in a while, but a frog popper on a 4-6 weight fly rod is a kick in the pants. Watch that mossback just tear up the pond when he hits :devil:

Right now everything is worms, salmon eggs and crappie jigs since the short one is getting into the fishing thing :cheers:

Matt, I've heard that one refered to as the DuPont Spinner.

I'd say my "Go To" bait is a Jig. Usually 3/8-1/2oz with a plastic frog. I like Black and Red and Black and Chartruese. When the fishing is tough I can always get at least one or two good money fish to bring to the scales. When its tough and the bite is slow.....I head up river and get into shallow water less than 4 feet. The bite is not often but usually big. I also love flipping docks and blowdowns.

My favorite lures are small crankbaits. Namely the Bandit 200's color dependant on condition.

And who can't love a spinnerbait when the bite is good.

I've never been that much of a worm fisherman. Too slow and deliberate for my taste. My old man on the other hand will drag one behind the boat all day long.

The bad thing is.....since I've found IPSC about 2 years ago.....I've forgot all about bass fishing. Lost all interest. Anybody want to buy a Bullet? Boat that is.

You parked a Bullet? That's just plain wrong :angry:

I was bass fishing down in Zephyrhills some years back, in a farmers, using just a regular old crank bait. I was trying to cast over to some lilly pads, where one of the farmers' mules was about chest deep in water, munching on the lilly pads, when I inadvertently hooked the mule in the nose. Well, the mule started thrashing about, splashing, braying, etc., when a 9 lb big mouth literally jumped out of the water, and took the crank bait off the mules' nose! :surprise:

To this day, they are still selling mules in the bait shacks! :roflol:

Edited by GrumpyOne

Thread drift....I once had to get a copperhead off my rainbow trout on our meadow steam in Dutchess County, NY. The local DNR guy said copperheads don't do that. They do....I've had bass take a lure from a smaller bass-sometimes both fish getting hooked. I have a misspent youth of bass fishing....back to best bass lure--for farm pond-small double jointed floating jitterbug.