Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

The Hot Ticket for Production

IPSC

Glock 34 is not a PD legal gun in IPSC, for the simple fact that it's too long.

Hope the M&P9L or M&P9Pro, make it onto the approved list. I read that, one of the 2 models may have a sub 5lb. trigger pull? Not PD legal. Fingers crossed.

ah yes, but how often in the USA is there a real IPSC shoot not sanctioned by USPSA? It is legal for USPSA Prod. guns to have a longer barrel than the "box" fitting guns, + we get to trick ours out with cool stuff like grip tape, sights, sub #2 triggers and all the fun crap that makes production the equivilent to America's NASCAR Pro Stock where absolutely nothing is stock! :lol:

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What about the Beretta 92? I've never really heard anything bad about them. Just wondering...

Personally, they're too fat for my hands. They're probably too big for lots of people. They're probably not as popular in Production because they're a definite uncompetitive in every other division (open, limited, etc.), so competitive shooters shun them.

P.S. - Sic'em Bears!

Well,

I let Ralph and a couple other gents shoot my Angus-ized SP-01. All these guys have shot Glock and some M&P and XD. When I left, they were all figuring out how to justify a new SP-01!

Later,

Chuck

LOL there are a lot of things I'm trying to figure out. The SP-01 is very nice.

Well,

I let Ralph and a couple other gents shoot my Angus-ized SP-01. All these guys have shot Glock and some M&P and XD. When I left, they were all figuring out how to justify a new SP-01!

Later,

Chuck

LOL there are a lot of things I'm trying to figure out. The SP-01 is very nice.

Funny thing about all that, sometime during the hour I tried that gun with my new eyeglasses that I had built the end of last year. With my old prescription, I was lucky to hit anything small beyond 25 yards. With the new glasses I managed to put down that 30 yard mini-popper with one DA shot!

I am pretty sure John will get one. And if he does, sibling rivalry should kick in for Jim :rolleyes:

• 2 weeks later...
Sig P226ST in 9mm with Bruce Grays Competition Reset package.

this is my setup, never had a hiccup that wasn't attributable to my ammo

what does Bruce's reset package include?

got a photo of your gun?

Shot a Matt Mink SP01 for awhile..

cz75sp01LR.jpg

now playing with a lighter CZ75SA converted to DA/SA.

75SALR.jpg

pretty much the same set up; sights, trigger, grips, just lighter in the front end.

the CZ is a great production platform..been very happy with it and would recommend them

"what does Bruce's reset package include?"

Competition Short Reset package

This is the most advanced package we offer for competition and sport shooters. Our highest grade work yields the smoothest, lightest, shortest resetting action. Includes detailed polishing & refinishing of all action surfaces, our original GGI Competition Short reset, Feed & Reliability package and respringing for competition only use.

Hey Stuart,

How about a short comparison of the SP to the B?

Thanks!

Chuck

Hey Chuck..

These two guns are set up almost exactly the same.

I am using the same sights, trigger, grips and have the actions set up exactly the same..about 6.5# DA and 2# SA.

both have beveled magwells, and ext mag releases.

the only difference is the weight of the dustcover and being able to use a FLGR. the SP01 has one and the 75SA does not.

the real difference in the two is the weight forward on the gun. The SP01 is a bit heavier than the std 75b..the SA has a full slide vs the narrowed slide on the 75b..so it kind of sits in the middle weight wise. The SA has the advantage of the beavertail too.

I ended up changing springs on the 75 as it timed different due to the weight..than the SP01.

so far I like the lighter gun. the recoil is a little snappier as you would expect from the difference in mass. but it seems to track as well as the heavier SP01. so far I like it.

what does Bruce's reset package include?

got a photo of your gun?

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v699/bufit323/PICT0011.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v699/bufit323/PICT0012.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v699/bufit323/PICT0013.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v699/bufit323/PICT0016.jpg

These are about the best pics that I have. Since this time, I no longer have the adjustable rear on my gun.

Bruce does a complete competition package on his guns by request. His work is top notch and guaranteed for life:

check here for more information: www.grayguns.com