Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

The Hot Ticket for Production

Curious as to why there is such a big gotta have factor to the 5inch M&P?

I understand the longer sight radius, however unlike the Glock it doesn't look like on the M&P that Smith did any reduction in the weight of the slide. Nor did they add any additional competition features like extended mag release and slide release (not that it is needed).

Now this is not bashing the M&P, I am planning on getting one, but a standard 9mm to me is good enough and the extra lenght and weight is not needed.

1) Ergonomics... Any hand. Small, Medium, and Large grips, better grip angle. Better trigger reach. DON'T NEED extended releases if you can reach the damn buttons!

2) Trigger is less mushy, and more tunable.

3) Fiber-optic Front and Flat-black target rear, standard.

4) Steel "more-drop-free" mags

5) American Made.

These are my reasons.

JeffWard

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Curious as to why there is such a big gotta have factor to the 5inch M&P?

I understand the longer sight radius, however unlike the Glock it doesn't look like on the M&P that Smith did any reduction in the weight of the slide. Nor did they add any additional competition features like extended mag release and slide release (not that it is needed).

Now this is not bashing the M&P, I am planning on getting one, but a standard 9mm to me is good enough and the extra lenght and weight is not needed.

1) Ergonomics... Any hand. Small, Medium, and Large grips, better grip angle. Better trigger reach. DON'T NEED extended releases if you can reach the damn buttons!

2) Trigger is less mushy, and more tunable.

3) Fiber-optic Front and Flat-black target rear, standard.

4) Steel "more-drop-free" mags

5) American Made.

These are my reasons.

JeffWard

That's great! But, I picked up the M&P, and the beavertail hits my thumb weird. It was a no-go from minute one. I picked up the XDM and it fits my hand SWEET. It the next gun that I'm buying.....soon as I get a job, ....damn resession.

• 6 months later...

I love the 9mm M&P's. Both the Pro and the 4 inch are great guns. They fit my hand, have good ergonomics, all the controls are in the right place for me, and are easy to work on. The trigger does need work, and the sights aren't that great on the stock pistols but many folks replace sights on all guns anyway.

• 2 weeks later...