Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

The Hot Ticket for Production

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

you must be really bored to ask that question on this forum. LOL

I think you should have added a poll.

I will take a guess that Glock will lead, followed closely by the new M&P. My personal favorite was the Daewoo 40.

Edited by shootingchef

I started with a Glock 34 then moved to a tanfoglio stock and then to an M&P and soon a M&P five inch and I have to say the M&P is my favorite and the tanfoglio is a close second.

That sti gun is just damn ugly!!!

Edited by boynty77

I started with a Glock 34 then moved to a tanfoglio stock and then to an M&P and soon a M&P five inch and I have to say the M&P is my favorite and the tanfoglio is a close second.

That sti gun is just damn ugly!!!

:lol: I am with you there Adam, that is what I first thought- but it is growing on me..... :huh:

IPSC

I shoot both a HS2000 Tactical (XD Tactical) & CZ75 SP01 Shadow. Both are excellent PD guns.

CZ75 SP01 Shadow is definitely flavour of the month/year, followed by Tanfoglio Stock II.

Glock, XD, M&P are popular choices for Polymer PD guns.

CZ, Tanfoglio are the more popular Steel guns in PD.

Edited by NOSAJ19

Glock 34. (5.25") Or the 17. Way to many reasons to list. But the two important ones are they flat work. And the guns, parts, holsters, sights etc. are EVERYWHERE.

Jim M

PS. lets not forget to mention the G35 loaded down to minor. 130PF and a 15# recoil spring in that caliber feels pretty close to perfect to me.

Curious as to why there is such a big gotta have factor to the 5inch M&P?

I understand the longer sight radius, however unlike the Glock it doesn't look like on the M&P that Smith did any reduction in the weight of the slide. Nor did they add any additional competition features like extended mag release and slide release (not that it is needed).

Now this is not bashing the M&P, I am planning on getting one, but a standard 9mm to me is good enough and the extra lenght and weight is not needed.

The hot ticket in Production seems to be "Practice" :P

I'm surprized nobody mentioned the CZ SP01 (Shadow) yet. The gun of choice by the current IPSC World Shoot winner.

Too funny... Practice, what manufacturer makes that?

That CZ looks nice. Never owned one now you got me thinking about it. I have a G35 that can be loaded down for Production advantage there is I have all the gear already anad I know how to work on the gun. Next logical choice would be a G34. I like the XD's and MP's guess I'd lean towards the 5" models but I need to test them out. Seems like it took the XD a while to become popular and now the M&P is comming on strong. One issue I have with the XD is parts availability. I hear they are becomming more available. I hate sending a pistol back to the manufacturer when a simple part replacement does the job. Lastly and maybe more importantly "The Shadow" what a cool name I have to admit I'm intrigued. I have to get more info on this one.

Ralph,

Wanna try an SP-01?

Yea that would great.

OK, we can set someting up. I have a CR belt set up with a DOH and Blade Tech pouches. I also have a butt load of 10 round mags. You run over to wally world and get some WWB and we will set you up. BTW: the WWB 115 chrono'ed about 137 at Area 5 in 2006. Please try to stay away from Jason's major loads. :surprise: I am going to go to Prado on Sunday. No Norco tomorrow.

Later,

Chuck

Curious as to why there is such a big gotta have factor to the 5inch M&P?

I understand the longer sight radius, however unlike the Glock it doesn't look like on the M&P that Smith did any reduction in the weight of the slide. Nor did they add any additional competition features like extended mag release and slide release (not that it is needed).

Now this is not bashing the M&P, I am planning on getting one, but a standard 9mm to me is good enough and the extra lenght and weight is not needed.

I can hit the standard mag release without shifting my hand if I have the small backstrap installed. I can hit it with minimal shifting (noticeably less than a sig or glock) with the medium backstrap, which is the most comfortable for me.

In terms of the extra weight, the front of the slide seems to taper (from what I can make of it from the pics) significantly so it shouldn't be too much of a factor.