Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

1911 Single Stack Elitist Club

zhunter

So by virtue of the criteria you realize you'll inherently exclude a few unique people.

Someone like . . . let me see if I can think of someone. . . .

Wait - I got it. Someone like TGO. Who, if memory serves, has won the single stack classic every year since it's inception. B)

Or Jerry Barnhart, who's won a match or two with a single stack. ;)

I can't join the club, like the two names above I unfortunately have used polymer guns, wide body frames, and have single stacks in all kinds of calibers, though .45 ACP is by far the most prevelant.

And I have't shot a SS match in some time.

This is truly unfortunate. I'd love to be in the club, be a snob, or in this case actually be both.

Next time maybe . . . :(

You gotta let TGO and some of the others in though. Right?

J

All animals are created equal....some are just more equal than others. In clearer words....Just like in major matches - different rules apply to "some" people.... ;)

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

What's the diff between a Non-voting Member and a Non-Voting Regular member? Too much fiber? :unsure:

G-ManBart

Even tho you are forced to carry not one but TWO polymer firearms, and in light of your recent participation in a High Level match using a "minor" caliber, your status is Non-Voting. That status shall remain, but should you start competing in the "major" caliber arena, at that time your Member Voting Status could be put forth to the Arbitration Committee.

As for Voting and Non-Voting Members, if you read closely, you will understand the significance of the differences, as it has been clearly defined previously.

Good thing you're not an editor :lol:

I wasn't asking about the difference between voting and non-voting. I was asking why some people are Non-Voting Members and others are Non-Voting Regular Members :wacko:

TGO has shot a .40 Single Stack quite a bit....that ought to carry some weight. So should the fact that my application gun is a proper Colt in .45ACP :bow: but I'd probably miss a lot of votes anyway...lol.

TGO has shot a .40 Single Stack quite a bit....that ought to carry some weight. So should the fact that my application gun is a proper Colt in .45ACP :bow: but I'd probably miss a lot of votes anyway...lol.

When Limited first started, just about everyone, including Robbie and Jerry Barhart shot their single stack .45's with longer mags. THE load, was a 230 FMJ over 4.4 of Clays. That was in the day of 175 Power Factor.

1) Your photo dated 1987 shows a then acceptable Weaver Stance, certainly outdated in todays world, but I think a photo submitted taken during the firing of a shot SHOULD be one that clearly shows your eyes are OPEN :surprise: and not closed as your photo clearly shows in abundant evidence.

That's obviously a Chapman stance. And I worked very hard to develop that technique of closing the dominant eye. Good Lord, who are you people?? :rolleyes:

Also, it has come to the light that you have been known to associate with some rather unsavory and less than reputable Revolvers shooters, namely a Mr. Cliff Walsh. I would think that you might want to rethink this association.

Now that I think about it, I don't think I'd want to be a member of an organization that would accept me anyway..... ;)

PS: Should Mr. Carmoney's membership application be accepted, he should be immediately referred to the disciplinary committee for having submited a photograph of himself with that crazy hair.

Jealousy is such an ugly emotion on you, Nemo.

Need a few more

Nancis 45 (under construction needs parts)

my 45

kimber ..sunday go to meetin gun

and Bennys 45 (on loan to Nanci for WSSS)

th_PICT0174.jpg

th_PICT0175.jpg

Z Hunter Charter Member/New member Nomination Committe Chairman

Dear Chairman,

I submit these previously posted photos of my Single Stack 1911 45. I am aware that several parts are missing from my pistol and I do believe that my husband knows where they are. Notice the photo of his gun. I started shooting the SS 45 in USPSA competition in 1987 with a Gold Cup National Match pistol given to me by my near perfect husband. If you accept "girls" in your snobby elitist club (I do know The Little Rascals "He-Man Woman Haters Hi Sign" if that helps my chances any) please consider my application.

ps. I can think of at least one charter member that I beat in 3 stages at this year's Western States Single Stack match in the lovely Mesa, AZ.

~Nanci~

Nanci

Your credentials are outstanding, but I will have to defer to Merlin regarding the female membership.

Merlin, your call on this one, but I can vouch for her use and love of JMB's design

The snobs are design and brand snobs rather than gender discriminators... No need to even pause on this one. As Nanci truly represents the female shooter in the most positive manner possible it would be a travesty to even consider not accepting her into this collection of snobs.... To Nanci! :cheers:

Merlin, I am humbled by your gracious words of support and acceptance. I enjoy shooting with guys like you who treat women equally as competitors while also treating us as ladies. I shall strive to represent your club of elitist owners of John Brownings' timeless invention: the 1911 handgun. I will endeavor to keep my nose high in the air and scorn tupperware. :)

~Nanci~

PS: Should Mr. Carmoney's membership application be accepted, he should be immediately referred to the disciplinary committee for having submited a photograph of himself with that crazy hair.

Jealousy is such an ugly emotion on you, Nemo.

Jealous?... Nah... I too used to have a 'fro. :D

Would allowing Nemo in the club be a conflict of interest on Z's part? After all there are 65 days of smack talking left.

I would think any unfortunate remarks from Nemo would lead to probation.

I speak from personal experience. :rolleyes:

Pics of Merlins gun? Which of the 127 single stacks would you like to see? Besides the people who make the rules dont necessarly follow them.---------Larry

I think that both our Founding Father's and my 1911's have been posted on the Single Stack Photo Thread and furthermore in Single Stack Competitions over the past 18 months.

Would allowing Nemo in the club be a conflict of interest on Z's part? After all there are 65 days of smack talking left.

I would think any unfortunate remarks from Nemo would lead to probation.

I speak from personal experience. :rolleyes:

I don't feel that there is a conflict, I am the chairperson for the new member committee, Nemo is a member in good standing at the present time.

I would like to cordially invite you snobs... all my fellow snobs to my fourth annual Single Stack Challenge Match. It's just a club match. Six stages. 100-115 rounds. No prize or pies table. But, the top 10 finishers will get nice certificates. Everyone must shoot 45 ACP, and your gear has to be legal in either IDPA CDP Division or USPSA Single Stack Division. Competition is heads up. The stages will be IPSC-like, and the scoring will be time + points down and penalties using IDPA targets and lots and lots of steel. I wanted to get the invite posted before this thread gets closed for being anti-, bashing, or political something. The only rub is we start early in the morning. Shooters meeting is at 8:00. PM me for details.

SSCCertificates.jpg

p.s. perhaps this will get my membership upgraded to "voting member"?

I would like to cordially invite you snobs... all my fellow snobs to my fourth annual Single Stack Challenge Match. It's just a club match. Six stages. 100-115 rounds. No prize or pies table. But, the top 10 finishers will get nice certificates. Everyone must shoot 45 ACP, and your gear has to be legal in either IDPA CDP Division or USPSA Single Stack Division. Competition is heads up. The stages will be IPSC-like, and the scoring will be time + points down and penalties using IDPA targets and lots and lots of steel. I wanted to get the invite posted before this thread gets closed for being anti-, bashing, or political something. The only rub is we start early in the morning. Shooters meeting is at 8:00. PM me for details.

SSCCertificates.jpg

p.s. perhaps this will get my membership upgraded to "voting member"?

Steve

That sounds like an OUTSTANDING match and the scoring system and match combination would be refreshing.

As for being a voting member, I would direct you to the comments I stated earlier to G-ManBart about differing levels of membership. I am not sure about the "Regular" member status that our Founding Father bestowed upon one member yesterday, but, IF you read closely, you will come to realize that significance between a "Voting" and "Non-Voting" Membership is quite small.

I hope this comforts your concerns.

Dearest <_< Founders,

Hair? I thought he was wearing one of those Russian hats! :rolleyes:

Dearest <_< Founders,

Hair? I thought he was wearing one of those Russian hats! :rolleyes:

My concerns go beyond his hair and closed eyes while shooting!!! I am concerned that the 1911 in the photo was photoshopped in to replace a revolver :wacko:

Zhunter,

I can meet all qualifications except having shot a SS match in '07

However, I have serious intent to do so in the immediate future.

Does dry firing count?

I am wondering if I could get a probationary membership.

What I lack in shooting history I can make up in elitist snobbery.

I may even get a JMB tatoo.

38Superman

45Superman

Edited by 38superman

Does dry firing count?

Hell, if dry firing counts, I'm in the "Men Who Have Dated A Sports Illustrated Swimsuit Model Club."

Dated? So that's what your calling "it" now? Is it still considered dry firing if you have a negligent discharge? :surprise:

Zhunter,

I can meet all qualifications except having shot a SS match in '07

However, I have serious intent to do so in the immediate future.

Does dry firing count?

I am wondering if I could get a probationary membership.

What I lack in shooting history I can make up in elitist snobbery.

I may even get a JMB tatoo.

38Superman

45Superman

45Superman

I suggest you make proper application and it will be considered

Does dry firing count?

Hell, if dry firing counts, I'm in the "Men Who Have Dated A Sports Illustrated Swimsuit Model Club."

Now THAT is funny

Does dry firing count?

Hey, what are you doing here?

Get back to the wheel gun forum where you belong. :goof::goof::goof:

45Superman

You just got membership application bonus points for that comment

Does dry firing count?

Dated? So that's what your calling "it" now? Is it still considered dry firing if you have a negligent discharge? :surprise:

Is that the teenage version of an AD??? :unsure:

Steve I have add your shoot to my calender.....Any body up for SS at the Texas Open?

Cool. It'll be great to have you. :cheers:

I'd join you guys for a SS squad in Waco, but I'm responsible for a match on the same day, and my partner in crime will be out of the country, so there's no one to pass it to. :(

Why the h@!! did Arthur schedule it off of his normal 3rd Saturday date?? :blink::wacko:

Edited by Steve J

Oh Zhunter.....wakey, wakey Jay!

Are you ever going to answer the question I asked (twice already for those counting)? I'm sure there are some other members that would like to know as well. Seems you're typing answers before you're finishing reading the questions, my man! Probably a good thing you didn't go into law or accounting :lol: