1911 Single Stack Elitist Club

zhunter

Merlin has founded the:

1911 Elitist / Snob Club

Merlin: Founding/Charter Member

Zhunter: Charter Member/New Member Nomination Committee Chairman

Club By-Laws;

1) Must own a 1911 Single Stack of original JMB Design, NO light railed guns

2) Must have proof of having competed in a Single Stack Division Match or a IDPA CDP Match dating back to January 1, 2007 inclusive

3) Previous use of ANY Polymer framed gun has to have been limited to Production Division

4) Any archived post attributed to you will that was/is deemed to be derogatory to the Single Stack Division is grounds for a lifetime ban.

5) Photo of both sides of your 1911 Single Stack must accompany membership application.

6) Proof of a USPSA Life-Membership number consisting of ONLY three digits will over-ride lack of two photos and proof of match participation

7) 1911 Elitist / Snob Club board has final say on all matters, there is NO SUCH THING AS ARBITRATION!!!!

This message was approved by Merlin

Edited by Merlin Orr

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Merlin has founded the:

1911 Elitist / Snob Club

Merlin: Founding/Charter Member

Zhunter: Charter Member/New Member Nomination Committee Chairman

Club By-Laws;

2) Must have proof of having competed in a Single Stack Division Match dating back to January 1, 2007 inclusive

Darn it! :angry2:

#1 also needs to excluded guns with those dorky looking race ready frames and the use of any add on magwell that is wider than normal 1911 grip panels when attached.

By the way, where do I sign up? :cheers:

Edited for semantics. :rolleyes:

Edited by Steve J

#1 also needs to excluded guns with those dorky looking race ready frames and the use of any add on magwell that is wider than normal 1911 grip panels when attached.

Steve

Merlin, as the Founding member, will have to address this issue, but being he is an advocate of magwells, I would suggust that, knowing our founding father is presently at lunch, DELETE the above immediately if you care to be considered for membership.

As a NOTE, this is NOT a democratic organization, so I suggest, play by the rules set forth, otherwise, go shoot your plastic gun. :devil:

By the way, where do I sign up?

I would suggest first deleting any suggestions you might have inadvertently posted, and then submit your membership application to the Nomination Committee Chairman, with appropriate photos of course

Edited by zhunter

:blink: Don't own a plastic gun. Don't even like plastic followers in my magazines. I would replace the plastic base pads with metal ones, but then they'd probably be illegal. I submit that no one is more of a 1911 elitist/snob than I.

Death to grossly large ugly mag wells. :devil:

Long live the esthetically appealing S&A mag well. :wub:

:D

:blink: Don't own a plastic gun. Don't even like plastic followers in my magazines. I would replace the plastic base pads with metal ones, but then they'd probably be illegal. I submit that no one is more of a 1911 elitist/snob than I.

Death to grossly large ugly mag wells. :devil:

Long live the esthetically appealing S&A mag well. :wub:

:D

Non-ownership of a polymer framed firearm will bode well to balance some of the remarks you have posted pertaining to our Founding Father's beloved magazine wells.

Feel free to submit application.

Edited by zhunter

No one can be a snob if they only pay $200 for a 1911!

I can only hope our founding father does not see the above!!!

BTW: Yesterday was the birthday of JMB...

Yes, we are well aware of the birthdate of JMB :wub:

Very nice, when do you expect to post the other side of the above 1911?

At THAT time the committee will begin reviewing your membership application

Set myself up for that one. :angry2: I never had a photo taken of the other side. Just some scroll work and campaign dates. I was always most fond of the left side with the image of the U.S.S. Battleship Texas. :wub:

Edited to add:

I don't have photos of my competition Baers, so I'll offer up more JMB 1911 eye candy.

RemingtonRandRS.jpgRemingtonRandLS.jpg

Edited by Steve J

Well gee willikers, count me in! Will there be Kool-Aid?

post-2337-1201202112.jpgpost-2337-1201201755.jpg

Nice wear on the slide frame!!

Nicely done taking the photos in a cocked and locked ready condition.

Membership APPROVED!!!

My membership must of been loss in the mail. Please send me another. :)

I would suggest just sitting by the mailbox and waiting unless you make a proper online application.

See above of Akidale's application.

Please note Aikidale has been observed participating in an approved SS match

I don't have photos of my competition Baers, so I'll offer up more JMB 1911 eye candy.

RemingtonRandRS.jpgRemingtonRandLS.jpg

Nice touch with the lanyard loop on the mainspring housing and lanyard in the photo!

Steve J

Membership Approved

Edited by zhunter

Please review these pics and consider my application :rolleyes:

Jim

th_PICT0102.jpg

th_PICT0103-1.jpg

VERY questionable grip configuration, but, weighing in your longtime love and admiration of the SS and your continued support of the division in your participation at the upcoming Double Tap...

Approved

Shooters with 3 digit USPSA number should be grandfathered in. Single Stack guns were all we had back then :P

Purists wouldn't have fiber optic sights on their guns, Jim.

Other than your signature line, do you have proof of your USPSA #?

The ambi safety might get you blackballed Jim. I'd delete those pics PDQ and post some without.

:cheers:

I believe that our founding father approves of ambi-safeties, but will let him weigh in on this issue upon his return from lunch.