Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

1911 Single Stack Elitist Club

zhunter

Oh Zhunter.....wakey, wakey Jay!

Are you ever going to answer the question I asked (twice already for those counting)? I'm sure there are some other members that would like to know as well. Seems you're typing answers before you're finishing reading the questions, my man! Probably a good thing you didn't go into law or accounting :lol:

Lay it out (your question) just one more time....? :mellow:

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I hereby submit my application for the 1911 Single Stack Elitist/Snob Club.

My bona fids are:

I own many 1911 type .45 pistols, Pics of some follow.

I bought my 1st 1911A1 in 1960 from DCM.

I have competed with the 1911 in competition.

1. In 2007 I shot one match in Single Stack Division.

2. In 1983, 84, 85 and 86 I competed in SOF matches using the 1911.

3. In 1988 I competed in the USPSA Nationals using the 1911.

4. From 1967 to my retirement from the Air National Guard I competed in Military and DCM Excellence in Competition matches, which at that time, mandated use of the 1911. In 1986 I earned enough points in the EIC matches to become a Distinguished Pistol Shot.

Here are some scanned pictures of my pistols, USPSA competitor badge from 1988 and my Air Force Distinguished Badge.

post-6529-1201309734.jpg

post-6529-1201309974.jpg post-6529-1201310056.jpg

A Colt Commander that is my carry gun and a Pre-70 Series Colt that was built by Shockley as a Ball gun for competition in EIC match.

post-6529-1201310211.jpg post-6529-1201310257.jpg

A Colt Gold Cup and the Remington-Rand that I bought in 1960.

post-6529-1201310359.jpg post-6529-1201310414.jpg

Pistols built by me and used in NRA competition. I made Master so they must have shot well.

post-6529-1201310570.jpg

A picture of me taken in 1984 at the end of the 1984 6th Army Area Pistol Championships. I shot a 2650 out of 2700 possible and came in 2nd overall.

I trust that this is enough evidence that I own and have competed with the 1911.

I remain your humble servant and await being inducted into the Elitist/Snob Club.

P.S. My USPSA membership number is TY2745. The USPSA web site says member since 1987, but I had joined in 1984, but let my membership lapse sometime from then to 1987.

Thanks.

Are you ever going to answer the question I asked (twice already for those counting)? I'm sure there are some other members that would like to know as well. Seems you're typing answers before you're finishing reading the questions, my man! Probably a good thing you didn't go into law or accounting :lol:

I was asking him what the difference was between a Non-Voting Regular Member and a Non-Voting Member. Do the Regular folks get more fiber in their diet or are there some perks? :lol:

Don't look now, but our brother G-manBart wants to be both a snob and an open SOB. You can't have it both ways, brother snob. ;)

Heck, I've known plenty of people that are both SNOB's and SOB's! They don't have to be mutually exclusive right? Can't we all just get along? :cheers:

I was asking him what the difference was between a Non-Voting Regular Member and a Non-Voting Member. Do the Regular folks get more fiber in their diet or are there some perks? :lol:

Just a matter of semantics.. Nothing of note. What you should consider Mr. (How many angels can dance on the head of a pin lets take em to task on the exact wording) G-ManBart is the difference between a Non Voting Member and a plain Non Member.... :closedeyes::devil:

Look below

Don't look now, but our brother G-manBart wants to be both a snob and an open SOB. You can't have it both ways, brother snob. ;)

And that is why he is under double secret probationary watch!!!!

Just a matter of semantics.. Nothing of note. What you should consider Mr. (How many angels can dance on the head of a pin lets take em to task on the exact wording) G-ManBart is the difference between a Non Voting Member and a plain Non Member.... :closedeyes::devil:

Our Founding Father has spoken, albeit with fork tongue :blush::devil:

I hereby submit my application for the 1911 Single Stack Elitist/Snob Club.

My bona fids are:

I own many 1911 type .45 pistols, Pics of some follow.

I bought my 1st 1911A1 in 1960 from DCM.

I have competed with the 1911 in competition.

1. In 2007 I shot one match in Single Stack Division.

2. In 1983, 84, 85 and 86 I competed in SOF matches using the 1911.

3. In 1988 I competed in the USPSA Nationals using the 1911.

4. From 1967 to my retirement from the Air National Guard I competed in Military and DCM Excellence in Competition matches, which at that time, mandated use of the 1911. In 1986 I earned enough points in the EIC matches to become a Distinguished Pistol Shot.

Here are some scanned pictures of my pistols, USPSA competitor badge from 1988 and my Air Force Distinguished Badge.

post-6529-1201309734.jpg

post-6529-1201309974.jpg post-6529-1201310056.jpg

A Colt Commander that is my carry gun and a Pre-70 Series Colt that was built by Shockley as a Ball gun for competition in EIC match.

post-6529-1201310211.jpg post-6529-1201310257.jpg

A Colt Gold Cup and the Remington-Rand that I bought in 1960.

post-6529-1201310359.jpg post-6529-1201310414.jpg

Pistols built by me and used in NRA competition. I made Master so they must have shot well.

post-6529-1201310570.jpg

A picture of me taken in 1984 at the end of the 1984 6th Army Area Pistol Championships. I shot a 2650 out of 2700 possible and came in 2nd overall.

I trust that this is enough evidence that I own and have competed with the 1911.

I remain your humble servant and await being inducted into the Elitist/Snob Club.

P.S. My USPSA membership number is TY2745. The USPSA web site says member since 1987, but I had joined in 1984, but let my membership lapse sometime from then to 1987.

Thanks.

DMS42

Outstanding Resume and application

Come on, I work for the government where the difference of one or two words can make all the difference...."shall versus may" sorta stuff. I wasn't complaining, just asking if there was a difference out of curiosity. Is there going to be a set of rules or bylaws published? I like to try and play within the rules...well mostly :P

Come on, I work for the government where the difference of one or two words can make all the difference...."shall versus may" sorta stuff. I wasn't complaining, just asking if there was a difference out of curiosity. Is there going to be a set of rules or bylaws published? I like to try and play within the rules...well mostly :P

Post #1 has a complete list of By-Laws!!!

Being I am bored, here ya go:

DSCN0078.jpg

Note the USPSA Life-Member # Serial Number :cheers:

DSCN0079.jpg

DSCN0084.jpg

Z....Life member number don't mean....what's in Paul W's Rooomba! Some of the good folks here were playing this game with single column 1911's (whether they had a comp or not) while you were chasing your balls around a pasture :D .

Z....Life member number don't mean....what's in Paul W's Rooomba! Some of the good folks here were playing this game with single column 1911's (whether they had a comp or not) while you were chasing your balls around a pasture :D .

Mis-Spent youth, what can I say? :blink:

Being I am bored, here ya go:

DSCN0078.jpg

Note the USPSA Life-Member # Serial Number :cheers:

DSCN0079.jpg

DSCN0084.jpg

The F/O sight does feel a little . . . well . . . wimpy. (just kidding Z . . . )

I will note the substantial rifling in your barrel though. In my humble, non-member, non-voting member, non-voting regular member opinion there should be some type of smooth bore requirement. And I ain't talking about barrel design. I'm talking about that age old process they use to smooth bore a barrel. I believe it's called shooting!!!! :P

And the mag well!!!! I mean, isn't that damn near the equivilant of a double stack?? :D

J

Edited by j1b

DMS42

Kinda like Gomer Pyle telling General MacArthur he can't come into the officer's club, if you ask me!! ;)

Perhaps a pat on the head will help..........Merlin???

If you get rid of all the guys who own 1911s equipped with fiber optics sights, I am willing to join.

I am going to have a look at your gun at SS Nationals, IF you are shooting a non-fiber optic front sight, I will make you an Honorary Member, and if you subsequently make a proper application, you will be a Voting Member.

Time will tell. :unsure:

DMS42

Kinda like Gomer Pyle telling General MacArthur he can't come into the officer's club, if you ask me!! ;)

Perhaps a pat on the head will help..........Merlin???

I think that Mr. Carmoney is looking for some special treatment, he has still not submitted a proper application that is complete.

I also think that General Patton would be all about the most modern of weapons and accessories.

Edited by zhunter

I'm an elitist (at least that's what all those non-greek letter folks thought back in school)... :cheers:

I sell more single stacks in a week, than most of ya'll own...how's that for snobbish!

I've shot an IDPA CDP match (with a $350.00 single stack) since 01/01/07.

Here's my favorite 1911:

Kimber1911007.jpg

Kimber1911003.jpg

I'm a wheelgunner who shoots SS half the season. All that extra ammo in SS is fun.

Here are my major and minor SS pistols.

Wilson1.jpg

Wilson2.jpg

Got to have the FO front sights for the old soldier eyes!

Additional references available from Cliff Walsh,Carmoney, and Mr. Overlay :blink:

Dave

I'm an elitist (at least that's what all those non-greek letter folks thought back in school)... :cheers:

I sell more single stacks in a week, than most of ya'll own...how's that for snobbish!

I've shot an IDPA CDP match (with a $350.00 single stack) since 01/01/07.

Here's my favorite 1911:

Kimber1911007.jpg

Kimber1911003.jpg

Middle Man

I'm a wheelgunner who shoots SS half the season. All that extra ammo in SS is fun.

Wilson1.jpg

Wilson2.jpg

Additional references available from Cliff Walsh,Carmoney, and Mr. Overlay :blink:

Dave

Nice Application

Good photos, You were well on your way to being rejected with references like Mr. Walsh and Mr. Carmoney, but Mr. Stevens on the list made it credible. I spoke with Mr. Stevens, and he has verified your character, in spite of your association with Messers Walsh and Carmoney

Wilson1.jpg

Wilson2.jpg

Dave

Nice Application

Good photos, You were well on your way to being rejected with references like Mr. Walsh and Mr. Carmoney, but Mr. Stevens on the list made it credible. I spoke with Mr. Stevens, and he has verified your character, in spite of your association with Messers Walsh and Carmoney

I was going to mention Aikidale and I are friends but was afraid it would tip the balance

Dave