Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

1911 Single Stack Elitist Club

zhunter

If you get rid of all the guys who own 1911s equipped with fiber optics sights, I am willing to join.

I am going to have a look at your gun at SS Nationals, IF you are shooting a non-fiber optic front sight, I will make you an Honorary Member, and if you subsequently make a proper application, you will be a Voting Member.

Time will tell. :unsure:

DMS42

Outstanding Resume and application

Kinda like Gomer Pyle telling General MacArthur he can't come into the officer's club, if you ask me!! ;)

Perhaps a pat on the head will help..........Merlin???

I think that Mr. Carmoney is looking for some special treatment, he has still not submitted a proper application that is complete.

I also think that General Patton would be all about the most modern of weapons and accessories.

Maybe not so much ;)

Patton carried a Colt Single Action Army even during WWII. He had two notches in it from chasing down Pancho Villas gang while serving under Blackjack Pershing :surprise:

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Can I play? Resume available upon request.

All original except grips. Made in 1917 as best I can tell...

247297384-S.jpg

247297424-S.jpg

247297528-S.jpg

OK, that is a piece of artwork!!! :wub:

Your dedication to the the Single Stack has been well documented.

Benny Hill

Status: Charter Member, Chairman of the Arbitration Committee

Here is a photo of one side of the first 1911 I tried to build from parts. (My later efforts look much better.) Despite being a little tough on the eyes, this gun has a Kart barrel and shoots frickin' great. This gun holds a special place in my heart, because I learned a lot about how 1911s function. Note I am only providing a photo of one side of the gun, as a protest to the arbitrary and capricious application process being used here.

post-4033-1201363816.jpg

Here is a photo of one side of the first 1911 I tried to build from parts. (My later efforts look much better.) Despite being a little tough on the eyes, this gun has a Kart barrel and shoots frickin' great. This gun holds a special place in my heart, because I learned a lot about how 1911s function. Note I am only providing a photo of one side of the gun, as a protest to the arbitrary and capricious application process being used here.

Carmoney

Status: Non-Voting Member on 7 days Probation for only submitting one gun photo

Can I be a junior member?

I have had 3 1911 Single Stackers, a Para 4.25", a Springer 3" and a Springer TRP. The Para and TRP have been doing CDP duty in IDPA and this will be my first year shooting USPSA.

10-8-2.jpg

10-8-1.jpg

I can certainly act like a junior elitist snob!

>>I am going to have a look at your gun at SS Nationals, IF you are shooting a non-fiber optic front sight, I will make you an Honorary Member, and if you subsequently make a proper application, you will be a Voting Member.<<

If you are nice, maybe I'll show you my 1953 Colt Government Model tricked out by Jim Clark in the fifties.

Edited by rgkeller

The one side photo could/would be accepted with no further comment .. IF.. it were the correct side....... :closedeyes:

Signed...Head Arbitrator...

Can I be a junior member?

I have had 3 1911 Single Stackers, a Para 4.25", a Springer 3" and a Springer TRP. The Para and TRP have been doing CDP duty in IDPA and this will be my first year shooting USPSA.

10-8-2.jpg

10-8-1.jpg

I can certainly act like a junior elitist snob!

Sethmark

Status: Junior Non-Voting Member, status subject to change upon completion of sufficient competition

>>I am going to have a look at your gun at SS Nationals, IF you are shooting a non-fiber optic front sight, I will make you an Honorary Member, and if you subsequently make a proper application, you will be a Voting Member.<<

If you are nice, maybe I'll show you my 1953 Colt Government Model tricked out by Jim Clark in the fifties.

Why don't you just submit proper application with said 1953 Gov't Colt

The one side photo could/would be accepted with no further comment .. IF.. it were the correct side....... :closedeyes:

He's the "Head Arbitrator" for like two hours, and already he's talking smack.....

I have not seen any action about the fiber optics yet.

This isn't my only single stack but it's the best one. :cheers: I also have a full set of Ernie Hill leather for it. :ph34r:

I shot an IDPA CDP match last summer but not with this gun. :unsure:

Most of my guns are older than some of the members here. :)

Bill

You are showing your age there....looks like an early 80's full profile two port comp job...state of the art just before the Supers came along...I have one too.... :lol:

Tloop

This isn't my only single stack but it's the best one. :cheers: I also have a full set of Ernie Hill leather for it. :ph34r:

I shot an IDPA CDP match last summer but not with this gun. :unsure:

Most of my guns are older than some of the members here. :)

Bill Nesbitt

status approved from my elitist / snob iPhone

I have not seen any action about the fiber optics yet.

Mr. Keller

When you submit a COMPLETE application, and IF said application is approved, I suggest at that time you take the matter of fiber optic front sights up with the Arbitration Committee Chairman

He's the "Head Arbitrator" for like two hours, and already he's talking smack.....

Yes, it appears that my appointment of Mr. Hill to the position of Abitration Committee Chairman was a very wise and solid choice! Our Founding Father and I are very happy with his work up to this point!

Yes, it appears that my appointment of Mr. Hill to the position of Abitration Committee Chairman was a very wise and solid choice! Our Founding Father and I are very happy with his work up to this point!

A brilliant, inspired appointment!

Mr. Kelly I find your posting inspirational on several points. :bow:

You have won a trophy.

It was before the latest SS craze.

Where most of us don't really use sights you make no pretense whatsoever..... :cheers:

Your membership request shall have my full backing at our super secret approval meeting.

Edited by Merlin Orr