Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

1911 Single Stack Elitist Club

zhunter

They is some FUNNY stuff going on in the "dark side" thread...

OH, bump back to the 1st page....

Webb, you can't shoot a gun with iron sights!

I've seen him try and it ain't pretty.

:cheers:

I started out in Limited, granted I only shot it for 3 months, and my first classification was "B"....That has been a Loooong time ago, way back in 05'. More like FORGOT instead of CAN'T.....we all make choices..

Randal

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Rule 3 nukes me, as I shot a polymer frame in Limited for a few months, but have since relegated it to the safeas of Oct. last year.

Rule 4 however... I did make an exemplary push to have a dedicated single stack section a few months ago. Does this balance out my 1911 karma?

Thanks. Am I the first person to get into both clubs using the same gun? :cheers::)

In light of the above, which I lifted from the SOB Thread, I hereby place Mr. Nesbitt on 7 days Probation

I was wrong. :unsure: I was just trying to have a little fun. Everything went all right until I got in trouble and got put on probation. :mellow: I guess that's the way it goes sometimes when we're just having fun. I now give my most sincere ;) apology to all the SNOBS here.

I would like to now provide a sincere application to the SNOBS. :)

I am enclosing pictures of both sides of some of my 1911s. Also a score sheet from 1982 when I shot one of my first IPSC matches plus a score sheet from 2007 when I shot in CDP. My USPSA number is A-4429. Not as low as others here but still, I have been shooting single stacks for a long time. :cheers: Perhaps this will help when my probationary period is over. ;)

post-2236-1201539406.jpg

post-2236-1201539434.jpg

post-2236-1201539459.jpg

Thanks. Am I the first person to get into both clubs using the same gun? :cheers::)

In light of the above, which I lifted from the SOB Thread, I hereby place Mr. Nesbitt on 7 days Probation

I was wrong. :unsure: I was just trying to have a little fun. Everything went all right until I got in trouble and got put on probation. :mellow: I guess that's the way it goes sometimes when we're just having fun. I now give my most sincere ;) apology to all the SNOBS here.

I am enclosing pictures of both sides of some of my 1911s. Also a score sheet from 1982 when I shot one of my first IPSC matches plus a score sheet from 2007 when I shot in CDP. My USPSA number is A-4429. Not as low as others here but still, I have been shooting single stacks for a long time. :cheers: Perhaps this will help when my probationary period is over. ;)

What a Tangled Wed you Wove ...Prepaire your self to be.....called ....Merlin's Boy

You have been trapped by you own trap ( Alamo is all over you) How ? can the Bullies Bully give an apology and still be a Bully? I will have to refer this to the Clan of SOBs for your Punishment

SOB !#1! :ph34r:

Edited by AlamoShooter

Rule 3 nukes me, as I shot a polymer frame in Limited for a few months, but have since relegated it to the safeas of Oct. last year.

Rule 4 however... I did make an exemplary push to have a dedicated single stack section a few months ago. Does this balance out my 1911 karma?

I think it would be wise to make application

You are looking good, and hey, only 6 more days

Here is my submission for the snob club. Yeah I was critical, but I've done a little SS dirty work in the day.

The two tone is my only Colt and was the first pistol I ever shot in an IPSC match. It was built at the Wilson Custom Shop.

The Silver blaster is the best 1911 I've ever owned (built by David Williams in the Springfield Custom Shop). Now, the two plaques were the only ones I could find. The CA Stockgun championship is a match I'd argue was my best ever. The Nationals one was the only I could find. This Metaloy gun was used in both. You have to look at the dates on the plaques though, because this was back when double stacks ruled limited (as they do now) but there was not SS or limited10 division. I know I've got a nats plaque around here better than 10th - but that's the one I could find so that's the one I used.

The shorty was built by John Nowlin and I'm proud to own that one.

The two armory coated guns are TRP's. One in .45 (that I used in many IDPA competitions several years ago) and one is a .38 Super that is just cool. One of the easiest shooting guns I've ever owned. Both built by David at Springfield. And like the Metaloy gun - they are accurate, reliable, and built to last!

So that's my submission.

J

Edited to add - looks like I compressed the pics too small so they don't expand much. The nats is from 95. The CA state stockgun plaque is 97' I think.

post-942-1201655643.jpg

post-942-1201655653.jpg

post-942-1201655665.jpg

post-942-1201655675.jpg

post-942-1201655687.jpg

Edited by j1b

With great regret, effectively immediately, mr. Bill Nesbitt's membership is revoked for posting a photo of and threatening to participate in a match using a polymer firearm.

This is totally unacceptable behavior that will not be tolerated!

We wish Mr. Nesbitt the best in his future endeavors.

I would be happy to trade you out of your excess 45acp :)

Would you be interested in a Wonderfull 3 legged Basset Hound??

Jim :D

Just because I've been thrown out of the elite club, it doesn't mean I can't still shoot my single stacks. :)

No thanks on the dog, it will just poop in my yard. :unsure:

Gentlemen - I hereby apply for membership.

I shot a single stack in Limited from 1995 until 2002 and in L10 from it's inception until 2002 (TY35133).

I was classified Sharpshooter in ESP and CDP in IDPA (A01184) with a Single Stack .40 and a Single Stack .45 respectively.

I've carried a single stack .45 since 1966.

Currently classified C in SS.

I can post the classifiers (several hundred) if you like.

All the photos I have are too big to post and I don't have Photoshop any more to shrink them down. Once it warms up I'll cut the quality down on the camera and take some more and try to post them.