Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Watching Dallas Lose

bountyhunter

I like it when the Cowboys lose.... even sweeter when they are monster favorites, playing at home, have a great record.... and they choked it big time.

Maybe it's mean, but I just can't stand the franchise. Long tradition of arrogance from the top down.

Edited by bountyhunter

Watching Dallas Lose, Does that make me a bad person?

Perhaps, yes. Over the years, I've gotten over enjoying watching Greenbay and Pitsburgh lose... maybe even Washington too.

Next year. How 'bout them Cowboys. :cheers:

:lol::lol::lol::D

Jones scheduled another face stretch. We watched him age 10 years pacing the sidelines. We also watched Romo break under pressure. Not good. Excellent 2nd half adjustments by the Giants. Both conference championships look like the best match ups in a while.

..oh yeah

GO PATS

:cheers:

Jim M

Maybe what everyone hates is the 5 SB rings the Cowboys have. No one hase more or has appeared in more Super Bowls than the boys. ---

I think you are correct or maybe its the cheerleaders. I also think that 13 years is long enough for the rest of us to get over the Cowboys past success.

Respectfully,

jkelly

Maybe what everyone hates is the 5 SB rings the Cowboys have. No one hase more or has appeared in more Super Bowls than the boys.

Maybe, but I doubt it. The 49'ers dominated for a while and nobody really hated them the way people hate the Cowboys. Jerry Jones just had a knack for making people hate him...... kind of like the Steinbrenner of football.

Some info on Jones:

After the 1993 Super Bowl victory, reports began to surface in the media that Jones had made the statement that "any one of 500 coaches could have won those Super Bowls" given the type of talent that Jones had drafted and signed for the team. Jones also stated to reporters at a late night cocktail party that he intended to replace Johnson with former University of Oklahoma coach Barry Switzer. The next morning, however, Jones famously denied those reports by stating that it "was the whiskey talking". Shortly thereafter, Switzer replaced Johnson as the Cowboys head coach.

Jones was named Enemy No. 1 (least favorite sports personality) by Sports Illustrated, in three states by opinion polls (Delaware, Texas, and Virginia).

Edited by bountyhunter

I think its just the obnoxious fans :) My mother-in-law is a Dallas fan (she also likes Alabama, an I went to Auburn) and is a pain in the butt.

I was avoiding pointing that out..... so I will thank you for doing it. :cheers:

Way back in about 1966, ABC ran a goofy show called "Land of the Giants" where a space ship landed on a distant planet where everybody was really big..... so each week they ran around next to giant props while pretending some huge guy was about to step on them.

I'll never forget the first time my dad walked in and sat down while we were watching the show. He looked at the "little" guys running around and said:

"That looks like a Texan with all the hot air let out of him." :rolleyes:

Edited by bountyhunter

Maybe what everyone hates is the 5 SB rings the Cowboys have. No one hase more or has appeared in more Super Bowls than the boys.

I think that is the reason that I hate them so much... :unsure: Oh and TO. Sure was niceto watch that grown man cry! :devil: