Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

I guess she don't trust me.

Flatland Shooter

It almost turned into a ritual at our house. She hides it, I have to find it.

First a little background. Both daughters and both grandsons live about 350 miles away. Close enough to visit on a regular basis but not close enough to get many surprise visits.

Since my wife deals better with young children (anyone under age 27, so that includes both daughters and both grandsons), she likes extended visits while I prefer a much shorter time frame. Not a problem. The wife stays and I come visit as time and temperament allows.

The wife's been in Oklahoma since Thanksgiving. A little longer stay than usual, but still no problem.

Every day she calls.

"Are the dogs OK?" "Yes, dear."

"Are the cats OK?" "Yes dear."

"Are you keeping the house under control?" "Yes dear."

"When was the last time you vacuumed?" "Yesterday dear."

Today she called and advised she's driving home Monday. She knows I'm shooting tomorrow and had other plans today. I've been ambushed. I've gotta give the dogs baths. I've gotta catch up on laundry. I've gotta clean the house.

Now for the rub. She's hidden the vacuum cleaner. Not the first time she's done this. Won't be the last. I refuse to give her the satisfaction of knowing I didn't keep up with my chores by asking "say dear, where did you put the vacuum cleaner".

I'm going through the house one last time. If it don't turn up fast I guess I'm gonna surprise her with a new vacuum cleaner.

Bill

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm going through the house one last time. If it don't turn up fast I guess I'm gonna surprise her with a new vacuum cleaner.

:lol: She's waiting to see how long it takes before you call looking for it. The clock has been running since the trunk closed. :surprise:

This is what trekkies refer to as a "Marriage Kobiashi Maru".

My solutions, and yours it would seem, have the same virtues as Kirk's in that they've never been tried. :goof: I double dog dare you. :devil: Buy her the new high zoot vacum and present as a (Birthday, Mother's Day, Valentine's Day, Anniversary Present) you just couldn't wait to give her. Now THERE'S an extreme sport. :goof:

yes, before you ask, I am divorced, and humor may have been a factor. :unsure:

Edited by dirtypool40

Buy a new vacuum...tell her it is her early birthday present. Tell her that apparently some jerk stole the old one, but you don't want her to do without.

Side note: A buddy of mine and I went fishing for a long weekend. His wife packed his suitcase. He got back and commented that she had forgotten to pack his underwear. Her reply... "it was in your tackle box.

Buddy

Wow, that sucks... +1 on what the other guys said. Buy a new vacuum cleaner. I wouldn't say or ask anything. Just buy it and let it sit there :D

EDIT: LOLLL @ D-Man's suggestion!

Edited by spook

As a follow up.

PROBLEM solved.

The local Kohl's department store is only 5 minutes from the house, has a nice selection of vacuum cleaners and the checkout line is not nearly as long there as at the Walmart across the street.

Since this is a "surprise", the key is to not get a vacuum cleaner identical to the one somewhere in the house, or you are busted. (Tougher than it sounds if you have no clue what the old one looks like other than maroon in color and plugs into the wall). And its got to be a little nicer than the one it replaces, or you wasted money.

This one is green, is not now nor has it ever been offered in maroon, and is "bagless". I'm hoping the old one used bags then we have our "improvement factor".

FWIW, she also did the same routine with the shoes I like to use at pistol matches. "Are you exercising like the doctor told you to?" "Why, yes dear." I just happen to find my shoes in the exercise room on the treadmill covered with a towel. I guess I got lucky. I just happened to need a towel and found them.

Time to assemble that green beauty and make sure it looks like its been used for the past month.

Bill

p.s. Thanks for all the encouraging remarks. Whats the old saying? "Keep your friends close ......."

I told my husband your story and his comment was, "Who cares where the vacuum is? Call a maid, they bring their own." How funny would that be? She gets back with the vacuum cleaner in her trunk but the carpet is showroom fresh! You might be able to have the maid to dust, clean the kitchen, etc for the cost of a new vacuum.

It has been my experience that vacuums and other household type items DO NOT count as birthday, anniversery, etc presents. Don't ask how I came across this bit of wisdom.

I think there might be an exception for this case......

I told my husband your story and his comment was, "Who cares where the vacuum is? Call a maid, they bring their own." How funny would that be? She gets back with the vacuum cleaner in her trunk but the carpet is showroom fresh! You might be able to have the maid to dust, clean the kitchen, etc for the cost of a new vacuum.

That is a great idea, but not what I would do.

I would.........

Just leave it dirty, set a low standard and not much will be expected of you in the future.

ps: Like DP, I am divorced.........

Maybe this line of thinking contributed to that, I don't know :blink:

That is a great idea, but not what I would do.

I would.........

Just leave it dirty, set a low standard and not much will be expected of you in the future.

ps: Like DP, I am divorced.........

Maybe this line of thinking contributed to that, I don't know :blink:

YUP!