Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Nationals Slots-Who got the call?

AZGunut

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I got the call Friday. The wife said ok. Looks like I am going. Haven't been to a Nationals in about 10 years. Looks like I am going to have to practice . Whats that? :rolleyes:

GO gett'm D. ;)

Kinda be nice if they posted a list somewhere with your USPSA number. :D

Edited by JThompson

Slot policy is posted on the USPSA Nationals website. Look at the right side of the home page for a link to Word, or pdf format.

Link to pdf

http://www.uspsa-nationals.org/downloads/S...002_kimedit.pdf

Cool. Thanks for the reference. "out-of-area competitors are eligible for overall and category slots but not class slots"

:D

:( Dang I won 1st A at area 2 and I don't get a slot :( somebody call me a Waambulance <_<

Same here, won my class at Area 8 but even though the match was held only an hour away from my house "no slot for you" because I live just across the border into Area 5 land. I shoot probably 95% of my matches in Area 8 because even local matches in Area 5 are generally 2+ hours away versus 1 hour in Area 8.

Alamo, go ahead and send that Waambulance up this way after they swing by your place..... :lol:

Got mine, for last year's Area 4. Had to turn down last year's Open Nats slot because I couldn't afford to go to Montana - got in on the waiting list and shot Lim/Prod Nats with a Glock instead (eek). Had a blast anyway, but it will be much more fun this year with an open gun! :cheers:

When is it, generally, that the sections hear on the remaining slots to be distributed? I'm hoping for a trip to Tulsa... :rolleyes:

eta: And since, if I go, it'd be fun to shoot both nats, how does the wait list work?

Edited by kevin c

I guess my search-fu is weak, because I couldn't find it, so I emailed Kim, and yes, I have a slot for my placement in the ladies category. They don't call returning champions, they just send those slots out automatically, because returning champions rarely decline a slot. If I had thought to search for THAT, I'd have found it here: http://www.brianenos.com/forums/index.php?...pions&st=25

Slots won't be mailed until February.

Just posting for someone else's future reference. :)

Edited by flyingchange

I just got my call today! I am a little stunned :surprise: I got it from my performance at the Area 6 this last year. I do OK but I was not expecting this. My first dumb question is, how much is the entry fee? My next dumb question...am I a fool if I turn it down? Bussiness is not great right now in the construction industry but the match is not until september. If I accept and then can't go what happens? Be kind... I have only been shooting for 4 years and not very seriously at that. No hisses from the gallery but I don't practice unless matches count!

Chuck, usually the "slot" means you get to shoot the match for $50 less than those without a slot, plus you are guaranteed an entry in the match as opposed to possibly being on a waiting list without a slot. I got a call today resulting from Area 6 last year.

I just got my call today! I am a little stunned :surprise: I got it from my performance at the Area 6 this last year. I do OK but I was not expecting this. My first dumb question is, how much is the entry fee? My next dumb question...am I a fool if I turn it down? Bussiness is not great right now in the construction industry but the match is not until september. If I accept and then can't go what happens? Be kind... I have only been shooting for 4 years and not very seriously at that. No hisses from the gallery but I don't practice unless matches count!

The match fee is $250. If you're not sure, go ahead and accept the slot, you can always turn the slot back in if you change your mind before the deadline, and it will go to the next person on the waiting list. But if you *decline* and then change your mind, there's no way they can get it back for you, and you'd have to sign up on the waiting list.

Got the call yesterday for A1 second B limited (14th overall..yahooooo!) The funny thing was, I thought it was a joke. USPSA called and left a message and I was thinking to myself, "Why the heck is this guy calling me about a match I shot almost 6 months ago wanting to know if I am going to attend another match in another 9 months?!!?"

I was pleasantly suprised. Fist area match and my first pistol Nationals! Only bad part is I am an A shooter now and only about 3% away from M. Yikes!! :blink: Oh well. You know what they say, Let er' rip 'tater chip!!!

TG