Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

What do you do with empty powder bottles?

Craigar45

Anyone have any good uses for empty powder bottles? I have a whole bunch of 1lb bottles from hodgden that I just wish I could think of a good use for. What have you done with yours?

C

I have one at the end of my spent-primer tube. Figured it was a tad safer than the beer bottle just in case I decapped a live one. Another is cut off and used as a bullet scoop to feed the KISS out of bulk boxes.

The other dozen ... I keep looking for uses for. ;)

As suggested above, when you buy an 8# jug, fill up the 1#ers and throw a pack of dessicant on top of each.

Related question - after all the tables in your home after drink coasters on them, what do you use empty primer trays for? They really pile up fast - must be a clever use for them...?

/Bryan

I turned a 1# Viht. container into a chute for the "deglocking" die the good Dr. Dunn sent me.

I've used the 4# jugs, weighted with spent primers and the bottoms covered with duct tape, as activators for stage props.

Until recycled, spent primers get stored up in a couple.

The rest hang around until I dump them in the recycling bin.

How'about planting pot in them.... :lol:

Hey, the Hippie thread is that way>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>. :goof:

I buy 4 or 8 lbs now so no more 1 lb jars, wife buys clear spaggetti sauce jugs that are better for brass and ammo so the 1lb jars get chucked.

Never thought of recycling spent primers any money in it ?

I use the 8# jugs to store my super secret USPSA explosive motion lotion. I make sure that I leave just a little gunpowder in each. Then I add the secret ingredients in just the right proportions. This includes a 151 proof liquid, some kickass hot sauce, a banana for needed trace minerals and an extra large pinch of MSG. A cupfull of this just before a stage will result in times approximately 2/3 of what you'd realize without it. WARNING - Don't pass gas if you drink this concoction. If you must, be sure your backside is pointed safely down range to prevent breaking the 180, :rolleyes:

Edited by XD Niner

I use the 8# jugs to store my super secret USPSA explosive motion lotion. I make sure that I leave just a little gunpowder in each. Then I add the secret ingredients in just the right proportions. This includes a 151 proof liquid, some kickass hot sauce, a banana for needed trace minerals and an extra large pinch of MSG. A cupfull of this just before a stage will result in times approximately 2/3 of what you'd realize without it. WARNING - Don't pass gas if you drink this concoction. If you must, be sure your backside is pointed safely down range to prevent breaking the 180, :rolleyes:

:surprise: wow