Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Reloading Benches

Jerome Poiret

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's not much, but is functional. Press: Dillion RL550b on strong mount. I currently have quick change for .223 and .40 s&w, with 45 acp on the wish list. The workbench I picked up on Craigslist for $80 and has solid oak top. And it's solid. The drawers house all my other tools, dies, stuff, you know. The cabinet is where I keep my tumbler, powder in a box, scale when not on bench. Speaking of the scale, I traced a ring around the adjustment part and if I put it in the same place every time it's balanced or close to it with little adjustment. The table on the left has RCBS Partner press I use for extra stuff, decapping, pulling bullets, etc. and I can move it around to wherever I'm working. The rack on the right shelves my cases in plastic bins from Dollar Tree, the garbage can is full of brass, file thingy with manuals, notebook, books, etc. and I sto my Super Swage there. I mounted swage on a block that I can move around or take inside and swage on the coffee table while watching TV. The pegboard is handy for keeping tools I find myself using a lot. Lastly, before y'all try and pull my Mancard, the ironing board is for setting my guns on behind me while I'm working. Folds up, it's padded, and sto's easily!

Oh, and I mounted my Dillon left of center so I still have room to work to the right and it doesn't stick me in the corner while reloading. Like I said, not much but works for me!

P1010025.jpg

P1010022.jpg

P1010024.jpg

P1010028.jpg

P1010026.jpg

Edited by Striker9

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

It's a cool little stand. Pretty stable, but there is a little movement. I've got the magazines on the base of it to help to stabilize the stand and eliminate any wobble, and I usually put my foot on it as well. It's not perfect, but it doesn't hold me back from cranking out rounds.

Reloading Stand

• 2 weeks later...

Here is my bench made about a year ago and finaly putting up the pictures.. from 2x4's and deck screws very solid (from left to right)! 1st pic I'm clamping the 2x4's together, the 2nd pic im routing the legs at once saves time and work, 3rd is the back of the front of my bench, 4th I'm connecting all sides flushed pre drilled the using deck screws, 5th I notched out the 4 corners to seat bottom 2 shelves and screwed down with deck screws all around about 6in apart then screwd down the top of bench also with deck screws, the. 6th picture is the compleated lower half of the bench still had to add the top shelves..

post-24363-0-37445600-1316620882_thumb.j

post-24363-0-72866400-1316620902_thumb.j

post-24363-0-61304200-1316620970_thumb.j

post-24363-0-61880900-1316621025_thumb.j

post-24363-0-09076800-1316621055_thumb.j

post-24363-0-25764400-1316621122_thumb.j

Edited by MARKAVELI

My finished reloading Bench... 3Ft High, 4Ft wide and 28in depth very solid,.. like I said had this mounted in and against my bedroom wall. You can see my tower to my headboard. Again its a picture from almost going on 2 years just bought a house so I removed the top shelf and added 2in to the bottom to match the other work bench that came with the house in the garage.. I will post an updated picture soon!

post-24363-0-07625200-1316626944_thumb.j

• 2 weeks later...

Wow!!! some really nice setups. Makes me ashamed to post a pic of mine with its collection of LEE presses lol...

Why? I got several...they're the biggest reason I ordered a RL550 from Brian. The Lee dies and any of their older basic turret or single stage presses are absolutely world class. Their "progressive" presses? Not so much. How Lee can get most of their ideas dang near perfect yet come up with not one BUT TWO bad primer handling designs. Pro 1000 is only slightly better than the loadmaster. On the Loadmaster the choice of soft(er) plastic in the primer trough cover which allows easy damage by a twisted primer was bad, but the design of the primer shuttle itself manages to triple the chance of crapping up both. There is no fix, you have to replace them. I followed all the paper and video tutorials. I took both systems apart until I could do it in my sleep. I know "how" and "why" they fail...I just couldn't make the stock system work. I reached a point where I was going to have to design and machine my own replacement parts...no worries, I work at a machine shop. Then I had a thought...WHY was I going to do all this work? Surely there was a better way....fast forward till I ordered my Dillon.

post-34845-0-27842700-1317597984_thumb.j

• 3 weeks later...

Not a fancy set you like most of yall with the Dillions...but it pumps out some loads. once I rearrange and add on to my bench I will have my RCBS and my shot shell reloader mounted. I really dont care if i take up my whole garage..its for parking bullets, kayaks, and 4wheelers. The trucks can sit outside :Dpost-31846-0-27763400-1319460710_thumb.j

Here is my bench. I bought it from Sams club. Anchored it to 2 studs in the wall and it is rock solid! I am going to add a 650 with case feeder in the near future. Probably going to buy another bench and put it on the other wall for a flat surface for gun cleaning and other activities!

post-34074-0-61949300-1319955558_thumb.j