Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Open Competition Holsters

38supPat

Just changed from a Limcat to a CR Speed as I was scaring myself pushing the draw aggressiveness in the Limcat trying to get to my Open M card.

I now feel I get a better grip and second shot with a little resistance on the draw. Kind of like how the drop offset guys feel in limited.

Slower is faster? Performance over looks? Consistency over sexy?

I switched from Safariland to CR for retention purposes. I was afraid the CR would slow down my draw but that has not happened. Something I did not realize until I changed holsters was how stressed I was by the fear of dropping my gun. (Did it at two different local matches. Neither time during a course of fire.)

The Safariland is a good holster but just didn't work for me or my Para. The CR Speed turns out to be ideal.

Bill

None of the above. The Guga is the best. :)

Thats what I hear, but I've been trying to get on since June without any luck! :angry2:

Keep checking SSI literally daily. I have e-mailed back and forth with the product rep at the distributor on a related issue and asked about availability as a general issue. They had a problem with the contractor that annodized the holster bodies so they had to find another vendor. They also were only going to offer black in the future....not sure if that means any remaining stock would be in colors or not and he said a shipment just went out. It's got to get here, clear customs, etc, but it should be literally any day. I'm ordering another just so I don't have to worry about it if I break the one I've got.

I used a safariland 012 for a long time but change to limcat. A while back tried to use my safariland and could not. It was to slow and to much drag. If any one wants a safariland 012 carbon fiber look $90 and it is yours shipped.

What is a gugas, I have never heard nor seen one where can you go to get a look at one. :cheers:

Edited by mcattack

I have a new ghost, and so far I like it. I donot think the gun will fall from a locked holster, just be sure it is seated well after the load and make ready.

I didn't think so either, but it really did happen. :angry2:

I need to see a guga with people talking this positive

I have also been through LIMCAT, Ghost, and CR and finally settled on the Guga. I found the Ghost lock to be secure but cumbersome. The LIMCAT lock on both of the ones I owned was not positive enough for me, no detent, and therefore was too easy to unlock accidentally. The second time I dropped my gun accidentally out of the LIMCAT during a walk through I gave up on it. I only have positive feedback on the Guga after using one for 2+ years.