Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Florida Open 2008

So, how did prizes and guns being given out go? I heard they gave away 107 guns!!! Wow.

No gun for you!!!!!! ;)

I heard you had lots of fun shooting at the poppers and plates. :P:P

Stage 7 (Louisiana) started out with 8 shots on paper, 2 USPSA poppers and a plate, all at about 30 yards. I saw many a standing reload occurr at the starting position trying for those 3 steel, even the Open guys!

While the frustration was fresh in mind from stage 7, Stage 8 (Illinois) started out with 4 plates from 25 - 30 yards away ... many a shooter ran his gun dry at that first position. The folks that had their guns zeroed at 10-15 yards (and did not know where they printed at 30) paid the price on these 2 stages.

...and the 25 yard swinger on stage 8, the targets that disappeared if you took an extra step... I saw a couple of guys that actually ran out of ammo and couldn't complete that stage.

• Replies 286
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Paid a price, Yeah that's an understatement. I didn't think 2 inch plates at 100 yards (that's how it looked to me) was a very nice way to treat your guests. The match did run very smooth no down time for my squad.

If it's not too much trouble, Max and I are asking people who took photos of us @ the Florida Open to share their pics. Since we were right after another on the shooting order, it was impossible to take photos of each other as we shot. We need them for work and we would appreciate if anyone could help us out!

Thanks everyone!

Please forward the e-mails to lee.dimac@gmail.com

If it's not too much trouble, Max and I are asking people who took photos of us @ the Florida Open to share their pics. Since we were right after another on the shooting order, it was impossible to take photos of each other as we shot. We need them for work and we would appreciate if anyone could help us out!

Thanks everyone!

Lee, while speaking of Pic's, why do you have a Picture of KC as your avatar? :P

I am pretty sure that Bronson got a few of you over your last few stages.

Thanks everyone!

I didnt break the camera out until sunday afternoon after I was finished shooting but I did get some good shots of you two on stages 8 and 9. let me do some more tweaking and I will send. here are a couple I already worked on for all to see.

post-11093-1202753275.jpg

post-11093-1202753295.jpg

Thanks everyone!

I didnt break the camera out until sunday afternoon after I was finished shooting but I did get some good shots of you two on stages 8 and 9. let me do some more tweaking and I will send. here are a couple I already worked on for all to see.

here are a few pictures of some random shooters, if anyone knows them see if they want the pictures and I can send them.

post-11093-1202755692.jpg

post-11093-1202755703.jpg

post-11093-1202755719.jpg

post-11093-1202755730.jpg

post-11093-1202755740.jpg

So, how did prizes and guns being given out go? I heard they gave away 107 guns!!! Wow.

No gun for you!!!!!! ;)

I heard you had lots of fun shooting at the poppers and plates. :P:P

Man, that's not funny. I want to appologize to anyone that may have witnessed my performance, or lack of on the Illinois stage. I understand it may have caused a few injuries from laughing your @sses off. If you thought it was ugly from the peanut gallery, you should have been behind the gun. But, on the bright side, XDNiner did NOT get it on video tape. I don't think I've ever done three reloads on one stage with an open gun EVER and I hope I never do again. It felt like I was shooting L-10 with all those mags laying on the ground.

Despite his somewhat inauspicious start on Stage 8, Fireant still managed a third place in Open B against some pretty tough competition. :cheers: The suspense was killing the rest of Squad 27. We didn't know if he would have enough ammo to complete the match since he'd only brought a couple of hundred extra rounds with him. :devil:

I could kick myself for not getting his indescribable Stage 8 performance on tape. I could have made a lot of blackmail money off of that one. I can't even repeat the numerous and varied adjectives he used for those itty bitty steel plates located waaaaaaaaay out there because the moderators would have to delete this thread. :lol: Suffice it to say that the rear berm on that bay is now in danger of collapse due to the amount of copper and lead he deposited into it.

here are a few pictures of some random shooters, if anyone knows them see if they want the pictures and I can send them.

I don't know contact info - but the first two are Kaci Cochran, the 3rd is Jamieson Ross from Canada, 4th is Bill Munier. I don't know who the last one is... ;)

I don't know contact info - but the first two are Kaci Cochran, the 3rd is Jamieson Ross from Canada, 4th is Bill Munier. I don't know who the last one is... ;)

The last guy is Mike Thomas from North Tennessee Practical Shooters.

The only question is, why is he shooting an open gun?

Mike, YOU ARE A LIMITED GUY.

The dark side claims another Jedi. :ph34r:

Edited by 38superman

Man, What a blast. I had a great time at my 1st Fl. Open and I'll be back next year. Congrats Shannon, Max, Dave, Jeff D., Ricardo (the guy is AMAZING with revolver) and all the other deserving winners.

Edited by Bigbadaboom

QUOTE(CHRIS KEEN @ Feb 11 2008, 03:22 PM)

Heck I thought it was Chris Patty ............ just look at that "mongoose face"

He better be careful, I think Chris copyrighted that face....UNLESS he paid a "user" fee.....

I guess he can slide this time since "the face" is still patent pending. :cheers:

Edited by cpty1

Seems like all the other members of squad 27 have posted about the match so I guess I should too!

I too enjoyed it very much except for the last minute, pre-match, gun issues. I especially liked the Kentucky stage, don't see this type of stage too often. Liked the whole concept of it and the only negative was the blast from the open gun inside the cave. Martin almost had his glasses blown off! Long distance steel...........piece of cake! 8 yard open shots............another story :angry2:

My thanks too for all the hard work of all the RO's and other staff. The Florida Open is my "treat" each

Winter as it gets me away from NH snow and cold for a few days. Will be back again for many years to come. Steve, look forward to shooting with you again in 09. We HAVE to get it right one of these years!!!!

Lastly, thanks to Frank Garcia. He was the guy who got me started in this great sport 4 years ago. Without his teaching and encouragement, I would not be enjoying this as I am now.

See you all next year.

Thanks everyone!

Congrats on first Master! Nice shooting!

My thanks too for all the hard work of all the RO's and other staff. The Florida Open is my "treat" each

Winter as it gets me away from NH snow and cold for a few days. Will be back again for many years to come. Steve, look forward to shooting with you again in 09. We HAVE to get it right one of these years!!!!

Enjoyed it too, Glyn! Great squad, and nice putting names to the faces I didn't know -- XDNiner, FireAnt, Kenny...The squad was certainly the highlight of the match, for me.

I don't think I'll ever drive again. 10 hours alone in the truck on Sunday, on I-95 was pretty miserable; especially having shot poorly for two days straight. :blink:

Oh - thinking back - that 1/2 format was interesting. Very little waiting. Nice!

Edited by boo radley