Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Florida Open 2008

Is there any word on a start time for Friday, or just "first Light"

The current schedule is:

shooting starts Friday at 7:30 AM with a 30 minute break for lunch.

Sat & Sun morning group - 7 AM.

Sat afternoon group 1 PM

Sun afternoon group 12:10 PM

Any changes will be posted on here.

• Replies 286
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Will the range be open Thursday to check out the stages?

The range will be open and the RO's will be shooting on Thursday. Spectators will be free to walk around and see what they can see, but will not be able to walk through the stages while the RO's are shooting them. If a stage is unattended, you are free to walk through, without touching anything, as long as you are not disturbing or delaying the flow of the match.

The ability to walk the stages will be at the RM"s discretion. If people are disrupting the operation of the stages, he will declare the stages off limits to all that are not shooting, and you would have to watch from the spectator areas.

Is there any word on a start time for Friday, or just "first Light"

The current schedule is:

shooting starts Friday at 7:30 AM with a 30 minute break for lunch.

Sat & Sun morning group - 7 AM.

Sat afternoon group 1 PM

Sun afternoon group 12:10 PM

Any changes will be posted on here.

Thanks for posting the times.

WOW... you guys like to start early.

I guess that there will be many shooters then?

Roughly what do you expect the squad sizes to be?

Historically there have been 300+ shooters for the open.

I am not sure about the number of squads, or exactly how big they will be, but 10 to a squad is about as much as they usually want.

• 2 weeks later...
Weather looks good over the next 7-10 days. I hope it holds out and is nice when the shooting starts.

Shhhhhh! :surprise:

Don't jinx us, if you shot last year you'll remember the weather when we started Saturday morning! I also remember the blizzard that cancelled all flights out of the Northeast and changed my travel plans in a hurry.

So, let the weather gods sleep peacefully. Thanks. :)

Anybody know how late range staff will be on the range Thursday? I would like to pick up my ammo if I can get there in time.

I know that the range staff does not have an early start so they will likely be there for most of the day. I would guess that they will be there until after 5:00pm

Leo,

Any idea which vendors will be there? I would like to place orders in advance if possible. Also, for those of us that can't remember what we had for breakfast, is there a way to verify for which time slot we signed up? :blink: Thanks.

Leo,

Any idea which vendors will be there? I would like to place orders in advance if possible. Also, for those of us that can't remember what we had for breakfast, is there a way to verify for which time slot we signed up? :blink: Thanks.

As for time slot, email Wadette: wadette@embarqmail.com

she will have the information you want.

Edited by nhglyn

Also, for those of us that can't remember what we had for breakfast, is there a way to verify for which time slot we signed up? :blink: Thanks.

Yet another reason I signed up for the Friday "blast". I'd do that same thing as you Jack and forget when I was supposed to be there!!! :lol:

T-minus 6 days. :) Just got done sighting the gun in and running some long distance drills. I havent shot in awhile and the suprisingly warm weather up her in NJ is a welcome sight. This match is an overlong due vacation, gotta get away every couple of months. Should be a great time, cant wait. We should have an Enos forum meet and greet while were down there. Anyone up for a good conversation and beer or beers! H

:cheers:

I'd definitely be interested in meeting up with some BEnosers, especially one from Jersey!! I just found out I'm moving back down there March 1st, and need to plan where I'm gonna be shooting all year. I'm staying at the green gables, from friday night until Sunday, I'll be the young guy(23) all by himself cause his friends are lazy. Beers sound good right now, it's cold in VT. I can't wait to get down to some warm weather. YAY!!!!!

I'd definitely be interested in meeting up with some BEnosers, especially one from Jersey!! I just found out I'm moving back down there March 1st, and need to plan where I'm gonna be shooting all year. I'm staying at the green gables, from friday night until Sunday, I'll be the young guy(23) all by himself cause his friends are lazy. Beers sound good right now, it's cold in VT. I can't wait to get down to some warm weather. YAY!!!!!

Andy, you're leavin us? Say it ain't so!

Leo, Ive shot in enough rain last year to last me a lifetime. The topper was the nationals, it would be nice to start the year off with a dry, pleasant, mild, yet brisk two days of lazy swingers, easy shots, simple starts, no noshoots and of course a HOA win! Oh who am I kiddin, If theres no pain theres no gain. BRING IT! Oh and the GIANTS WON! I can see a pattern here. ;)

Just heard from Jack Norris. He will be at the Open and will have primers, powder, and parts for sale. He can drop ship Hornady bullets as well. I am waiting on prices. If you have anything in particular you need, give him a call so that he can get you squared away. FYI.

Just heard from Jack Norris. He will be at the Open and will have primers, powder, and parts for sale. He can drop ship Hornady bullets as well. I am waiting on prices. If you have anything in particular you need, give him a call so that he can get you squared away. FYI.

Do you have a phone number? Thanks.

Do you have a phone number? Thanks.

Here's the link to his website:

http://www.practicalshooting.com/