Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

What has been your worst car?

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

All American vehicles we owned that were manufactured between 1970 and 1990 were complete, utter POS's. The only marginally good one was a 1977 GMC crew cab p/u.

An entire generation of terrible cars...wow..

My first one when I was 17, a 1949 buick stright 8 with no fenders front or rear, & painted green with 8 cans of spray paint. Would sometines start & used a quart a week. The girls went wild for it, YEH.

It did have one interesting safety feature -- I knew if the brakes ever failed I could just turn on the A/C 'cause it would almost stop in it's tracks.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Pinto Jake Brake!!!

What did it sound like, a small burro passing gas???

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Excellent!!!

My first vehicle was a 1960 Ford F100 pickup...great truck, built like a tank...I loved it.

The worst piece of shit I owned was a 1982 Mercury Lynx, man what a piece of shit that thing was. That thing still makes me mad and I got rid of it about 17-18 years ago....LMAO

Tie for the worst:

1968 Volvo S145 wagon . . . Wouldn't start if the temperature went below 20 degrees . . . POS

1983 Plymouth Horizon . . . The repair receipts totals were more than the car was new . . .

Edited by Mig

My first one when I was 17, a 1949 buick stright 8 with no fenders front or rear, & painted green with 8 cans of spray paint. Would sometines start & used a quart a week. The girls went wild for it, YEH.

It was that revolving eye ball Benny, not the car.... :rolleyes:

'67 Ford Mustang hardtop and '68 Ford Mustang convertable.

After buying them, I soon realized these old "cool" cars, suck way more gas and are uncomfortable as hell to drive. I liked my 88 Mustang though. If I had the extra $, I'd just buy a new Mustang. Looks similiar to the old ones and has all the new features, like legroom.

The worst car I've ever owned is probably the 2006 Ford Escape I'm now leasing. The best was the 1972 Pontiac Catalina w/455 & 2.31 rear end, turned the air cleaner cover over & sounded like a jet. The most fun was a 1965 1/2 Mustang hardtop 4 barrel, 4 on the floor & positraction. Could get rubber in 4th gear.

Ford Pinto station wagon.It was about 10 years old when I got it.The ignition switch was broke so you had to hotwire it.The transmission leaked so bad that it went through 2 quarts of fluid a week.One of the tie rods broke while in rush hour traffic and the biggest pisser of all was it finally died on me while going to meet up with a female pro wrestler I had met earlier that day :angry2:

My first car. It was a 1965 turbocharged Corvair that I bought for $475. It was a very economical ride since it spent 75% of its time in the shop. What a POS but I was so proud of my first wheels! :rolleyes:

My first car. It was a 1965 turbocharged Corvair that I bought for $475. It was a very economical ride since it spent 75% of its time in the shop. What a POS but I was so proud of my first wheels! :rolleyes:

$475!!!! Holy Smoke!!!!

in '73 my buddy bought a 63 corvair for $25.00. I don't think think it was worth half that. 1st and reverse didn't work so when we got to school a couple of u swould get out and push him into the parking spot.

My worst vehicle was a 2001 Chevy Silverado. The thing rattled like they forgot to tighten a lot of fastners. I didn't even have it 6 months and I get a recall notice. I took it in to replace the tail gate cables. They were suppose to replace them with stainless steel ones like Ford uses, but they didn't have them in stock so they put the same ones on that came with the truck. They said they would call me when the stainless came in. Well, they never called and the cables broke in less than a year. I took it back. They wouldn't give me the cables to replace myself. (10 minute job) So I had to wait about 2hrs for them to do it. Anyway, in the next two years I received 3 more recalls for various things including the brakes. I got rid of the Silverado and bought a GMC Canyon 2005-- guess what ? another piece of junk. My buddies kept telling me to buy a Ford F-150--man I should have listened.

1) 1985 E-150 Ford Econoline van.

2)1967 F-150 Ford Pick Up.

The '67 needed headers to not die at stop signs and stop lights.

And yes the engine and carb had been rebuilt and reset.

Proudly Ford free for over twenty years and will never own another.

FM

My 1993 Mitsubishi Montero was one that I hated to love! Great truck-based SUV, very Daktari-like. But after one tranny and two engines I gave up on it.

The car that I've liked the most was another electric nightmare: My 1999 Jetta Wolfsburd Ed. Power windows worked only part-time (really bad in Puerto Rico weather), sound system was about the same especially the factory changer. The seats were not designed for tropical sun and heat and faded really badly. But it drove NICE!! My only euro car to date. Will have another some day. Maybe a 2005 Cayenne. (I'll buy that one in 2012)

1984 Ford Ranger, 4cyl., 2WD., long bed.

It is hard to believe that the engineers and R&D for that truck made it past the second grade. Retarded people would not have let that one out on the street. I wouldn't trust them cleaning toilets.

One fundamental life principal of which I'm increasingly convinced is that one issues from the womb pre-ordained as a GM man, a Ford man, or a Chrysler man, and God help you if you get it wrong. I'll come back to that in a minute...

After long family tradition of Fords, the sole Chevy (Impala) in the litany was reasonably reliable. I "inherited" it as my first car when the family reverted to Fords after its 2nd (or 3rd, I really don't remember) transmission.

Needless to say, its behavior continued to worsen (read that as its 4th or 5th transmission - I'd lost count by that time), and I traded it in on an Oldsmobile. Big mistake - it was so bad, I sold it, and bought a Ford T-Bird.

Reason lost out to lust when I traded the unfailingly reliable T-Bird in on... a Trans-Am, which was SO awful I traded it for a Colt 1911 (there's a theme here, stay with me) - and bought... an American Motors (Jeep Cherokee).

Continuing my march down the path of insanity/stupidity (take your pick), I find out the bloody thing has a Chevy (2.8L 60deg V6 - I'm sure there's those with Blazers and S-10's out there that remember this particular POS) engine in it when - carefully maintained, oil changed every 3K miles, et al - it spun a rod bearing and broke the crank.

I'm nothing if not (stupidly) stubborn, so, short-block the truck, and - voilà - at 108K miles it does it again.

At that point, I was so disgusted with it I had a lower end kit slapped in and started parking it anywhere and everywhere with the key in it, praying someone would steal it.

Alas, even the thieves knew to flee in horror, and, at 115K miles (having already developed an almost imperceptible, but obvious, rod knock), I traded it to a fellow at work for an AR - and I definitely got the better end of the deal...

My vote? Anything made by American Motors - but most especially if 1) it has a Chevy engine, and/or 2) you're a Ford guy, know it, and flaunt the Car Gods...

(Before you Bow-Tie fans excoriate me - I refer you to my original premise. A dear friend put nearly a quarter million miles on the same engine in his S-10, with nary a problem before he finally retired it. He's a Chevy man, knew it, and didn't deviate from plan. I, OTOH, replaced the GM-engined American Motors POS with a Ford Mustang GT, which is now 15 years old, well in excess of 100K miles, and its biggest repair to date has been...an alternator. Chalk it up to lesson finally learned, reverting to type, bowing to the will of the Car Gods, or whatever...)

Worst car I owned was The Black Knight.

53218804_pr.jpg

http://www.gmphotostore.com/prodinfo.asp?number=53218804

Was completely roached by the time I got it. Sold it back to the guy I bought it from for the $300 I paid.

Doctari truck? That would be the FC-150.

http://jeepfc.www5.50megs.com/fc150/fc-150.htm

Mine was rusty, and developed a high speed shimmy. With the plow, got very scary if you hit the brakes hard. Traded it away for a Mini-30. I got the worst of that deal.

The car I had at school was a 74 Ventura hatchback. Pontiac version of Chevy Nova.

http://www.adclassix.com/ads/73pontiacventura.htm

Heater leaked, so I bypassed it. Good thing I was living 5 minutes from campus.

250 six cylinder got 25 mpg, and would not die. Radiator was in sad shape. Overheated it till it seized, at the Buffalo toll gate one trip home. They let me have some water, and after an hour or so I filled it back up, and drove the rest of the way home. Soldered up the leaks, but few fins left between the tubes. After that, it would boil over after running for a hour.

1961 (I think) ford fairlane station wagon hand painted with a brush. The guy i got it from for 25.00 was a painter. 3 spped on the column. It didnt run. I was 15 and didnt even have a license yet. Doesnt mean i didnt drive it. Got it running(had a slipped timing chain) and sold it for 175.00 before I got my license. Of course only was paid 100.00 since the engine blew before they finished paying me. It has to be the worst, even beats the chevette I had once.